Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What would you like me to release next?
Melee Mute City - 73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley - 31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky - 17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle - 14 (8%)
Fire Temple - 13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut - 3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern - 3 (1.7%)
Venom - 4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man - 17 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages:  1 ... 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 ... 492
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)  (Read 1613043 times)
ForOhFor Error
Holy Kitten

DOG is your destiny

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3285 on: February 28, 2011, 04:22:42 AM »

Well, as far as I can tell it's not scenedata (characters aren't affected).
    One of the models is probably corrupted.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3286 on: February 28, 2011, 04:59:12 AM »

That's not exactly this way. Characters will always play fine. The problem with scenedata, if the problem was that, is that a scenedata has lights for certain models, and a stage may have models that are not prepared for that light set. Any scenedata is prepared for characters, so characters are always ok.

Anyway, it could be something with the model. But not corruption. If it's ported, you're not granted it's working the way you want it to work in brawl. Some models work great. Others, are just bad. The base model for FoD is bad, it's always the same no matter the lights I use. Also, when there are too many models in the same modeldata, it turns unshaded. Fortunately, it looks just fine in the stage. Your models may be similar and need some fix.

I'll test all of this later today

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3287 on: February 28, 2011, 06:19:14 AM »

Welcome back, Mewtwo2000

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

AlexFlame
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3288 on: February 28, 2011, 08:23:11 AM »

Are you playing the PAL version?

No its USA (NTSC).

did you copy the module files as well?

Yes I did. Its in the correct file.
    did you copy the module files as well?

Not just that...

1: you have to name the stage you're replacing the current stage with the SAME name that the proper stage names list gives u for that particular stage(the one you're replacing)
    2: You have to rename the rel too, I suggest you use the stage switcher tool from wackalpackas video.

Tutorial on rel editing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq0rGN7m_Ms
    Link to download the stage switcher tool: http://www.mediafire.com/?zygvyygmwwy
    They should all be properly named without you having to do it yourself. We are talking about mewtwos custom stage expansion right?

Yeah Its Stage Pack 2. (The one with HeartGold Final Destination and SoulSilver Destination.) The stages and .rel files are named STGCUSTOM01, STGCUSTOM0D and so on.

Sorry to bother everyone but I just downloaded the Stage Pack 2 but none of them are working. They show up in the stage selection screen but when I try to select them, they do not work. It freezes the Wii. Is there anyway to fix this?

By the way I just copied the stages. I didn't rename them or anything.

Thanks.

Are you using riivolution or gecko?
    If its riivolution, then you need to edit your .xml. Send it to me via PM and ill do it for you. If its gecko, i dont know what to say.

Well uh...Its actually USB Loader. I have the disc but I just installed the game to the hard drive and use the cheats without the disc. Gecko never worked for me. But I have Riivolution. Should I still send it to you?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #3289 on: February 28, 2011, 08:37:17 AM »

I am an USB user too. If you've always been loading files flawlessly, this should be working.

Also, the codes work, you're having the icons in the correct place.

So, if no stage of them is working, first question would be: Is every other stage working? Are replacements for normal stages working?

If they are, then something's wrong with the modules. The folder is called module, and it's in pf. Not modules, not in the stage folder.

Only that thing can be wrong, the modules. It freezes because it doesn't load them. The stages are there, and they do work.

If normal replacements don't work, or freeze, then the problem is somewhere else.

I can't think of anything else, only the rel files and the stages (obviously) are needed to make those stages work.

Stage shadows tutorial

AlexFlame
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3290 on: February 28, 2011, 08:46:01 AM »

I am an USB user too. If you've always been loading files flawlessly, this should be working.
    Oh! That's cool, I didn't know that.

So, if no stage of them is working, first question would be: Is every other stage working? Are replacements for normal stages working?
    Replacements for normal stages? Do you mean like if I click on the Mario Bros. Stage I get the Konoha Stage instead? Like that? If so then yes. Every other stage works.
    Also, the codes work, you're having the icons in the correct place.

If normal replacements don't work, or freeze, then the problem is somewhere else.

I can't think of anything else, only the rel files and the stages (obviously) are needed to make those stages work.
    Icons are there. Normal Replacements work.
    If they are, then something's wrong with the modules. The folder is called module, and it's in pf. Not modules, not in the stage folder.
    Whoops! I meant the pf folder. Sorry!

Only that thing can be wrong, the modules. It freezes because it doesn't load them. The stages are there, and they do work.
    Yeah the stages are there.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #3291 on: February 28, 2011, 09:23:59 AM »

So, your rel files are in pf/module?

If they're there, then I don't understand why they don't work... >_<

Stage shadows tutorial

AlexFlame
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3292 on: February 28, 2011, 09:34:30 AM »

So, your rel files are in pf/module?

If they're there, then I don't understand why they don't work... >_<

I'm just as confused. Sorry about this. I'm really new to all of this. All I know is that when I press on the stage, it says loading (or something like that...) and then it goes on silent freeze (Not the long beeeep noise).

Question:
    If there are two of the same stages at once (Ex. Alive Rayquaza's Lake, Temple of Time, Ganon's Tower), would that cause the rest of the Stage Pack to freeze?

Also, my GCT file exceeds 256 lines. Would that cause the stages to freeze as well?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #3293 on: February 28, 2011, 10:24:28 AM »

1- Having multiple instances of a stage in the slots is irrelevant, you could have 20 ganon towers if you wanted to.
    2- If the code is working (icons are showing), I'm supposing that your USB loader works with long ocarina codes (big gct files), so it shouldn't be that either. Anyway, make sure you're using a loader that is compatible with these kind of gct files. Mine is USB Loader CFG, and I need a small txt file in the root of the SD card to make long codes work, just like in GeckoOs.

If nothing of this is still working, I'll need to see your files, either via screenshot or via packaging all your pf folder in a rar/zip file.

Stage shadows tutorial

AlexFlame
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3294 on: February 28, 2011, 10:30:17 AM »

1- Having multiple instances of a stage in the slots is irrelevant, you could have 20 ganon towers if you wanted to.
    2- If the code is working (icons are showing), I'm supposing that your USB loader works with long ocarina codes (big gct files), so it shouldn't be that either. Anyway, make sure you're using a loader that is compatible with these kind of gct files. Mine is USB Loader CFG, and I need a small txt file in the root of the SD card to make long codes work, just like in GeckoOs.
    Hmm...guess the code works. I really have no idea what kind of USB Loader I have and I can't check right now since I'm not at home. I'll check for it later.

If nothing of this is still working, I'll need to see your files, either via screenshot or via packaging all your pf folder in a rar/zip file.
    All right then. Do you just need to see a screenshot of the pf folder? Are there any other folders you need to see? I don't know how to send you a rar/zip file.

One more thing...whats a common5 file? I have a common3 file and I'm wondering if that causes any problems. The common3 file came with Brawl+.

Thanks again for all of this!

EDIT: Here is a screenshot:
    « Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:47:42 AM by AlexFlame » Logged

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3295 on: February 28, 2011, 01:42:09 PM »

The base model for FoD is bad, it's always the same no matter the lights I use.
    I can fix this on any model. It's a matter of changing the shader (it's a piece in the .MDL0 that defines how the model is effected by light). I've edited them before. It's easy if you know what you're doing. If you'd like, I can make it react to light like a normal Brawl model for you.
    « Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:49:28 PM by Oshtoby » Logged

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #3296 on: February 28, 2011, 01:52:19 PM »

Well, I don't really dislike the way it is right now, so if it's too much work for you, it's not necessary. Thanks for the offer, and for the info anyway Wink

Stage shadows tutorial

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3297 on: February 28, 2011, 01:55:52 PM »

Well, I don't really dislike the way it is right now, so if it's too much work for you, it's not necessary. Thanks for the offer, and for the info anyway Wink
    Nah, I'll do it for you. I want this to be as PERFECT as possible. PM your most recent version over to me, and I'll send it back tonight.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #3298 on: February 28, 2011, 02:04:09 PM »

The model is unchanged, just get the one in the vault then Tongue

Stage shadows tutorial

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3299 on: February 28, 2011, 04:35:31 PM »

welcome back mewtwo! (even tho im like probably a day late saying it since its tuesday there for u now i think o.o')

anyways, if u wouldnt mind, i could rescale FoD and FD Melee to brawl size and put them in the vault with credit towards u ^^U

also... how's M64 stage coming along? (and mine also xP )

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Pages:  1 ... 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 ... 492
    Print
    Jump to: