Uniform Team Color Project (Work in Progress)

Started by TheDevicer, January 04, 2013, 04:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

September 28, 2013, 06:50:26 PM #525 Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 04:45:33 PM by Xenozoa425
I can tinker around with some pale gold or brown on the pads and equipment later, but I think Snake looks fine as is. All his stuff has a small blue tinge to it, so it's not just a copy/paste job. But I'll try out your suggestions later and see how they stack up.

Edit: Sorry it took so long, I've been really busy lately lol.

Anyway, here are 2 more Snake previews, one with a bit of improvements to the color of his equipment (belts, ammo pouches, elbow/knee pads, etc) and the other with a small faded tan/gold tinge to the elbow and knee pads.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I think the gold/tan equipment would be better suited for Mars rather than Maritime. It was a neat suggestion but it just doesn't look quite as good with blue as it does with red/orange.

Edit 2: Maritime Snake is up.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Edit 3: Mars Meta Knight is also remastered and up for grabs.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Thanks.

I think Maritime Falcon is the last of my UTCP updates before I recruit a few people to work on vBrawl portraits and setup a huge compilation package, but I might also want to redo my Mars Falco as well beforehand. We'll see though.

October 03, 2013, 04:33:24 PM #528 Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 04:44:18 PM by Shun_One
Revamp #1.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Brawl Vault | DropBox

Seeing how there's a "give everyone all team colors" thing, I embraced the idea of Minty Luigi being for green team and also expanded the possible color selection of Minty choices. I really think we limited ourselves way too much with Minty. Most of the characters look more cyan, honestly.

Mario is likely next. He looks too similar to Maritime Mario.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

I agree, Minty should have used more magenta accents than cyan. That's what I mostly did when I revisted any Minties. Shun, you should upload a version of Ike with a pink inside cape, etc. like I showed you I did. It's mostly your work, wouldn't wanna rob ya. :P

October 04, 2013, 11:34:14 PM #530 Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 11:35:11 PM by Mr.Mishima
Going to put Ganon on hold for a while so I can rework mars Snake.
Here's what I've started for mars Snake v2

I remember torwards the beginning of the project someone mentioned Snakes camo should looke like "gushing lava." Well it may not be gushing but I did use a molten rock texture as a base foe the design. Tell me what you think.
[spoiler]


Finding a unique camo for Snake is tough, I went through a lot of revisions before I settled on a reptile scale texture for my own red team Snake. I went and used all sorts of textures: a whole ton of military camos, shattered glass, scratched metal, electricity, and even circuit boards, and I couldn't find anything that both blended well and looked good in red.

I don't think magma would fit in with Mars, though. The MGS3 squares camo is a great and unique idea, it just needs to be improved upon better, as well as touching up different parts. One thing that bothered me was the knee and elbow pads were gold/tan instead of the small cuffs on the top and bottom of the pads.

October 04, 2013, 11:47:47 PM #532 Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 11:53:07 PM by Mr.Mishima
Quote from: Xenozoa425 on October 04, 2013, 11:41:50 PM
Finding a unique camo for Snake is tough, I went through a lot of revisions before I settled on a reptile scale texture for my own red team Snake. I went and used all sorts of textures: a whole ton of military camos, shattered glass, scratched metal, electricity, and even circuit boards, and I couldn't find anything that both blended well and looked good in red.

I don't think magma would fit in with Mars, though. The MGS3 squares camo is a great and unique idea, it just needs to be improved upon better, as well as touching up different parts. One thing that bothered me was the knee and elbow pads were gold/tan instead of the small cuffs on the top and bottom of the pads.
The cuffs were actually fixed sometime ago I just kept it for myself :(
I also brightened up most of the black parts since I thought i made it too dark.
I'm a bad person...

EDIT: I also considered using actual images of Mars surface as a base. I may try to expand on that if need be.


A moon/planet/surface filled with craters and tiles perfectly might do just the trick.

But Squares Camo Mars Snake was so good. D8

Maybe base it off MGS3's' Fire Camo instead?

Redid Maritime Falcon.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

That Falcon actually looks hella good.

Also, I actually like the magma on Snake for Mars for some reason.

Wow Xeno, that Falcon is way better than the old one. The difference in experience shows!

Dio: I say keep the current pattern. I like how it's a reference to MGS3, but I think all it needs is just a bit of colour adjustments, like the knee pads.

So now that I'm pretty much done updating all of my older textures, I can start compiling a list of portraits that need to be worked on and start putting together the entire Maritime/Mars/Minty package. That is, if some of us don't want to do anymore Minty redos.

I do love the squares camo myself. But I do think I should try my hand at a more "natural" texture like the Minty and Maritime since they used Bubbles and Minty honeybomb (I originally thought it was the veins of a mint leaf)

Those textures implemented the element associated by that color. So I want to try something like that too.
I also made planet mars texture but Im not going to post it yet until I make some revisions.

Also I noticed my Mars Snake lacked a consistency that other Snakes had, mainly the ammo packs and pads where not the same color. I also removed the MGS3 syled glove I gave him.
It looks a lot more bland to me but I think it makes a more honest Brawl texture.
[spoiler]