Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827149 times)
Tabuu Forte Akugun
Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #150 on: January 02, 2014, 04:44:54 PM »

alright sure. Im setting up another character, so when I am done I will

Thanks. Grin

Is it ok if I post my gct here? So PW can help me find out what I'm doing wrong?

ShadowWolf
    Holy Kitten

Love Designing

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #151 on: January 02, 2014, 05:00:41 PM »

I think it would be a good idea if someone just set up all the slots completely. Input any characters over the slots, get the cosmetics working and then we can at least have a working copy to use. Everyone is confused so I feel that that's the best way to help people

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #152 on: January 02, 2014, 05:00:48 PM »

Hey thanks for the vid!

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #153 on: January 02, 2014, 05:04:51 PM »

Will this corrupt your save file?

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2014, 05:08:54 PM »

Will this corrupt your save file?

No it shouldnt since it saves the character data to the originals

Post Merge: January 02, 2014, 05:13:19 PM
    also here is the vid. only has one character because i recorded it before the second was added

Brawl Ex?

Ignore the face that my controller disconnects part way through. and that I havent fixed the gfx glitch.
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:13:19 PM by SonicBrawler » Logged

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #155 on: January 02, 2014, 05:15:09 PM »

No, as far as anybody knows so far, this shouldnt do anything to your save file.

it is a completely different clone engine.

Hey thanks for the vid!

jade, you said that you had marth working when you did a clean install correct? if so, that would indicate that the 3 randoms that were left would have been the 3 pokemon and would have had invalid ID's.

so, if the marth clone indeed did work, that would indicate that the BrawlEx engine is at least running. just that something wasn't configured right. and i can look into that. i may have done goofed uploaded something wrong on accident :p

i'll check right now...

EDIT: no, i unzipped everything that i uploaded and did a clean install as well, and it works fine..Your not editing anything in any way before you try to play right?
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:17:41 PM by sammi-husky » Logged

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Former PMDT Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #156 on: January 02, 2014, 05:20:57 PM »

PW! Your secret project is out! And my post congratulating you is all the way on page 11 or something!

Thanks for the thanks! The work I and others put into making OpenSA made Project M what it is, and it helps us all make progress instead of having 5 people doing independant research on the same thing!

It kinda sucks to see how many people are having trouble with this. Maybe someone could write a "BrawlEx Integrity Checker" app that you run that checks your SD/Folder to see if you have everything in the right place with the right content

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #157 on: January 02, 2014, 05:23:55 PM »

PW! Your secret project is out! And my post congratulating you is all the way on page 11 or something!

Thanks for the thanks! The work I and others put into making OpenSA made Project M what it is, and it helps us all make progress instead of having 5 people doing independant research on the same thing!

It kinda sucks to see how many people are having trouble with this. Maybe someone could write a "BrawlEx Integrity Checker" app that you run that checks your SD/Folder to see if you have everything in the right place with the right content

Agreed.

I just want to know if it works with Riivo, it I use a USB as my main patcher, but still store my BrawlEx config files in the SD

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #158 on: January 02, 2014, 05:25:21 PM »

i Might make a video for everyone, explaining how to set it all up and use it.

It's just probably gonna be outdated in a few days is all lol.

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #159 on: January 02, 2014, 05:28:18 PM »

If you have an issue that you think may be caused by BrawlEx, please post the codes and configuration files that you are using so that I may identify the source of the issue and/or determine if the issue is with the setup being used.

I was trying to add a Mario clone and just got a random slot in the mario space and 2 random slots that froze the game.
    Here's the CSS code

Code:
    0668310C 00000030
    387E006C 3B600000
    3C808068 38840DE0
    7CBB20AE 7CA50775
    41800014 94A30004
    3B7B0001 2C1B0032
    4180FFE8 48000038
    04690338 48000068
    066900D8 00000008
    2C170028 41820168
    02680DE0 0022FFFF
    06680DE0 00000025
    40010203 06070811
    12091A0E 1716131B
    21260D05 14101F25
    200B270C 15242218
    0A23193F 29000000

Here's what I did

1.I made the CSS icon slot go from 24 to 25 and then I changed the 00 of mario's id to 40,then added the 3F at the bottom.
    2.Then I opened the FighterConfig00.dat and renamed it MarioEx calling it Fighter3F.dat
    3.I put cosmetic00,CSSslot00 and slot00.dat files and named them with a 3F instead of 00.
    4.I edited the module for mario in Exmodules by changing the first 00000000 to 0000003F.
    5.I found a mario psa and put the files in private/wii/app/rsbe/fighter/MarioEx

So I have come to the conclusion it took five years to make and it takes five years to understand.

Post Merge: January 02, 2014, 05:38:35 PM
    No, as far as anybody knows so far, this shouldnt do anything to your save file.

it is a completely different clone engine.

jade, you said that you had marth working when you did a clean install correct? if so, that would indicate that the 3 randoms that were left would have been the 3 pokemon and would have had invalid ID's.

so, if the marth clone indeed did work, that would indicate that the BrawlEx engine is at least running. just that something wasn't configured right. and i can look into that. i may have done goofed uploaded something wrong on accident :p

i'll check right now...

EDIT: no, i unzipped everything that i uploaded and did a clean install as well, and it works fine..Your not editing anything in any way before you try to play right?

No I didn't edit anything I can redownload though...also would loading through the homebrew channel be different then loading through stacksmash?Marth did not work...
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:39:47 PM by Jade_Rock » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #160 on: January 02, 2014, 05:42:10 PM »

1.I made the CSS icon slot go from 24 to 25 and then I changed the 00 of mario's id to 40,then added the 3F at the bottom.

Jade, you didn't have to change mario's ID to 40. 40 is an EX slot, meaning it doesn't exist naturally in game. you only needed to add 3F before the 29.

you also need more then just his PSA. you need his costume file(FitMarioEx00.pac) and his motion file  (FitMarioExMotionEtc.pac).

and yes, loading it through homebrew is the method that i used when i made the download. so it might have something to do with that
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:45:09 PM by sammi-husky » Logged

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2014, 05:45:03 PM »

i can add 1 character. thats it. if i try to add 2, it doesnt read it. its been an hour and a half trying to get the 2nd slot to work. took 5 mins to make the first slot. anyone know why?

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #162 on: January 02, 2014, 05:45:40 PM »

i can add 1 character. thats it. if i try to add 2, it doesnt read it. its been an hour and a half trying to get the 2nd slot to work. took 5 mins to make the first slot. anyone know why?

does the second slot show up at all?

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #163 on: January 02, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »

Good to see you Dant. Things have been pretty busy on this thread as you can see. I'm not too worried about the issues people are having with BrawlEx. Releases like these always have bugs that need to be resolved.

Speaking of bugs, I've released v1.1.0.0 for BrawlEx to fix the article issue. Take warning that the v1.0 ExModules will crash with the new BrawlEx version. Instead, use the v1.1 ExModules included.

I've also updated the Config Utility to v1.2 which adds a toggle whether to use the Final Smash resource file. The previous version would just disable the FS resource. Both MarthEx and IkeEx included in v1.0.0.0 were likely crashing when using their Final Smashes due to not loading their FS resources.

Also, thanks a lot to those that have been helping troubleshoot issues for others while I've been working on the updates.

I also tested your Brawl Minus package on USBLoaderGX, Sammi, and the 2 extra slots were there and functional, so I can confirm that it works on USBLoaderGX.

Oh dear. Looks like I have to try to make a EXModule for Toon Link tonight. Meta Knight and Ganon too.

Still going at a snail's pace so I can ensure I did everything else right.

Of those 3, I think Meta Knight will be the easiest to make. Because he doesn't have any articles, I think you should be able to use nearly the exact same section[8] in Marth's ExModule. Just replace the internal addresses with the ones listed for Metaknight on the OpenSA website. Just remember that the OpenSA documentation lists the instructions as file offsets - you'll need to convert them to section offsets to put into the relocations. You'll also need to offset them by 0x2 as you'll be writing only to the lower half of the instruction.

Toon Link will probably be the hardest. When I was working with Link, there was a bit of crossover between him and TL which makes both of them difficult to port flawlessly.

In any case, let me know if you need any help with them.

Thanks. Grin

Is it ok if I post my gct here? So PW can help me find out what I'm doing wrong?

Go right ahead. That's part of why this thread's here.
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:54:06 PM by PhantomWings » Logged

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #164 on: January 02, 2014, 05:51:50 PM »

Jade, you didn't have to change mario's ID to 40. 40 is an EX slot, meaning it doesn't exist naturally in game. you only needed to add 3F before the 29.

you also need more then just his PSA. you need his costume file(FitMarioEx00.pac) and his motion file  (FitMarioExMotionEtc.pac).

and yes, loading it through homebrew is the method that i used when i made the download. so it might have something to do with that

I downloaded Mario's other files from the vault and renamed them.

Is that my only problem?
    What's this?
    To make a "Clone Slot" for the Custom CSS Code, add on 0x40 to the value. For example, to add a second Marth Slot, add 0x40 to 0x11 and get 0x51. This will create a second Marth slot that loads Marth as well.
    What does this mean?http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/CSS_Slots.
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:53:29 PM by Jade_Rock » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: