Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What would you like me to release next?
Melee Mute City - 73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley - 31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky - 17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle - 14 (8%)
Fire Temple - 13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut - 3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern - 3 (1.7%)
Venom - 4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man - 17 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages:  1 ... 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 ... 492
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)  (Read 1587960 times)
Mewtwo2000
The Stage Master
Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5340 on: October 12, 2011, 04:30:39 PM »

The beta stages in SSB64 will come, don't worry.

The program to manage the stage expansion code will be made shortly too.

Dark Link's isn't supposed to work over Skyworld, or at least it wasn't made thinking to make it work there. It should, anyway, unless some code affects skyworld and makes it not to work. I'll look into it when I get the chance.

About the 3D how to play, sure, expect it for tomorrow or friday.

Secret aquarium is just one of the 15 secret stars in Mario 64, in a hole in the ship stage room. Will be made after 2-3 stages, if everything's okay.

Those 2-3 stages would be the banjo ones... Not sure, even I am not sure about the order I'm making my stages...

For example, I've not finished yet Ganon's Castle, but I'm starting other things. It has only one vote, but I was feeling like trying it. This is just the beginning of a stage revamp:

What is interesting about the poll is that nobody really wants Ganon's Castle. Unless it includes a brand new version with a custom platform. That would be more like the idea of 'based of' stages, and not recreated ones. I have already 2 'based of' stages in mind now.
    « Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 04:36:17 PM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #5341 on: October 12, 2011, 04:31:11 PM »

Venom!
    AWESOME 2.0!

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Allav866
    Supreme Kitten

Would U like to play with Mii?

• Awards Favorite'd Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5342 on: October 12, 2011, 04:49:30 PM »

Great! Guess I'll lock the request thread I made earlier for the Beta Stages.

My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
    Bear Claws
    These claws are like a bear's, with
    melee attacks among the most
    devastating of any weapon. Their
    ranged shots are strong but have a
    short reach. If you can get up close,
    your foes won't know what hit them.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
    Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
    NNID: Allav866

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5343 on: October 12, 2011, 06:42:48 PM »

Venom!

Thank, you make my day.

ChaosEpsilon613
    Extreme Kitten

It's not my fault!

• Awards Concerned Elector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5344 on: October 12, 2011, 08:35:30 PM »

I don't wanna sound demanding but I'd like to see my Minor request be done, of coarse you don't have to do it. It is a request after all but, No matter what you make it will be amazing!!

Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0648 3646 9521

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5345 on: October 12, 2011, 09:06:26 PM »

VENOMVENOMVENOMVENOMVENOMVENOMVENOMVENOMVENOMVENO MVENOM

I'm super excited. So much so that I am posting just to tell you. So, thanks.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #5346 on: October 13, 2011, 11:39:05 AM »

Daymn, Mewtwo2k makes more smexy stages.  I never liked Venom personally.  I thought it was a really poorly structured stage that just got in the way.  You couldn't even have a decent item Melee on that stage because the fighting areas were too small.  Heck I didn't even really like the music.  I much, MUCH preferred Corneria.  Still, not as bad as some places like Icicle Mountain.

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

« Reply #5347 on: October 13, 2011, 12:18:51 PM »

Dark Link's isn't supposed to work over Skyworld, or at least it wasn't made thinking to make it work there. It should, anyway, unless some code affects skyworld and makes it not to work. I'll look into it when I get the chance.

Secret aquarium is just one of the 15 secret stars in Mario 64, in a hole in the ship stage room. Will be made after 2-3 stages, if everything's okay.

Those 2-3 stages would be the banjo ones... Not sure, even I am not sure about the order I'm making my stages...

For example, I've not finished yet Ganon's Castle, but I'm starting other things. It has only one vote, but I was feeling like trying it. This is just the beginning of a stage revamp:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2666/al1110130019binout.jpg

What is interesting about the poll is that nobody really wants Ganon's Castle. Unless it includes a brand new version with a custom platform. That would be more like the idea of 'based of' stages, and not recreated ones. I have already 2 'based of' stages in mind now.

I was wondering when you were going to revamp Venom. It's lookin good with what you have so far, can't wait to see it complete.

Also, nice to hear you have some more "based of" stages planned. I personally like those more than straight up recreation stages. Even the existing Brawl stages aren't direct recreations of their source material, but more like inspired by.

Out of curiousity, what are these "based of" stages that you have planned? Or is it too early to ask?

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #5348 on: October 13, 2011, 12:21:11 PM »

Well, for me I love replicas, but I also like recreations. Now that the importer is competition, let's [censored]ing fight it by doing recreations, not replicas.

About Venom, looking good there. It's gonna take you a while to do though, hmm. What SilentDoom said is what I would say really, so no point in me saying it.

Also, did you see my question on the last page?

Do you plan on doing a version of the How To Play stage, but with a 3D background? I was thinking Green Green's of course. I believe you did a mix of Dream Land 64, with that background.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #5349 on: October 13, 2011, 01:38:18 PM »

Daymn, Mewtwo2k makes more smexy stages.  I never liked Venom personally.  I thought it was a really poorly structured stage that just got in the way.  You couldn't even have a decent item Melee on that stage because the fighting areas were too small.  Heck I didn't even really like the music.  I much, MUCH preferred Corneria.  Still, not as bad as some places like Icicle Mountain.

Not my favorite either, but still, I made the brawl venom, and I want to make the improved version before anybody else tries to do it by himself.

I was wondering when you were going to revamp Venom. It's lookin good with what you have so far, can't wait to see it complete.

Also, nice to hear you have some more "based of" stages planned. I personally like those more than straight up recreation stages. Even the existing Brawl stages aren't direct recreations of their source material, but more like inspired by.

Out of curiousity, what are these "based of" stages that you have planned? Or is it too early to ask?

A little early, but the 2 I have in mind come from Mario 64 and Goldeneye 64. Both look awesome in my mind xD

Anyway, I'm still making recreations for the moment, the way I make them are just like a personal challenge. I like to build things and see them exactly as I remember them. Still, the idea of the recreations thing (looking similar but just based of) is getting stronger, I guess stages like these can be really interesting.

Also, did you see my question on the last page?

Stage shadows tutorial

(gabriel/joao)wojwicz
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5350 on: October 13, 2011, 02:27:09 PM »

I want some Banjo stages and the completion of FoD as well. Banjo was one of my childhood games.
    BTW, why everybody fail at spelling sexy?
    ~ joaowojcikiewicz

Check out my threads!
    ~Music Hacks~
    ~Texture Hacks~

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5351 on: October 13, 2011, 04:10:46 PM »

I agree. Never very fond of the stage; kind of awkward to play on. Corneria I really enjoy though; great playstyle.

That would be more like the idea of 'based of' stages, and not recreated ones. I have already 2 'based of' stages in mind now.

Like a boss.  Cool

Now I play the waiting game.

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #5352 on: October 13, 2011, 04:38:12 PM »

I've updated one of my programs. A really underused one in my opinion. Maybe this changes things.

This is the MShadow tool. Old picture and new picture:

Ok, I'll explain you what this program does again, and what this program can do now it's updated. If you're not a stager, don't read more.

Now, if you're a stager, you probably have used my shadow system, those models called MShadow that make shadows appear in grounds and walls. Well, you have always needed to place them manually, by calculating the rotation, the position and the size. To automate this, you can use forohforerror's tool, which he made a few days ago. His tool generates those models already placed where the collisions in a file are. If you want it, just go for it.

My tool isn't automatic. You write 2 coordinates, and the shadow model is placed between those 2 points. Well, this is what it did until today. Now, you can write those 2 coordinates, and 2 more coordinates in the middle. In other words, instead of writing a segment, you can write 3.

Imagine these are those 4 points:

ab ----- cd

1 and 2 are points 1 and 2 in the program. If you change those, 3 and 4 will have the same values. But, if you select points 3 and 4, you can write their own values too, resulting in this:

a --- b --- c --- d

This way, you can place 3 consecutive shadows with only 1 MShadow model. Easy, and quick.

Also, another feature. You can see that small button (checkbox) on the bottom left part. That button only will be there if you place the program where brawlbox is. If you activate the button when you're in that folder (and brawlbox isn't working at that moment!!), the next time you open brawlbox, you will be able to see every mshadow model in your stage, you won't need to enable the texture anymore. Not sure if anybody was annoyed with this, but the tool modifies brawllib.dll so tshadow1 isn't hidden anymore.

Here's the link if you're interested

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=22703
    « Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 04:50:24 PM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

Stage shadows tutorial

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5353 on: October 13, 2011, 08:02:31 PM »

im so using this now... even tho i did love ur first MShadow Tool... now its even more epic!

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #5354 on: October 13, 2011, 10:55:36 PM »

Damn how I wish I would have read this guide, before adding shadows on my latest stage the other day, by doing it the old fashioned way.

Thank you so much for this, and all your other genius programs. You are the Stage Master not only cause you're the best at what we do, you have taught us a lot, if not everything that we know. At least in my case that's for sure.

Also, this made me lol:

If you're not a stager, don't read more.

Pages:  1 ... 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 ... 492
    Print
    Jump to: