Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What do you think about this Koopa psa? Should I release it?
Yeah, sure.   - 18 (81.8%)
I would give a try. - 3 (13.6%)
The psa seems decent, but the character is not that interesting. - 0 (0%)
I like the character, but the psa is not what I expected. - 1 (4.5%)
No, I definitely don't care about this character neither any psa related to it. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 21
Author Topic: Mortimer's Thread - Wandering  (Read 142759 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: October 18, 2013, 02:42:18 PM »

Odd...

The video seems to stop buffering at around the 1:24 mark. :/

I do like what I see. Though this PSA seems to suffer what my Silver v1 suffered. Too many electric attacks.

You're doing a good job, Mortimer. At least from what I'm able to see...

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: October 18, 2013, 04:29:45 PM »

Well... Needs a poll for this...  I don't know what would I prefer though...
    Yeah, I will do that, but after I release it so people can feel if it's annoying or not rather than guessing.

Odd...

The video seems to stop buffering at around the 1:24 mark. :/

I do like what I see. Though this PSA seems to suffer what my Silver v1 suffered. Too many electric attacks.

You're doing a good job, Mortimer. At least from what I'm able to see...

Damn, I thought it was youtube's problem, but I checked it and everyone had the same problem  Lips Sealed Thanks for telling me, I'll have to upload it again and hope it was not a rendering problem.
    The electric attacks I used to avoid using the aura/darkness effect on every best spot because they are a bit spammer to me. But I think I can remove them, I mostly used them on weak attacks but there's no real need for that. I'll just let the effect on the down tilt to avoid attack spamming and maybe something else.
    « Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:17:24 AM by Mortimer » Logged

Renova

Extreme Kitten

There's one thing a saiyan always keeps..HIS PRIDE

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: October 19, 2013, 09:02:26 AM »

Thanks. I really appreciate what you said, but after 2 months nearly without opinions I'm unmotivated to release all of this.

The length of the YouTube video was too scary to watch. Also, you didn't mention who the final smash was being used by in the description so that's probably a small reason for the lack of feedback.

Since the video was cut into segments in the description I finally got around to watching it and I must say I really enjoyed them. Despite a lot of them being OP, I feel most of them can be implemented into most peoples games with just an edit to the duration.

I really enjoyed the metal gear and caption falcon background hit & run fs (I know you named them but I'm on my ipad right now and I can't see the names). The bowser fs where he gets help from kamek is terrific.

It's a shame you don't plan to release them. I'd like to change he fs of some of the psa I'm currently using.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: October 19, 2013, 04:41:04 PM »

I uploaded the video again. The link stills on the first post on the same place, but I also placed it here in the spoilers section. I watched it here without problems, but if anyone see it always freezes on the same spot again please warn me.

SSBB Dry Bones PSA

The length of the YouTube video was too scary to watch. Also, you didn't mention who the final smash was being used by in the description so that's probably a small reason for the lack of feedback.

Since the video was cut into segments in the description I finally got around to watching it and I must say I really enjoyed them. Despite a lot of them being OP, I feel most of them can be implemented into most peoples games with just an edit to the duration.

I really enjoyed the metal gear and caption falcon background hit & run fs (I know you named them but I'm on my ipad right now and I can't see the names). The bowser fs where he gets help from kamek is terrific.

It's a shame you don't plan to release them. I'd like to change he fs of some of the psa I'm currently using.

Well, I didn't try to hide the character name. I didn't write their names because I made some of them over psas, like Gray Fox for example. So if I was to release it, it would have to be over Meta Knight as I can't release a changed psa file that's not mine. If I had written "Metal Gear - Gray Fox", people could misunderstand that, and if I had written Meta Knight and show Gray Fox, they could get confused as well. It was better simple not to write anything. But maybe I'll put their names now. For some reason, I don't really care anymore.

Yeah, I made them overpowered in purpose becase that's what fits my gameplay style, though I never had any intention of releasing them that way.

I'm glad you liked them. Several of those final smashes granted me some bugs I had never seen before in brawl characters. Metal Gear is by far the most complicated routine I ever made, and I'm sure I lost at least 40 hours to make it work properly.
    And I didn't say they won't be released, I just want to be sure some people want it, because the work I'll have to release them on a fresh pac file will be pretty huge. Thanks for the compliment, it helps getting me motivated.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: October 19, 2013, 05:51:28 PM »

Cool. The video fully buffered for me.

And yeah. You should do something about the electric hitboxes. The bone throw should have a normal hitbox, rather than an electric one.

But everything still looks good.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: October 19, 2013, 08:22:19 PM »

Yeah, the Final Smashes in the 2 videos look like they'd be a very fun spinoff, I'd have fun with them in a seperate Brawl, and I have a large enough SD Card for a few versions of SSBB.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: October 24, 2013, 02:28:24 PM »

Yeah, the Final Smashes in the 2 videos look like they'd be a very fun spinoff, I'd have fun with them in a seperate Brawl, and I have a large enough SD Card for a few versions of SSBB.

I appreciate every support. Thanks.

I removed the electric effect of most attacks already, and I made this also:

It's a bit small because of the file size limit imgur has. It's supposed to happen occasionally when someone jump on Dry Bones. I know the way he stands up again may look a little odd, but that's more or less how it happens in Mario games. I think I may release him this weekend

Renova

Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: October 24, 2013, 03:19:20 PM »

Looking forward to it!!! This'll be a great weekend.

Is there a way I can rel port it so it doesn't have the gfx glitches for host vs clone?

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #38 on: October 24, 2013, 07:36:15 PM »

I appreciate every support. Thanks.

I removed the electric effect of most attacks already, and I made this also:

It's a bit small because of the file size limit imgur has. It's supposed to happen occasionally when someone jump on Dry Bones. I know the way he stands up again may look a little odd, but that's more or less how it happens in Mario games. I think I may release him this weekend

Hahahahaha! Does it fall like this in air, too? It's great! By the way... Do you have other projects like this?

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: October 25, 2013, 02:18:14 PM »

Looking forward to it!!! This'll be a great weekend.

Is there a way I can rel port it so it doesn't have the gfx glitches for host vs clone?

I don't know about that. You'd better ask on the port thread, because anything I say here would be a guess. Have you tried doing it with someone recently? I thought this problem was fixed, at least for Lucario.

Hahahahaha! Does it fall like this in air, too? It's great! By the way... Do you have other projects like this?

I honestly didn't think about making this while he is in air, but that's probably a bad idea. You could be KOd many times by people jumping at you while you were without a platform below you. I would need to make him fall on the ground before he could regenerate. Would look nice, but I'd better leave it like this.
    I have planned projects, indeed. I want to make a psa for the goat creature I used in the endings of my fs videos. I like that model for some reason, but would be almost an original creation by me, so it may not be very popular. But, I don't really care. I do what I like doing.
    If, by "like this", you mean a Mario character, I already thought on making a Koopa Troopa psa, since it's similar to Dry Bones. I like duos, but not "clones". The moveset would be different with some similarities in the animations.

Renova

Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: October 25, 2013, 02:26:03 PM »

Still planning on a weekend release?

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #41 on: October 26, 2013, 07:50:33 AM »

Still planning on a weekend release?
    Yes. Didn't find any more things to do.

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2013, 01:58:46 PM »

I don't know about that. You'd better ask on the port thread, because anything I say here would be a guess. Have you tried doing it with someone recently? I thought this problem was fixed, at least for Lucario.

I honestly didn't think about making this while he is in air, but that's probably a bad idea. You could be KOd many times by people jumping at you while you were without a platform below you. I would need to make him fall on the ground before he could regenerate. Would look nice, but I'd better leave it like this.
    I have planned projects, indeed. I want to make a psa for the goat creature I used in the endings of my fs videos. I like that model for some reason, but would be almost an original creation by me, so it may not be very popular. But, I don't really care. I do what I like doing.
    If, by "like this", you mean a Mario character, I already thought on making a Koopa Troopa psa, since it's similar to Dry Bones. I like duos, but not "clones". The moveset would be different with some similarities in the animations.

When I said "Projects like this", I mean if you had other PSAs projects... And it seems you have some...
    Koopa PSA with both Koopa sounds interesting, though Hammer Bros would be more interesting since they actually "fight".

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Mr.Misfortune
    Extreme Kitten

Misfortune

• Awards Hot Topic

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2013, 09:16:12 AM »

That snippet at the very end of the Dry Bones video. Is that what his final smash is going to look like? Because if it is, that would be the best damn final smash I've ever seen in my life.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #44 on: October 27, 2013, 10:53:25 AM »

That snippet at the very end of the Dry Bones video. Is that what his final smash is going to look like? Because if it is, that would be the best damn final smash I've ever seen in my life.

That's not his final smash, it's just the ending I made for the video. His final smashes are on my final smashes videos, if you want to watch.

I just submitted the PSA to the vault. I made his secondary final smash only happen after 100 damage. Hopefully, there's no problems with it, but if anything happens, please tell me.

Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34772
    « Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:53:38 PM by Mortimer » Logged

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 21
    Print
    Jump to: