Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Animating in Maya with Control Rigs, Baking, and Exporting into Brawlbox  (Read 37514 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #75 on: May 13, 2014, 04:40:28 PM »

Besides using the Clean Function in BB, how can I lower the file size of an Animation?

I know there's deleting things from the Graph Editor in Maya, but are there any other methods of reducing the file size of an Animation?

Simple question: Do we actually need Brawlbox v.68 and v.69, or will the latest version suffice for what is needed in this tutorial?
    You can use the recent version.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #76 on: May 13, 2014, 06:05:26 PM »

Besides using the Clean Function in BB, how can I lower the file size of an Animation?

I know there's deleting things from the Graph Editor in Maya, but are there any other methods of reducing the file size of an Animation?

I'm also curious about this. EY mentioned in his tut that there was a way to reduce filesize/something even with bones that had movement, but he didn't include it because it wasn't necessarily relevant.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #77 on: May 22, 2014, 06:50:09 PM »

Is there any way to have multiple animations in one scene? I'm looking at animation layers, but I can't tell if that's what I need.

I'm looking for a set up similar to how the typical MotionEtc is set up, where you can select different animations for playback and editing in one scene? Is that possible, or am I asking for too much?

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #78 on: May 22, 2014, 07:09:26 PM »

Maybe this will help?

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/167985-MAYA-2013-Animation-Question-Multiple-poses-animations-in-single-fbx-export

Not really sure, though. Haven't tried it myself.

In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2014, 07:13:20 PM »

Yeah, I found something similar, the Trax editor, specifically. Though I haven't figured out yet if it exports just clips of the animation or the actual .anim, and how.

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #80 on: May 22, 2014, 09:24:18 PM »

Does BB support importing multiple animations from a single .anim file?  If not then, someone's gotta write one. 

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #81 on: June 20, 2014, 04:50:45 PM »

I do not think it does. It's 1 animation in there or errors IIRC.

Gee, I wonder if we can use this for wings and tails....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghuD5Po6BS4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghuD5Po6BS4</a>

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #82 on: June 20, 2014, 05:29:17 PM »

I don't see why not.  There's nothing special about the HumanIK that makes it work.  As long as you don't change the base bones, I don't see why anykind of rig wouldn't work.  In the end, the base bones need to be animated. How you do that doesn't matter (IK rigs, scripts, w/e).
    « Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 05:31:26 PM by TheShyGuy » Logged

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #83 on: June 20, 2014, 08:34:50 PM »

Well I got this working with Charizard's tail, but sadly not the wings. When I try to do anything involving IK with the wings, they become..... dislocated and trying to go to the bind pose doesn't do any good when it comes to animating time.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #84 on: June 27, 2014, 02:45:59 AM »

okay, I finally got my time to get Maya. but I encounter some problems

I tried the human IK with jigglypuff, but I get sometimes "Yellow" colored bones and the "ready for IK" is yellow, saying the hip bone is not facing the right way. putting it on control rig on source will make it disappear!

also, when I get a common problem with a custom model. the model will be thrice as big as the skeleton! but it still rigged to it! when I move the arms, it will move the thrice big model there the skeleton is on! making it a bizarr model animations!

Stupid Tinypic :C

King Draco
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #85 on: January 27, 2015, 11:32:41 AM »

Both FBX Converter and Maya only like paths with simple ASCII letters, so if a folder has any "é" or any other "strange" letter, both programs will give you problems. You won't be able to import/export/load/etc anything in Maya and FBX won't convert any file.

While for FBX the solution is pretty simple (just move the file you wanted to convert to something like "C:\fileforfbx"), for Maya is a bit more complex.

Maya will create a "maya" folder in your Documents folder that will be used for the program to save config and more. If your user folder has one or more "strange" letters, like I previously said, you won't be able to import, export, etc anything. The thing is, you can't change the name of said folder. Even if you change your user account name, that folder will keep the same name.

In order to solve this you need to change the folder used by Maya:
    - First create the folder that will be used by Maya. For example, "C:\maya", and copy the path (remember not to use "strange" letters).
    - Right click on "My Computer" and click on properties. That would bring up the System Properties window.
    - Then go to Advanced Config and click on Environment Variables.
    - Create a new user variable and use as name "MAYA_APP_DIR" and paste the path of your folder in "value".

Now open Maya and try to import the file you were trying to import previously. Voilà!

Since this is a minor thing I don't think it deserves to get a thread, but it was big enough to drive me crazy for some hours, so I felt like sharing this. It could be added to the OP.

EnKaYea
    Advanced Kitten

I love my men, like I love my games. Old and daft.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #86 on: September 14, 2015, 10:51:24 AM »

Hi. I'm having issues exporting the animation into to brawlbox, I've baked it and used graph editor and now when trying to export it as an .anim file Maya tells me it is unable to export it as an .anim file and saves it a blank file. Trying it again it tells me that there is nothing selected. Is there something that I am missing, looking through your tutorial it says nothing about selecting a part of the animation then exporting so is there a reason I am having this problem.

Forget the reason that we hack,
    oddly enough I don't even know why I started

R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞
    Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

• Awards Fiery Topic Famous Hacker King for a Day Hey! Listen!

« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2015, 04:13:31 PM »

So, i tried using this method. Got through most of it and finished the animation, so, i decided to export it and...turns out animExport or anything like that is not an option. Doesn't matters if i try to save or export. It just doesn't appears. What the hell? Im using 2013 32-bit/86x version. I installed nothing else.
    « Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 04:19:26 PM by R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #88 on: September 21, 2015, 05:02:19 PM »

It says in the OP to use at least Maya 2014.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞
    Supreme Kitten

Urgh...

• Awards Fiery Topic Famous Hacker King for a Day Hey! Listen!

« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2015, 08:23:47 PM »

It says in the OP to use at least Maya 2014.
    Well, then im screwed. Surprised that you can't export animations in program like this until 2014 though.

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7
    Print
    Jump to: