cBliss v1.5 [16?]

Started by ASF1nk, May 28, 2013, 10:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

16?

Si
Siiiiiiiii!
Is the filesize limit for sc_selcharacter.pac 2,79 or 3,79? Because the OP says 3,79 and the selcaracter.pac you download with cBliss is 2,79!

...people seem to be forgetting that you need to replace -every- file. There's even a specific pack that helps for that.

AND you kinda need to include the default costumes (if you haven't replaced any - meaning, you get them from the disc).

Not to mention the XML.

I mean, do people just expect this to work willy-nilly without assessing -every- possible situation?

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Quote from: Zekrom101 on July 03, 2013, 07:38:59 PM
Is the filesize limit for sc_selcharacter.pac 2,79 or 3,79? Because the OP says 3,79 and the selcaracter.pac you download with cBliss is 2,79!

3.79, the cBliss file is incredibly small when you first get it since most of the portraits are basically blank.

Interesting note to anyone using Dark Flaming Blue CSS with cBliss: after I replaced all my portraits and the background in the cBliss sc_selchar, the file was a bit over the limit and I was looking for ways to reduce it when I found that reducing the colors of the background image to 16 in BrawlBox really brings the file size down, and I didn't even notice a difference in quality since it's all blue and black anyway... Pretty useful if your file is just barely over the limit.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

I've been using the red and black CSS w/ cBliss with no issues.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


July 03, 2013, 11:28:19 PM #559 Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 12:06:11 AM by GaryCXJk
Okay, I've got a modification that's only for the truly adventurous types of people, as this will use the addresses of Wario's new offset, keeping Wario's at its original place. Like the original author already stated, if these addresses are going to be overwritten at some point by another code, it could make cBliss not work at all, so be very sure none of the addresses are going to be overwritten, or just use the original, since if these addresses are going to be used, at least it would only be Wario who would be getting the boot.


Costume Color offset FIX [ASF1nk]
07200D34 00000060
00000501 03020103
08040205 02060007
03080109 0C000000
03000001 05020103
08040205 02060007
03080109 0C000000
01000001 03020503
08040205 02060007
03080109 0C000000
05000001 03020103
08040205 02060007
03080109 0C000000

This will store four sets of costume data.


All Roster has Costume Offset FIX. v2 [ASF1nk]
04455460 81200D34
04455470 81200D7C
04455480 81200D4C
04455490 81200D7C
044554A0 81200D7C
044554B0 81200D4C
044554C0 81200D7C
044554D0 81200D7C
044554E0 81200D7C
044554F0 81200D4C
04455500 81200D7C
04455510 81200D34
04455520 81200D4C
04455530 81200D7C
04455540 81200D7C
04455550 81200D7C
04455560 81200D7C
04455570 81200D7C
04455580 81200D7C
04455590 81200D7C
044555A0 81200D7C
044555B0 80455334
044555C0 81200D7C
044555D0 81200D7C
044555E0 81200D7C
044555F0 81200D7C
04455600 81200D34
04455610 81200D7C
04455620 81200D7C
04455630 81200D7C
04455640 81200D7C
04455650 81200D34
04455660 81200D64
04455670 81200D7C
04455680 81200D34
04455690 81200D7C
044556A0 81200D4C
044556B0 81200D7C
044556C0 81200D7C
044556D0 81200D64

This will write the new offsets to the costume data.

What it does is simple. It uses the original set of data described in the original code, meaning, FitChar01 is red, FitChar02 is green and FitChar03 is blue.

However, in the cases where the main color, as in, FitChar00, is any of the team colors, it would pick that instead, in Mario's case, his primary costume would be the red team costume.

Again, it's not advisable to use this code if you're not sure any of the codes will write to this location.

Also, I'm going to do some more tests, to see if I can extend this any further.

Anyway, I tested it, and it does work with at least Mario.

EDIT: If you're going to use Alternative Stage Loader, don't use this.

July 04, 2013, 02:54:01 AM #560 Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 02:55:29 AM by Lockablefaceman
Quote from: lakerfan1486 on July 03, 2013, 07:32:32 PM
So is your Project M working? Also I'm trying to use character skins as well, but they all have .pcs and .pac files. Mine keeps freezing
Yes! It's working perfectly. for the stage select map. Did you place the sel_map file in the cBliss pack into your menu2? DON'T do that. Delete it to be able to use PM select stage.  BUT you do need to replace these files. They're in the common5 file in the system folder.
-MiscData[40] [StockIcons]
-PAT= MenSelmapPlayer1_TopN [On MiscData[20]] [Pattern File for StockIcons]
-PAT= MenSelmapPlayer2_TopN [On MiscData[20]] [Pattern File for StockIcons]
-PAT= MenSelmapPlayer3_TopN [On MiscData[20]] [Pattern File for StockIcons]
-PAT= MenSelmapPlayer4_TopN [On MiscData[20]] [Pattern File for StockIcons]

First, though. You must export those files from the common5 you got for cBliss.
The MiscData[40] is visible after opening the sc_selmap_en in the common5. Right click it and use "Export". The other four files are in the MiscData[20]. Then you have to go down and expand AnmTexPat(NW4R) and Export them individually. Then go into the common5 file you'll be using for Project M and, instead of Exporting them, Replace them.

Are your .pcs and .pac files the same size? If so then open them in BrawlBox and save them as a .pair. That'll properly compress one of them and they'll be different sizes.
If they are different sizes then I don't know what to suggest.

I really hope I got my stuff right here. I'm not exactly an expert with this stuff.. But this is what I did so it should work.

ok new problem, somehow it doesn't replace the CSS anymore, so get freezes if i choose a new color D:

Is it the file patch code or am i missing something?
this is my directory:

pf/fighter/All fighter files
pf/info/portrite/All portrait files
pf/menu/common/char_bust_tex/All files are there
pf/menu2/sc-selcharacter_de.pac, sc_selcharacter2_de.pac and sc_selmap_de.pac (because common5 isn't the same in PAL)
pf/stage/melee/STGRESULT_de.pac

are all files correct or is something wrong?
Because Gecko doesn't replace the CSS anymore and i didn't change the .gct file for weeks!
Please help! Dx

July 04, 2013, 01:52:17 PM #562 Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 02:50:17 PM by Mewtwo2000
Quote from: GaryCXJk on July 03, 2013, 11:28:19 PM
Okay, I've got a modification that's only for the truly adventurous types of people, as this will use the addresses of Wario's new offset, keeping Wario's at its original place. Like the original author already stated, if these addresses are going to be overwritten at some point by another code, it could make cBliss not work at all, so be very sure none of the addresses are going to be overwritten, or just use the original, since if these addresses are going to be used, at least it would only be Wario who would be getting the boot.


Costume Color offset FIX [ASF1nk]
07200D34 00000060
00000501 03020103
08040205 02060007
03080109 0C000000
03000001 05020103
08040205 02060007
03080109 0C000000
01000001 03020503
08040205 02060007
03080109 0C000000
05000001 03020103
08040205 02060007
03080109 0C000000

This will store four sets of costume data.


All Roster has Costume Offset FIX. v2 [ASF1nk]
04455460 81200D34
04455470 81200D7C
04455480 81200D4C
04455490 81200D7C
044554A0 81200D7C
044554B0 81200D4C
044554C0 81200D7C
044554D0 81200D7C
044554E0 81200D7C
044554F0 81200D4C
04455500 81200D7C
04455510 81200D34
04455520 81200D4C
04455530 81200D7C
04455540 81200D7C
04455550 81200D7C
04455560 81200D7C
04455570 81200D7C
04455580 81200D7C
04455590 81200D7C
044555A0 81200D7C
044555B0 80455334
044555C0 81200D7C
044555D0 81200D7C
044555E0 81200D7C
044555F0 81200D7C
04455600 81200D34
04455610 81200D7C
04455620 81200D7C
04455630 81200D7C
04455640 81200D7C
04455650 81200D34
04455660 81200D64
04455670 81200D7C
04455680 81200D34
04455690 81200D7C
044556A0 81200D4C
044556B0 81200D7C
044556C0 81200D7C
044556D0 81200D64

This will write the new offsets to the costume data.

What it does is simple. It uses the original set of data described in the original code, meaning, FitChar01 is red, FitChar02 is green and FitChar03 is blue.

However, in the cases where the main color, as in, FitChar00, is any of the team colors, it would pick that instead, in Mario's case, his primary costume would be the red team costume.

Again, it's not advisable to use this code if you're not sure any of the codes will write to this location.

Also, I'm going to do some more tests, to see if I can extend this any further.

Anyway, I tested it, and it does work with at least Mario.

EDIT: If you're going to use Alternative Stage Loader, don't use this.

Read this quote:

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 23, 2013, 03:41:26 PM
About that stability, the only difference (unless I'm mistaken) between cBliss 1.1 and 1.5 is just that Wario has his own place in memory to enable his 12 costumes. I've been told that the memory used is used at some point by other things in the game, so it's not a safe location.

I could post a memory-safe version of the codes, both the original and modded teams versions in case it gets better. I'll do it later.

So, unless I'm mistaken, you've made the code to keep wario in his original spot, while using what was the place in memory for wario before as the new costume values for the rest of characters, only that in 4 different sets so they can keep their standard costume as the red/green/blue team. This will be unstable, probably less unstable than what I posted some weeks ago to accomplish the same thing, but still will be.

You mentioned the possibility of re-using the junk that is the original placement of the costumes, so I'm wondering why have you used that unstable part of the memory instead of that junk. The idea is fine, but you've used the wrong memory just like asf1nk or myself, with some of my modded versions.

In fact, I got a new mod I'm using for like 2 weeks with a safer place in the memory. Instead of having 4 different sets and using them in each character, depending on what each one needs, I've just written a big bunch of memory and every character just points to their own place, even if the contents are exactly the same. I did that because I originally made a mod in which the original Brawl order was kept, and that needed every character to use their own costume info, not only 4 sets like in the cBliss order. So I just converted my long code into the special case in which all the characters use a different place in memory with the cBliss order for everybody.

I've never shared those codes with the new offset, so I'm doing it now. I'll also re-post the codes with the original Brawl order, just in case. That way, people may test and select what's more stable for them.

cBliss with cBliss css order, but original team colors:

Characters have 10 Costumes [All Chars +] [Mewtwo2000, ASF1nk]

06AD817C 00000070
13FF13FF 13FF33FF
13FF13FF 13FF13FF
13FF13FF 13FF33FF
33FF13FF 13FF13FF
13FF13FF 13FF13FF
13FF1FFF 13FF13FF
13FF13FF 13FF33FF
13FF13FF 13FF13FF
13FF13FF 13FF13FF
13FF13FF 13FF13FF
13FF13FF 13FF13FF
13FF13FF 13FF13FF
13FF13FF 13FF13FF
13FF13FF 13FF13FF


Custom CSS expansion slots (cBliss + original teams) v2 [Mewtwo2000]

06582D34 000003C8
00000001 03020103
02040805 09060507
0B080409 0C000000
07000001 03020103
08040905 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
03000001 03020103
08040905 02060507
0B080409 0C000000
02000001 03020103
04040805 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
05000001 03020103
04040805 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
03000001 03020103
02040605 05060507
0B080409 0C000000
06000001 03020103
02040905 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
07000001 03020103
08040905 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
02000001 03020103
05040705 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
03000001 03020103
0B040A05 04060507
0B080409 0C000000
05000001 03020103
08040605 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
00000001 03020103
02040905 08060507
0B080409 0C000000
03000001 03020103
08040905 07060507
0B080409 0C000000
06000001 03020103
09040A05 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
09000001 03020103
08040405 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
09000001 03020103
08040405 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
04000001 03020103
08040905 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
05000001 03020103
08040905 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
08000001 03020103
02040505 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
09000001 03020103
08040A05 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
04000001 03020103
08040705 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
05000001 03020103
08040205 02060007
03080109 070A090B
0C000000 00000000
04000001 03020103
09040605 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
09000001 03020103
02040805 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
02000001 03020103
09040805 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
02000001 03020103
07040405 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
00000001 03020103
06040205 04060507
0B080409 0C000000
02000001 03020103
07040705 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
02000001 03020103
07040705 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
02000001 03020103
07040705 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
02000001 03020103
07040705 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
00000001 03020103
07040405 06060507
0B080409 0C000000
01000001 03020103
05040905 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
05000001 03020103
07040205 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
00000001 03020103
06040205 09060507
0B080409 0C000000
06000001 03020103
09040705 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
03000001 03020103
04040705 08060507
0B080409 0C000000
0B000001 03020103
08040905 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
05000001 03020103
09040705 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
01000001 03020103
02040805 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000


All roster use their own expanded slots v2 [Mewtwo2000]

04455460 80582D34
04455470 80582D4C
04455480 80582D64
04455490 80582D7C
044554A0 80582D94
044554B0 80582DAC
044554C0 80582DC4
044554D0 80582DDC
044554E0 80582DF4
044554F0 80582E0C
04455500 80582E24
04455510 80582E3C
04455520 804552A4
04455530 80582E6C
04455540 80582E84
04455550 80582E9C
04455560 80582EB4
04455570 80582ECC
04455580 80582EE4
04455590 80582EFC
044555A0 80582F14
044555B0 80455334
044555C0 80582F4C
044555D0 80582F64
044555E0 80582F7C
044555F0 80582F94
04455600 80582FAC
04455610 80582FC4
04455620 80582FDC
04455630 80582FF4
04455640 8058300C
04455650 80583024
04455660 8058303C
04455670 80583054
04455680 8058306C
04455690 80583084
044556A0 8058309C
044556B0 805830B4
044556C0 805830CC
044556D0 805830E4


cBliss with original (Brawl) css order and teams (needs files with the original css order):

Characters have 10 Costumes [All Chars +] [Mewtwo2000, ASF1nk]

06AD817C 00000070
13FF13FF 13FF33FF
13FF13FF 13FF13FF
13FF13FF 13FF33FF
33FF13FF 13FF13FF
13FF13FF 13FF13FF
13FF1FFF 13FF13FF
13FF13FF 13FF33FF
13FF13FF 13FF13FF
13FF13FF 13FF13FF
13FF13FF 13FF13FF
13FF13FF 13FF13FF
13FF13FF 13FF13FF
13FF13FF 13FF13FF
13FF13FF 13FF13FF

Custom CSS expansion slots v2 [Mewtwo2000]
06582D34 000003C8
00000906 01030204
08050302 00010507
0B080409 0C000000
07000804 00010103
03020905 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
03000001 01030905
02060804 03020507
0B080409 0C000000
02000103 00010805
04040302 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
05000103 00010805
04040302 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
03000001 01030204
06050506 03020507
0B080409 0C000000
06000204 01030001
03020905 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
07000804 00010302
01030905 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
02000001 03020103
05040705 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
03000A05 00010103
0B040406 03020507
0B080409 0C000000
05000804 00010302
01030605 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
00000905 02040302
01030806 00010507
0B080409 0C000000
03000804 00010103
09050706 03020507
0B080409 0C000000
06000A05 00010103
03020904 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
09000001 01030405
03020804 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
09000001 01030405
03020804 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
04000001 01030804
03020905 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
05000001 03020804
09050103 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
08000001 02040103
03020505 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
09000A05 01030001
03020804 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
04000804 01030302
00010705 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
05000001 02050302
08040103 02060007
01090308 070A090B
0C000000 00000000
04000904 00010302
01030605 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
09000204 00010302
01030805 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
02000904 00010805
03020103 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
02000704 00010103
03020405 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
00000205 06040406
03020103 00010507
0B080409 0C000000
02000001 03020103
07040705 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
02000001 03020103
07040705 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
02000001 03020103
07040705 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
02000001 03020103
07040705 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
00000606 03020405
01030704 00010507
0B080409 0C000000
01000001 05040905
03020103 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
05000205 00010103
03020704 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
00000906 02050604
01030302 00010507
0B080409 0C000000
06000001 09040103
03020705 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
03000001 01030404
07050806 03020507
0B080409 0C000000
0B000001 08040302
01030905 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
05000001 01030904
03020705 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000
01000805 02040302
00010103 0A060507
0B080409 0C000000

All roster use their own expanded slots v2 [Mewtwo2000]

04455460 80582D34
04455470 80582D4C
04455480 80582D64
04455490 80582D7C
044554A0 80582D94
044554B0 80582DAC
044554C0 80582DC4
044554D0 80582DDC
044554E0 80582DF4
044554F0 80582E0C
04455500 80582E24
04455510 80582E3C
04455520 804552A4
04455530 80582E6C
04455540 80582E84
04455550 80582E9C
04455560 80582EB4
04455570 80582ECC
04455580 80582EE4
04455590 80582EFC
044555A0 80582F14
044555B0 80455334
044555C0 80582F4C
044555D0 80582F64
044555E0 80582F7C
044555F0 80582F94
04455600 80582FAC
04455610 80582FC4
04455620 80582FDC
04455630 80582FF4
04455640 8058300C
04455650 80583024
04455660 8058303C
04455670 80583054
04455680 8058306C
04455690 80583084
044556A0 8058309C
044556B0 805830B4
044556C0 805830CC
044556D0 805830E4


The gct files and the Project M versions can be found here:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/4cnt80dm764ru/CBliss
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

July 05, 2013, 03:24:15 PM #563 Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 03:31:23 PM by GaryCXJk
Well, that mostly was because something made my Wii and Dolphin crash, so I wasn't sure if it had to do with overwriting junk code or not. Tried it again later when trying to give each character their own costume data and junk, and no problems there.

Anyway, here's a question. What would happen if we were to give Toon Link more than ten costumes?

I know, I know, it would overwrite some portrait images of Wol-

Oh, wait, never mind, it's totally possible.

So that means that both Toon Link and Wolf are able to carry more than ten costumes, most likely even Dark and Fake skins potentially. I didn't try it on Sonic though.

Also, I think it's possible to give Wario one extra costume, or actually two extra costumes, but since I don't like to overwrite his dark costume, it could be potentially possible to give him a thirteenth costume that would overwrite a potential Fake costume. I also haven't yet tried that, though.

Heck, it *might* even be possible to give him an additional two, but from what I heard it might not be possible to go beyond the fourteen costumes in existence (twelve original with his existing Dark costume and his non-existing Fake costume).

By the way, Fake just means the shadow bug versions that Peach, Zelda, Samus and Diddy had.

EDIT: By the way, remember seeing that in the "Characters have 10 Costumes" code, most had 13FF, some had 33FF and one had 1FFF? I finally got it. I mean, it's not hard to get this code, but the one that stood out for me was the 33FF part. I just figured out that the 3 just had that one extra bit, it being the 14th bit, that represented whether the character had a Fake costume or not.

(For those who don't get this mumbo jumbo, when turning each of the previous hexadecimal values into binary values, each one represents a "this costume is enabled on this character, yo")

Quote from: Zekrom101 on July 04, 2013, 11:45:15 AM
ok new problem, somehow it doesn't replace the CSS anymore, so get freezes if i choose a new color D:

Is it the file patch code or am i missing something?
this is my directory:

pf/fighter/All fighter files
pf/info/portrite/All portrait files
pf/menu/common/char_bust_tex/All files are there
pf/menu2/sc-selcharacter_de.pac, sc_selcharacter2_de.pac and sc_selmap_de.pac (because common5 isn't the same in PAL)
pf/stage/melee/STGRESULT_de.pac

are all files correct or is something wrong?
Because Gecko doesn't replace the CSS anymore and i didn't change the .gct file for weeks!
Please help! Dx
shouldnt it be sc_selcharacter.pac instead of sc_selcharacter_de.pac?
i think it should

Quote from: Mr.MW on July 05, 2013, 06:31:53 PM
shouldnt it be sc_selcharacter.pac instead of sc_selcharacter_de.pac?
i think it should
i'm a PAL user so there are 5 different pacs
sc_selcharacter_de.pac (German)
sc_selcharacter_en.pac (English)
sc_selcharacter_es.pac (Spanish)
sc_selcharacter_fr.pac (French)
sc_selcharacter_it.pac (Italian)

so i'm german so i need the sc_selcharacter_de.pac

or does the pal file patch code only replace sc_selcharacter.pac over all 5?
i'm cunfused :P

Quote from: GaryCXJk on July 05, 2013, 03:24:15 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This is pretty much common sense.
Wolf cosmetic slot is not even after ToonLink's; Ghost Z/S' is.
Matter of fact Ganon, ROB, TL, Wolf and Sonic can be given more than 10 costumes without having to worry about other cosmetics interfering.
Heck if you don't mind interference you can just give all characters more than 10.
Only difference you'll see is in the BPs and stock icons.
For example Mario's 11 costume would load DK's 00 BP in-game, but other wise no problems at all.

About costume flags you're right. They are read from right to left.
First 4-bit being costumes 00 - 03, second being 04-07, and third being 05-09.
last one handles whether spy, dark, and fake are loaded.
Also credit to BlackJax for helping me with figure out the costume flags way back then. :P

So yeah that last bit is the key for loading more than 12 costumes, though you may notice that only adds up to 15 costumes. the 16th one is another story.

Also using the Dark/Spy/Fake costume's can make Game&Watch have more than one .pac/.pcs.

Regarding more than 10 costumes, I'm leaning towards not doing them.
Because to properly do them without overlapping cosmetics I would  need to relocate half the roster's cosmetics.
That means I have to re-do ALL of that half a roster's cosmetics in the WHOLE game.
Not to mention although doable the filesize of those extra ~240 CSPs might be too much, and I want to leave room for potential extra slots.

Skype: ASF1nk



I think I get where you're going at. It would definitely be too much work for possibly nothing.

Thanks for the pointers by the way, now I can do this all by myself :P

By the way, care to tell us what's up with bit number 16? I assume it isn't because Brawl reads the values as signed or something.

July 06, 2013, 12:08:28 AM #568 Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:51:51 AM by thegeekguy
alright, i'm new to anything other than basic hacks, what is dolphin? is it a launcher like Gecko?  i use Gecko, where should i start?

Edit: I just did some research, is there a way to do this without dolphin? direct on a wii console.  or am i just stupid?

Of course you can do it on a Wii console. I bet that's what most people are doing.
You need the Homebrew channel and the Gecko code app (minimum).
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]