(Update!) Velen's random ass stuff.

Started by Velen, May 20, 2013, 08:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Quote from: Velen on June 03, 2013, 05:36:16 PM
Okay. I have a new version of Bowser's texture, and the scales are nearly finished. I need someone to test how it's coming along, so...Who'd be willing to apply the speculars and new texture?

I still volunteer.

I need someone who can apply speculars to characters ala C.Falcon.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on June 03, 2013, 08:51:08 PM
I need someone who can apply speculars to characters ala C.Falcon.
I could test it for you. I know how to add specular maps to characters.
P.S. - Bowser is my favorite character, so it'd be neat to see him with Specular mapping. :)
JoeTE ~ Now copying lifeform data!

Would be nice to have one for Giga, too. Just throwing it out there. ;)

Quote from: JoeTE on June 03, 2013, 09:40:48 PM
I could test it for you. I know how to add specular maps to characters.
P.S. - Bowser is my favorite character, so it'd be neat to see him with Specular mapping. :)

I'll send you the stuff via PM then. Be sure to send me screenies.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on June 03, 2013, 10:47:45 PM
Would be nice to have one for Giga, too. Just throwing it out there. ;)

I probably won't do him for a while. He's pretty damn big..

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302



Wow. Didn't expect Alba to pay a visit. You're welcome. =)


Quote from: KTH on June 04, 2013, 05:07:43 PM
Ok, thank you for having ignored me.
I'm sorry about that, man. I didn't mean to come off that way...

JoeTE already tested it. It's coming along nicely but there needs to be a way to increase the surface area of how much of the specular is shown at a time, otherwise we'll be stuck with it being merely C.Falcon-styled shine, and considering Bowser's skin is not made of rubber. I can't have that.

Speaking of: Here's the screenshot he took to get an idea what it looks like. Somewhat.

[spoiler]

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

June 04, 2013, 06:35:48 PM #24 Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 06:36:46 PM by JoeTE
Quote from: Velen on June 04, 2013, 06:16:52 PM
Wow. Didn't expect Alba to pay a visit. You're welcome. =)

I'm sorry about that, man. I didn't mean to come off that way...

JoeTE already tested it. It's coming along nicely but there needs to be a way to increase the surface area of how much of the specular is shown at a time, otherwise we'll be stuck with it being merely C.Falcon-styled shine, and considering Bowser's skin is not made of rubber. I can't have that.
Yeah, the spec map isn't too noticeable in that screenshot I showed earlier.

But that is definitely be fixable, using the information I just sent you via PM.

I'll leave a copy of the information here (just in case anyone else wants to see it and/or the new screenshots I provided.)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
JoeTE ~ Now copying lifeform data!

Quote from: JoeTE on June 04, 2013, 06:35:48 PM
Yeah, the spec map isn't too noticeable in that screenshot I showed earlier.

But that is definitely be fixable, using the information I just sent you via PM.

I'll leave a copy of the information here (just in case anyone else wants to see it and/or the new screenshots I provided.)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Well, I've always thought of Bowser's scales and being armor-like, so I want them to have a semi-metallic shine.

Also, if you look at his scales in Super Mario Galaxy, they shine too, somewhat.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

June 15, 2013, 06:44:46 PM #26 Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 06:51:58 PM by Velen
Update!

Specular map is complete!

I would've added to the shell, but it's way too hard to do with nothing but a track pad. X_X

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Also, the slightly updated original to go along with the new scales

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

June 16, 2013, 11:52:51 PM #27 Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:15:26 AM by Nanobuds
I gotchu

Post Merge: June 17, 2013, 12:15:26 AM

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.