The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on January 02, 2014, 11:40:47 PM
alright sure. Im setting up another character, so when I am done I will

Thanks. ;D

Is it ok if I post my gct here? So PW can help me find out what I'm doing wrong?

I think it would be a good idea if someone just set up all the slots completely. Input any characters over the slots, get the cosmetics working and then we can at least have a working copy to use. Everyone is confused so I feel that that's the best way to help people


Will this corrupt your save file?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

January 03, 2014, 12:08:54 AM #154 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:13:19 AM by SonicBrawler
Quote from: HaloFanODST on January 03, 2014, 12:04:51 AM
Will this corrupt your save file?

No it shouldnt since it saves the character data to the originals

Post Merge: January 03, 2014, 12:13:19 AM

also here is the vid. only has one character because i recorded it before the second was added

Brawl Ex?

Ignore the face that my controller disconnects part way through. and that I havent fixed the gfx glitch.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

January 03, 2014, 12:15:09 AM #155 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:17:41 AM by sammi-husky
No, as far as anybody knows so far, this shouldnt do anything to your save file.

it is a completely different clone engine.

Quote from: Jade_Rock on January 03, 2014, 12:00:48 AM
Hey thanks for the vid!

jade, you said that you had marth working when you did a clean install correct? if so, that would indicate that the 3 randoms that were left would have been the 3 pokemon and would have had invalid ID's.

so, if the marth clone indeed did work, that would indicate that the BrawlEx engine is at least running. just that something wasn't configured right. and i can look into that. i may have done goofed uploaded something wrong on accident :p

i'll check right now...

EDIT: no, i unzipped everything that i uploaded and did a clean install as well, and it works fine..Your not editing anything in any way before you try to play right?

PW! Your secret project is out! And my post congratulating you is all the way on page 11 or something!

Thanks for the thanks! The work I and others put into making OpenSA made Project M what it is, and it helps us all make progress instead of having 5 people doing independant research on the same thing!

It kinda sucks to see how many people are having trouble with this. Maybe someone could write a "BrawlEx Integrity Checker" app that you run that checks your SD/Folder to see if you have everything in the right place with the right content

Quote from: Dantarion on January 03, 2014, 12:20:57 AM
PW! Your secret project is out! And my post congratulating you is all the way on page 11 or something!

Thanks for the thanks! The work I and others put into making OpenSA made Project M what it is, and it helps us all make progress instead of having 5 people doing independant research on the same thing!

It kinda sucks to see how many people are having trouble with this. Maybe someone could write a "BrawlEx Integrity Checker" app that you run that checks your SD/Folder to see if you have everything in the right place with the right content


Agreed.

I just want to know if it works with Riivo, it I use a USB as my main patcher, but still store my BrawlEx config files in the SD

i Might make a video for everyone, explaining how to set it all up and use it.

It's just probably gonna be outdated in a few days is all lol.

January 03, 2014, 12:28:18 AM #159 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:39:47 AM by Jade_Rock
Quote from: PhantomWings on January 02, 2014, 05:39:08 AM
If you have an issue that you think may be caused by BrawlEx, please post the codes and configuration files that you are using so that I may identify the source of the issue and/or determine if the issue is with the setup being used.

I was trying to add a Mario clone and just got a random slot in the mario space and 2 random slots that froze the game.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Here's what I did

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



So I have come to the conclusion it took five years to make and it takes five years to understand.

Post Merge: January 03, 2014, 12:38:35 AM

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 03, 2014, 12:15:09 AM
No, as far as anybody knows so far, this shouldnt do anything to your save file.

it is a completely different clone engine.

jade, you said that you had marth working when you did a clean install correct? if so, that would indicate that the 3 randoms that were left would have been the 3 pokemon and would have had invalid ID's.

so, if the marth clone indeed did work, that would indicate that the BrawlEx engine is at least running. just that something wasn't configured right. and i can look into that. i may have done goofed uploaded something wrong on accident :p

i'll check right now...

EDIT: no, i unzipped everything that i uploaded and did a clean install as well, and it works fine..Your not editing anything in any way before you try to play right?

No I didn't edit anything I can redownload though...also would loading through the homebrew channel be different then loading through stacksmash?Marth did not work...

January 03, 2014, 12:42:10 AM #160 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:45:09 AM by sammi-husky
Quote from: Jade_Rock on January 03, 2014, 12:28:18 AM
1.I made the CSS icon slot go from 24 to 25 and then I changed the 00 of mario's id to 40,then added the 3F at the bottom.

