Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What do you think about this Koopa psa? Should I release it?
Yeah, sure.   - 18 (81.8%)
I would give a try. - 3 (13.6%)
The psa seems decent, but the character is not that interesting. - 0 (0%)
I like the character, but the psa is not what I expected. - 1 (4.5%)
No, I definitely don't care about this character neither any psa related to it. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21
Author Topic: Mortimer's Thread - Wandering  (Read 142768 times)
Mortimer
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #240 on: May 24, 2015, 11:38:20 AM »

I just tried him out. Not for very long but I have a little feedback.
    His F-smash seems only to be able to hit on the tip of his anchor, making him very vulnerable if he is close to his opponent, and he seems to have a harder time hitting smaller characters.

His N-B is cool, but I would have liked that he didn't flash while doing the attack.

There seems to be something strange happening when he goes from jump to falling animation, kinda jerky?

I have had him T-Pose randomly, but I couldn't make it happen again so I am not sure what made him do that. Haven't had any crashes yet at least Cheesy

That's the kind of weakness I meant in the download. I though that attack was too powerful and needed some drawback. Same with up smash. It's strong, fast and has a long range, but very hard to hit if your opponent is not above you. I can make him hit in the whole anchor extension, but will have to reduce the attack's power.

The N-B flash is remains of something left there from pikachu. I'll have to clean the pac later.

Animations also have problems, like I mentioned. I didn't play with it fully yet.  Cool

Since you were the only person that said something, I'll keep you updated with the psa while I finish it. It's good to have a second opinion because I'm really not used to brawl balancing. And as I didn't start making the alternate attacks yet, if you have any ideas, just tell me.  Smiley  I've got a problem with the fs that's giving me some headaches and delaying my progress.

As for the others, I'm cancelling the release of this psa. Maybe not forever, but who knows. The beta's attention was worse than terrible. When I have my next work, I'll mention it here.

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Donator Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #241 on: May 24, 2015, 08:16:36 PM »

He seems to have quite a lot of weapon models attached and that might be why he lags the game so much if he is playing against himself. The anchor is cool but it does look kinda strange how it randomly pops into existence. Personally, that slaughter hook look too bad-ass not to be used more.

I would suggest maybe even removing the anchor and use only the hook?

You can give him some more range in his grabs to make him grab with either the hook or his freakishly long arm Cheesy

When he double jumps he looks so out of place when he does that flip, maybe have him curl up completely into a ball when he flips, the might suit him a lot more.

He does seem to have a lot of knockback on some moves, like his F-smash, but as you said that was because he had a hard time connecting that. I'd rather have it easier to connect but weaker.

His recovery move is great! Don't change it ^^

If you made his N-special (the long arm) into his F-smash, you could potentially give him a bowser like F-special, a grab move (ganong also has one) , where he throws out his hook, pulls his opponent in and gives him a fierce uppercut with his big arm.

You could also give him air grabs like ganon has, using his hook to hook into opponents and throwing them down if he connects.

(that hook has so much potential!)

Is his f-air a tire iron?  Can't quite make out what it is. My suggestion here would be to make him use his big hand as a hammer instead, or the hook. Because it's awesome X3

His self harming exploding move is interesting! I like it, but I am wondering if that is super armor, or if it is % based armor. Like if an opponent does under 10% damage in one strike he won't flinch, but if he does 12% he will flinch. That way he won't be able to spam. Although spamming that move would be pretty dumb either way since it's self harming Tongue

He should have a 3 hit jab combo I think. Something like him striking with little arm, then a bodyblow with his big arm, and then a downwards hammerblow again with his big arm.

his up special on ground, where he throws those smoky orbs up is so cool, and even though it's quite powerful I don't see a reason to change it since it's so hard to connect with. Attacking this guy from right above isn't a good idea.

His front special, (the jumping move) is very, very OP. It also looks kinda strange that he doesn't extend his legs when he jumps. I would suggest that he has move overal body movement and maybe if he connects in air, grabs his opponent and drives them down to the ground.

Either way, damage and knockback should be maybe halved for this move.

This nightmare-fuel guy looks great and creepy, I wanna see more of him!

You Never Know!

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #242 on: May 25, 2015, 06:18:31 PM »

I said this model was bigger than Baphomet, even without extra characters. The anchor and the hook are the only objects that should be invisible. But when disabled, they don't consume frames. The model itself is pretty heavy, there's not much I can do about that. But the anchor shouldn't be appearing out of nowhere. What did you do to make that happen?

I can't remove the anchor.  Tongue It's part of the character itself and I used it a lot to get rid of it. I bet you don't know how much harder it is to animate a chain than a static object.  Cool

I'll take a look on the jump and f-smash. I'm also not liking very much the way it is now.

I never coded a grab attack before. On this case, it's probably better to not grab, just use the hook to pull the opponent because it will still give a chance of escaping this attack.

