Uniform Team Color Project (Work in Progress)

Started by TheDevicer, January 04, 2013, 04:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

So if Diddy gets a redux I vote for s version without the P:Mars/Minty/ whatever logo thrown on. I really badly edited the Nintendo logo back onto mine but I feel it looks unprofesdional and out of place.
Also I think one has it on the back of Falco's jacket or something???

September 26, 2013, 02:16:03 PM #511 Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 05:07:15 PM by Xenozoa425
I think that was Obskore's version, but I don't know if he ever released a link for it.

Also as I'm going back and making some major adjustments to some of my Mars/Maritimes that I'm starting to dislike (the Samuses, Snake, Meta Knight, and Falcon) the differences are just amazing. I just finished doing all the Samuses, and the improvements are so much better.

Mars Samus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Maritime Samus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I mean, just look at how much cleaner and vibrant they look. It's ridiculous.

And the upgrade influx begins. Hadn't even realized Samus was missing anything until I saw 'em side by side.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Xenozoa425 on September 26, 2013, 02:16:03 PM
I think that was Obskore's version, but I don't know if he ever released a link for it.

Also as I'm going back and making some major adjustments to some of my Mars/Maritimes that I'm starting to dislike (the Samuses, Snake, Meta Knight, and Falcon) the differences are just amazing. I just finished doing all the Samuses, and the improvements are so much better.

Mars Samus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Maritime Samus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I mean, just look at how much cleaner and vibrant they look. It's ridiculous.
The only thing the old ones do better than the new ones is that the Arm Cannons match the theme, other than that, nice job.
<- I Support MM8BDM!


Quote from: GameAndWatcher on September 26, 2013, 09:46:36 PM
The only thing the old ones do better than the new ones is that the Arm Cannons match the theme, other than that, nice job.
I personally cannot stand having the arm cannon a different color from the official green. This way, the textures look like they belong in Brawl more than they did before.

I prefer the recolored arm cannons personally.

September 27, 2013, 08:09:47 PM #517 Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 08:10:56 PM by Kramerdorf
Quote from: Xenozoa425 on September 26, 2013, 02:16:03 PM
I think that was Obskore's version, but I don't know if he ever released a link for it.

Also as I'm going back and making some major adjustments to some of my Mars/Maritimes that I'm starting to dislike (the Samuses, Snake, Meta Knight, and Falcon) the differences are just amazing. I just finished doing all the Samuses, and the improvements are so much better.

Mars Samus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Maritime Samus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I mean, just look at how much cleaner and vibrant they look. It's ridiculous.
Your reduxes justify the green arm cannons now!
Are these for download yet? Cant wait to get'em.

Amazing job Xeno, truly.
----------------------------------------------------
Now for something a little less amazing...
----------------------------------------------------
Here are my Ganons for the "M"s
I mainly used Mars Falcon, Maritime Ganon and Minty Fox V2 for the color styles.
Though, im sure not a lot of people dont use/care for Melee Ganon, I still want these to be top-of-line-textures like all the rest so hit me with feedback.

Mars
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Maritime
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Minty
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Zacheart on September 27, 2013, 04:31:45 AM
I prefer the recolored arm cannons personally.
I totally understand. The reason why I even recolored them in the first place was because people suggested me to. I was going to keep them green by default, but the guys back in the Maritime thread on Smash Mods insisted otherwise. And for a while, I did kinda like how it gave a different shade of blue to the texture (since I couldn't find a decent way to add a lighter shade of blue without it looking really awkward or unprofessional), but now that I've done that with the silver armor on the lower chest and inner thighs (you can see it has a small blue tint to it), what other color choices do I have that would make sense and give it a better Maritime feel?

That's why I kept the green cannon: so that I can appeal to both the official feel AND the Maritime feel at once.

Quote from: Kramerdorf on September 27, 2013, 08:09:47 PM
Your reduxes justify the green arm cannons now!
Are these for download yet? Cant wait to get'em.

Amazing job Xeno, truly.
Thanks so much. And yes they are up for grabs, I've spent all day yesterday updating some of my textures.

But if you thought those were good, you should see these.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Kramerdorf on September 27, 2013, 08:09:47 PM
----------------------------------------------------
Now for something a little less amazing...
----------------------------------------------------
Here are my Ganons for the "M"s
I mainly used Mars Falcon, Maritime Ganon and Minty Fox V2 for the color styles.
Though, im sure not a lot of people dont use/care for Melee Ganon, I still want these to be top-of-line-textures like all the rest so hit me with feedback.

Mars
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Maritime
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Minty
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Double thumbs up on all of those, even though I prefer the TP/Brawl model over the Melee/OoT one.

Those Melee Ganondorfs look great! Only thing I'm not a fan of is that greenish bit on the arms and legs (I think it's chainmail?) bit of him, but otherwise the colours all fit the theme. Maybe make it either a darker or lighter blue? Well done though!


I tried gold before on the cannon, didn't look right. I'm sticking with green though.

I've also got a little Maritime Snake revamp right here.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Taiko on September 27, 2013, 10:43:01 PM
Those Melee Ganondorfs look great! Only thing I'm not a fan of is that greenish bit on the arms and legs (I think it's chainmail?) bit of him, but otherwise the colours all fit the theme. Maybe make it either a darker or lighter blue? Well done though!
Greenish bit on his chainmail? Im not sure what you mean. On which Ganondorf?


Quote from: Kramerdorf on September 28, 2013, 06:11:10 PM
Greenish bit on his chainmail? Im not sure what you mean. On which Ganondorf?
Sorry, the Maritime one. The bit on his upper arm and upper leg.

September 28, 2013, 06:16:31 PM #524 Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 06:22:40 PM by Kramerdorf
Quote from: Xenozoa425 on September 28, 2013, 05:51:52 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I love the new texture. The water ripple looks very aesthetic and makes a great camo for Snake.
Your slowly becoming one of my fave texture hackers, Xeno. :)
Im kinda inspired to redo my mars Snake now.

Post Merge: September 28, 2013, 06:18:31 PM

Quote from: Taiko on September 28, 2013, 06:14:24 PM
Sorry, the Maritime one. The bit on his upper arm and upper leg.
I'll look into making it more sky-ish blue.

EDIT: @Xeno
Hey, you should try something. Try making Snakes knee and elbow pads a very,very,VERY subtle tone of yellow. Just to see if it blends with the whole outfit Im not sure if it'll look good or not but It may be the small "umph" that might really put this whole texture together.