Jade, you didn't have to change mario's ID to 40. 40 is an EX slot, meaning it doesn't exist naturally in game. you only needed to add 3F before the 29.

you also need more then just his PSA. you need his costume file(FitMarioEx00.pac) and his motion file  (FitMarioExMotionEtc.pac).

and yes, loading it through homebrew is the method that i used when i made the download. so it might have something to do with that

i can add 1 character. thats it. if i try to add 2, it doesnt read it. its been an hour and a half trying to get the 2nd slot to work. took 5 mins to make the first slot. anyone know why?
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on January 03, 2014, 12:45:03 AM
i can add 1 character. thats it. if i try to add 2, it doesnt read it. its been an hour and a half trying to get the 2nd slot to work. took 5 mins to make the first slot. anyone know why?

does the second slot show up at all?

January 03, 2014, 12:50:00 AM #163 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:54:06 AM by PhantomWings
Quote from: Dantarion on January 03, 2014, 12:20:57 AM
PW! Your secret project is out! And my post congratulating you is all the way on page 11 or something!

Thanks for the thanks! The work I and others put into making OpenSA made Project M what it is, and it helps us all make progress instead of having 5 people doing independant research on the same thing!

It kinda sucks to see how many people are having trouble with this. Maybe someone could write a "BrawlEx Integrity Checker" app that you run that checks your SD/Folder to see if you have everything in the right place with the right content


Good to see you Dant. Things have been pretty busy on this thread as you can see. I'm not too worried about the issues people are having with BrawlEx. Releases like these always have bugs that need to be resolved.

Speaking of bugs, I've released v1.1.0.0 for BrawlEx to fix the article issue. Take warning that the v1.0 ExModules will crash with the new BrawlEx version. Instead, use the v1.1 ExModules included.

I've also updated the Config Utility to v1.2 which adds a toggle whether to use the Final Smash resource file. The previous version would just disable the FS resource. Both MarthEx and IkeEx included in v1.0.0.0 were likely crashing when using their Final Smashes due to not loading their FS resources.


Also, thanks a lot to those that have been helping troubleshoot issues for others while I've been working on the updates.

I also tested your Brawl Minus package on USBLoaderGX, Sammi, and the 2 extra slots were there and functional, so I can confirm that it works on USBLoaderGX.


Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 02, 2014, 05:55:50 PM
Oh dear. Looks like I have to try to make a EXModule for Toon Link tonight. Meta Knight and Ganon too.

Still going at a snail's pace so I can ensure I did everything else right.

Of those 3, I think Meta Knight will be the easiest to make. Because he doesn't have any articles, I think you should be able to use nearly the exact same section[8] in Marth's ExModule. Just replace the internal addresses with the ones listed for Metaknight on the OpenSA website. Just remember that the OpenSA documentation lists the instructions as file offsets - you'll need to convert them to section offsets to put into the relocations. You'll also need to offset them by 0x2 as you'll be writing only to the lower half of the instruction.

Toon Link will probably be the hardest. When I was working with Link, there was a bit of crossover between him and TL which makes both of them difficult to port flawlessly.

In any case, let me know if you need any help with them.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 02, 2014, 11:44:54 PM
Thanks. ;D

Is it ok if I post my gct here? So PW can help me find out what I'm doing wrong?

Go right ahead. That's part of why this thread's here.

January 03, 2014, 12:51:50 AM #164 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:53:29 AM by Jade_Rock
Quote from: sammi-husky on January 03, 2014, 12:42:10 AM
Jade, you didn't have to change mario's ID to 40. 40 is an EX slot, meaning it doesn't exist naturally in game. you only needed to add 3F before the 29.

you also need more then just his PSA. you need his costume file(FitMarioEx00.pac) and his motion file  (FitMarioExMotionEtc.pac).

and yes, loading it through homebrew is the method that i used when i made the download. so it might have something to do with that

I downloaded Mario's other files from the vault and renamed them.

Is that my only problem?
What's this?
To make a "Clone Slot" for the Custom CSS Code, add on 0x40 to the value. For example, to add a second Marth Slot, add 0x40 to 0x11 and get 0x51. This will create a second Marth slot that loads Marth as well.
What does this mean?http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/CSS_Slots.