Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 30
Author Topic: Villager Joins the Brawl! -Released!-  (Read 155219 times)
Bad Box Art Mega Man
Keeper of the Gaming Universe
Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #270 on: January 19, 2014, 09:34:45 PM »

little psycho is joining us!

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #271 on: January 19, 2014, 09:43:51 PM »

nicely done snoopy. I updated the OP to contain that post.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Turb0k
    Supreme Kitten

Something Stupid

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #272 on: January 19, 2014, 09:52:05 PM »

Wait, you're still alive?

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #273 on: January 19, 2014, 10:25:04 PM »

nicely done snoopy. I updated the OP to contain that post.

thanks for that, i probably would have forgotten to ask otherwise.

Great job Snoopy, this looks to be coming along very nicely, keep it up!

why thank you, i aim to please.

little psycho is joining us!

and don't forget his Female partner in crime.

Wait, you're still alive?

surprisingly, yes.  i only rage quit a few times.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #274 on: January 22, 2014, 01:35:53 PM »

Look forward to trying this out!

Zikkh
    Lol Kitten

ok ok

• Awards Heart Container Concerned Elector Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #275 on: January 22, 2014, 01:50:06 PM »

I don't know if this question has been answered before, but will there be a Project M version?

NNID: ShadyLion
    Add me for some Sm4sh matches. ROB/Mario main

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #276 on: January 22, 2014, 07:34:41 PM »

I don't know if this question has been answered before, but will there be a Project M version?

if i actually played Project M, then i'd have a better feel for doing, but as for now, no.  if anyone would like to make one, i'd be happy to help, or at least try to change things to better match P:M.

so, i've run into a slight issue.  apparently, using the Generate Item command won't let me spawn Resetti, which kind of ruins my Final Smash idea.  anyone know if there is a way to spawn Assist Trophy characters whenever?  if not, i'm seeing 3 options for this. 
        1 - keep it as is, just without Resetti popping up after
        2 - go with a different suggested idea of basically keeping Pit's, but with Bees.  i'd have the animation of the Villager actually shaking a tree, then they pop out.
        3 - something else completely, which i have no idea what that is.

and while i'm asking questions, anyone know if there's a way to basically use the animation for when a fighter is being held in Wario's mouth?  i'd love to know how, since that'd help with the Grabbing i'm aiming for, which is the Smash 4 grab people with the Net.

the98pika
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer Concerned Elector Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #277 on: January 22, 2014, 08:16:10 PM »

I have no idea if anyone posted or if the makers noticed but...

1. His air Side-B, there's no gyroid.

2. Some of his animations are deformed, like Down-B at the start and end of the animation.
    (His throws have it too, but it's obvious it hasn't been programmed yet Tongue.)

3. The game froze when using Down-B, and moving the boxing glove all the way up for longer than 2 seconds.

-

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #278 on: January 23, 2014, 10:20:38 AM »

well, as i've mentioned previously and in the included ReadMe file, i have yet to actually make the Side B, Down B, Throws, and Final Smash.  if there's any animation where the Villager deforms like that, it means i'm going to be making the animation, nut just haven't at this point.  the grounded Side B does have Lloid and the sitting position there, but that was more for testing purposes to make sure i could actually get Lloid to show up right.  as for the Down B freezing, beats me, i have yet to touch it. 

the98pika
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer Concerned Elector Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #279 on: January 23, 2014, 05:04:06 PM »

well, as i've mentioned previously and in the included ReadMe file, i have yet to actually make the Side B, Down B, Throws, and Final Smash.  if there's any animation where the Villager deforms like that, it means i'm going to be making the animation, nut just haven't at this point.  the grounded Side B does have Lloid and the sitting position there, but that was more for testing purposes to make sure i could actually get Lloid to show up right.  as for the Down B freezing, beats me, i have yet to touch it. 
    Ah, ok just wanted to let you know. Thanks.

-

babyblinx1
    Advanced Kitten

I'm the mayor, do what I say.....OR ELSE

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #280 on: January 26, 2014, 06:45:31 PM »

So I havent been on for a long time, And i have an idea. try using a program to model/hack the Assist Trophies. This might be dumb because i don't mod or hack. :-P But it won't hurt to try! Just... save BEFORE you do it. XD

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #281 on: January 26, 2014, 07:42:25 PM »

So I havent been on for a long time, And i have an idea. try using a program to model/hack the Assist Trophies. This might be dumb because i don't mod or hack. :-P But it won't hurt to try! Just... save BEFORE you do it. XD

oh, you mean BrawlBox.  yeah, i use it a little bit.  quite the fancy little tool, it is. 

although the question is more what you would want to change.  changing the model is just like regular character imports.  the rest, probably just a little more than that.

anyways, i come bearing news of an update!

i got the Side B fully animated and working as it should.  i ended up not doing the projectile mode, mainly because i'd have to do the pseudo projectile 'use the ThrowN bone and have it just phase through everything including the walls and ground', and that would bug me pretty badly. 

so here's more of how it works.

first, he pulls out Lloid and hops on him.

then, Lloid rockets forward.

once he's out of steam, the Villager jumps off and re-pockets him.

so yeah.  Down B will be next. 

and i would like to ask again, since no one answered.

so, i've run into a slight issue.  apparently, using the Generate Item command won't let me spawn Resetti, which kind of ruins my Final Smash idea.  anyone know if there is a way to spawn Assist Trophy characters whenever?  if not, i'm seeing 3 options for this. 
        1 - keep it as is, just without Resetti popping up after
        2 - go with a different suggested idea of basically keeping Pit's, but with Bees.  i'd have the animation of the Villager actually shaking a tree, then they pop out.
        3 - something else completely, which i have no idea what that is.

should i stick with the current Final Smash even if i can't get Resetti to pop up at the end, or switch to something else?  the current one is this,

a message box pops up asking 'would you like to save?', which the Villager would shake his head 'no', then the screen goes black for a second or two, simulating a fake reset.  while dark, everyone else would get hit for 20-40% damage and possibly left with a random ailment, like Luigi's but it's a one time hit.  i'm not too sure about the exact details for the damage part, but that's my current idea.  and once the darkness fades out, Resetti would pop up because someone didn't save before resetting. 

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Keeper of the Gaming Universe
    Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #282 on: January 26, 2014, 07:53:01 PM »

i'm not too sure about the exact details for the damage part, but that's my current idea.  and once the darkness fades out, Resetti would pop up because someone didn't save before resetting. 
    [/spoiler]
    the damage part? just do tons of repetitive burn damage as a result of Resetti 'flaming' them

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #283 on: January 28, 2014, 06:49:59 PM »

well, maybe this'll generate a bit more interest than the last one.

Revision 2 release, now with a functional Side and Down B!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nh2z2g20cyvpuxn/VillagerPSARevision2.zip

the Down B is as i showed a few posts ago, while the Down B functions like this.

first, the Villager sets up the Firework Launcher either behind him or above him (on the ground and in the air respectively).  then after a bit, it shoots out for a large explosion.  you can either just push Down B and it'll go off more or less immediately once it's ready, or you can hold Down B until you feel like releasing it, but it'll still only go off after the setup is done.  no extra damage from charging, couldn't figure that part out.  but i'm pretty happy with at least being able to hold it.

i also grabbed Ikarus and ran through the PSA part because i was getting tired of not knowing why certain attacks weren't hitting right, like the Back Air.  turns out i was just trying to be too fancy with a few of them, and completely forgot to move others.  for example, the Back Air before was pointing towards the screen instead of other fighters.  another was the Neutral Air, i left them in the same place as Pit's, which is why they were hitting almost anywhere.  so, once again, the hitboxes for ALL the attacks should finally be right. 

not much left now, just the Throws, Final Smash, Kirby Hat (that i forgot about up until a few days ago...), and some final touch ups.  then i will finally call the Villager completed.

babyblinx1
    Advanced Kitten

I'm the mayor, do what I say.....OR ELSE

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #284 on: January 29, 2014, 10:21:41 AM »

I'm totally looking forward to this!

Pages:  1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 30
    Print
    Jump to: