cBliss v1.5 [16?]

Started by ASF1nk, May 28, 2013, 10:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

16?

Si
Siiiiiiiii!
Quote from: LC-DDM on November 06, 2013, 04:55:52 PM
You mean not-cBliss, AKA Masquerade.
I said own version, not necessarily cBliss.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Are the infFace icons for the default costume slots necessary for things to work or can they be deleted? I'm not hurting for space or anything but I've been wondering what they're for. Apologies if it's been asked already but I skimmed the thread and didn't see anything .  :-[

The cBliss package changes the order of the characters when selecting them. So, most of the icons are included just to keep the correct relationship between the icon and the actual costume being loaded at that time. If you remove those, the ones in your disc will be loaded, they will probably be different to the costume loaded. And that would be all.

In short, they're not needed, but you'll be having a mismatch between icons and loaded costumes. That's only if you're using the cBliss order, which can be reverted back to Brawl order if using the cBliss Tool.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Okay, cool! I figured it was just to do with the reordering of the costumes but I wanted to be sure about it. Thanks. Might as well just keep them in place instead of figuring out which ones I can delete and can't.

question:how is your progress on mute city?
did ya miss me?

Quote from: Falconpunch1729 on November 11, 2013, 07:38:33 PM
question:how is your progress on mute city?


But really, this ain't the place for that, ask on Mewtwo2000's personal thread.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Sorry for reviving this but I'm in need of a bit of help.

I'm running PAL Brawl on a PAL Wii (via USBLoaderGX, but yes I do own a legal of PAL and NTSC Brawl), the game works fine and the texture replacement code I'm using is 3.5.1, I've installed everything as it should be, and after many freezes and retries it seemed to be working, until I got to the results screen and it crashed.

I tried renaming the STGRESULT Pac to STGRESULT_en to no avail, it crashed on the CSS again, oh and all my crashes were with load beeps as opposed to the silent crashes.

I've replaced the STGRESULT Pac with the one from the kit and haven't tried it, but I'm gonna assume it'll work but crash on the Results screen again.

Any ideas? I assume I'm having problems because I'm running it on PAL and the kits made for NTSC, so any advice would be golden.

Also to note my Project M seems to be working OK minus a few stages that cause a silent freeze and I've installed cBliss there too, so the stages is my fault, but otherwise, it works fine.
Back in Black

As far as I know, cBliss is yet to be ported for PAL. If you've somehow managed to make it work, but get freezes on the results screen, maybe getting a fixed one could work. Get the one in the pack or this one.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


I appriciate the help, as it turns out, I went back again and it once again kept freezing on the character select screen whenever I chose one of the "new" costume slots, so, I've tried absolutely everything and every kind of combination I can and can't figure it out, so, I'm just gonna wait until something more concrete like a PAL setup kit or something similar to the NTSC one is made.

I'd still like to know how I got it to work just that one time, but oh well, thank you again
Back in Black

how are you even playing P:M on a PAL iso?

Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on November 25, 2013, 07:08:20 PM
how are you even playing P:M on a PAL iso?
Well... If you only use the moveset files and not the codes...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

The ntsc results stage isn't compatible with pal. You should get no freeze if you simply remove it and let the game to load the original one.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on November 26, 2013, 02:18:06 AM
The ntsc results stage isn't compatible with pal. You should get no freeze if you simply remove it and let the game to load the original one.

Or, y'know, you could port the files from the STGRESULT given, onto the PAL STGRESULT. And then rename it to STGRESULT_en.

I think it's funny that I'm like the only one here who actually got it working on PAL.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Quote from: LC-DDM on November 26, 2013, 12:52:58 PM
Or, y'know, you could port the files from the STGRESULT given, onto the PAL STGRESULT. And then rename it to STGRESULT_en.

I think it's funny that I'm like the only one here who actually got it working on PAL.

Why don't you share your own, though? If yours works flawlessly, it would save the guy some work.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


I'm confused in terms of the first post's instructions regarding stock icon replacement. Here's what I DO know:

- I'm replacing the stock icons from the Brawl Costume Manager's interface
- None of my new icons are too large (file size), and they do have transparency (.png)
- The Costume Manager replaces the stock icons from common5>sc_selcharacter> MiscData[90]
- Brawl seems to load the stock icons from common5>sc_selmap>MiscData[40]

I'm sure this has been answered before, but...c'mon. There are 50 pages of thread here. My only real issue is making sense of the instructions.
Is it just me, or are the people of Unova extremely generous?