Neutral B was suggested by Calypso. It's % based. You can "detonate" it, or if you get it, but the hit is not strong enough, it should detonate on its own, though you will take the damage. If you use it before the time limit ends, you won't get damaged. Just like Ike's special N.

My idea for the grounded up-special was to not let it that spammable. That's why it's pretty weak. It's more like to frustrate your opponent than KO or cause damage.

Side special is too powerful indeed. I'm surprised it worked so well, concerning how it aims at the opponent. Problem is his legs are kinda too slim when compared to his upper body. That doesn't help with seeing the movement.

I'll (almost) finish the soundpack with the final smash. Things will be much better after that. Unless you don't use sounds, I forgot if it was you who told me that once. I'd rathe rhave no sounds than pikachu's voice, at least.
    « Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:20:01 PM by Mortimer » Logged

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #243 on: June 07, 2015, 11:51:14 AM »

Substituting GoI as my next possible release, here is my new project:

Calypso
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #244 on: June 07, 2015, 07:57:36 PM »

Mortimer could you repair the link for the Guardian guy? I wasn't able to download him.

Also who is Gol I've never heard of him before?

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #245 on: June 08, 2015, 12:04:36 PM »

I abbreviated guardian of insanity as GoI.
    I removed the link because the beta lost its purpose since I cancelled the releasement. But you gave me ideas, so I'll send you a more update version than that beta as soon as I finish the throws.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #246 on: June 26, 2015, 03:33:01 PM »

@zutox, calypso (if you both are still out there)

Sent an update version now. I finished the throw, the final smash and a good chunk of the soundpack. I had a bug with the fs that's hopefully fixed, but tell me if it freezes. No taunts yet.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #247 on: July 23, 2015, 02:48:06 PM »

So, here is a more revealing screenshot of the new project mentioned ages ago. Things have been going sluggishly, as always, but this model is already in game and working. If everything goes alright, this is supposed to have various different models, including some other outfits used by him in different gameses.

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #248 on: July 23, 2015, 03:29:11 PM »

Oooh, that looks fun. Sort of random but I suppose you like doing unusual characters. I'll certainly give it a go.

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Donator Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #249 on: July 23, 2015, 05:52:40 PM »

What game/games or series or whatnot is he from? I'm curious Smiley
    Also, always stalking and following here for updates XD

You Never Know!

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #250 on: July 23, 2015, 06:43:43 PM »

Interesting, I didn't think that guy would be that unknown. He is Chris Redfield (yeah, not really that random, I guess) from Resident Evil.

Here is an image of what he looks like in that game:

@zutox
    Though this is a new project, I didn't forget the monster.

@pseudotypical
    I remember your name from smashboards. I'll take this chance to say I didn't forget I said I could convert koopa to project M. I didn't appear there anymore firstly because I was busy with other things, but mainly I don't have knowledge about project M enough to do that. If I am to do that, I'll possibly require help of someone there who plays it so this person can help me. I don't even know what changes will occur automatically due to codes or whatever else they have changed there. I just know they don't like hitlag and slow falling characters. Tongue
    Just saying this because I don't want to look like those people that make a thread with 2 or 3 posts and just disappear forever. I hate when people that.

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #251 on: July 23, 2015, 07:06:11 PM »

@pseudotypical
    I remember your name from smashboards. I'll take this chance to say I didn't forget I said I could convert koopa to project M. I didn't appear there anymore firstly because I was busy with other things, but mainly I don't have knowledge about project M enough to do that. If I am to do that, I'll possibly require help of someone there who plays it so this person can help me. I don't even know what changes will occur automatically due to codes or whatever else they have changed there. I just know they don't like hitlag and slow falling characters. Tongue
    Just saying this because I don't want to look like those people that make a thread with 2 or 3 posts and just disappear forever. I hate when people that.
    I'd volunteer to do that if need be. I'm not too technical but I have an okay understanding of what is changed. Don't worry about it, by the way. If I can help out and make it easier to transition PSAs between vBrawl and PM, then that sounds great to me.

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #252 on: July 23, 2015, 07:39:03 PM »

Whoa, Chris Redfield. Very ambitious project there. I'm not a fan of Resident Evil but I'm sure this'll come out good considering how creative your past work has been.

I'm keeping an eye on you and your work, Mortimer. Cheers.

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Calypso
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #253 on: July 23, 2015, 08:29:23 PM »

Eeeek falls out of chair. I LOVE resident evil I know your doing the Guardian Of Insanity guy, but I never would have thought you might do a main character from the series.

You should play the game if you haven't already cause every attack he does in it fits into brawl perfectly.

I can make CSP's, names and stuff for you.

Also who will he be over.

BTW his model is fantastic looking.
    « Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:46:46 AM by Calypso » Logged

King Draco
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #254 on: July 24, 2015, 06:32:39 AM »

MvC3 inspired moveset?

Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21
    Print
    Jump to: