Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2826913 times)
Sammi Husky
Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #930 on: January 11, 2014, 12:07:22 PM »

something I dont understand is how to setup it with the wii. do I need anything else than the
    CSS code? like the common2 file or any other codes?

i have a video guide in the OP that explains how to set everything up in detail. but you need the filepatch code that came with download. (in the readme) and you need to take the two folders from core files and put them on your sdcard in pf.

Do I have to do something different with the hexing because I tried using the modified files provided in the link of the video but all it did was give me a different CSS and  the extra character slot didn't change at all. Could it be because I cloned marth while you cloned mario?

that video assumes that you had watched the previous video on CSS icon's and CSP's. the process is the same, but the files in the download are not ALL you need for the setup to work. just the files you need to ADD to an already working BrawlEx setup. Tongue i would need a little more info to help with the problem.

Okay, new problem - or maybe old problem and I just don't know how to fix it, haha: with my sc_selcharacter module, I followed the CSS/CSP tutorial and inserted a total of 7 CSP and CSS slots and stuff. The first two load fine and accurately show the CSP and name (Scott Pilgrim and Lucina, for reference), but the other five (Waluigi, Shadow, Deadpool, Rosalina, and Nephenee - in that order) seem to all have decided to defer to the latest-included of the five - in this case, Nephenee - and all five slots show Nephenee's CSP and name, though they correctly show the character outfits upon hovering over and/or selecting said characters.

The only thing I can think of is that the Cosmetic Config files' Hex numbers for their MiscData numbers (112-116) turn out to be between 70-74; that's the only thing I can think of that may be posing a problem, though I am unsure why. It did this to me already, showing the then-three as Deadpool, and now that I added Rosalina and Nephenee, it is continuing the problem, so it may be something on my end, but I have gone through and double-checked and nothing seems to be in the wrong place or mislabled to where it would cause something like this.

Perhaps I was all over the place in trying to explain, haha, but if this is a known problem that was already solved, my apologies, as I didn't want to go back through all 62 pages of the topic to find it if so.

if you had modified the pack that ASF  put up, then you shouldn't changed the number in anmtexpat. if you watch the tutorial, i changed it to 1 number higher then the last frame index we added. in ASF's he already has slot's 110-117 set up. so if you changed the frame index to 1101 then all characters afterwards would use 1101.

Does this work with USB Loader GX because I am currently playing the NTSC version through it as I live in the PAL region

yep works with usbloader GX to my knowledge. PW said he had it working on it at least.

Well, because I had a feeling that nobody would have tried it, I went and did it myself with a copy of the sc_selcharacter I'm currently using. Each portrait encoded to CMPR and each of the MiscData files set to ExtendedLZ77 compression. Took my filesize down 0.30 MB. I'm going to put in on my SD and test in a moment whether it works or not.

EDIT: And it works! The quality of the CSP's are obviously a little degraded quality-wise, but that's a small price to pay for more CSP's to better represent the clone characters.

EDIT 2: And it seems, too, I was very off - it actually took it down 1.30 MB. That's an entire MB worth of space that's been gained.

i was gonna say, i had done this on my setup, it saves ALOT of space.

Well that worked, quite well the only thing that didn't work was the stock icons but that's not important much. A curious thing I ran into though, is the random mark turned into the new mark 21 I added. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if that's something else but otherwise it's fully functional.  I had an issue with freezing at first, but then I realized I had not renamed the textures inside InfFace and MenSelchrFaceB were not numbered properly.

Many, many thanks for your help Sammi-husky as well as everyone else in this forum you folks are great.

I have one last question though I know it's not currently possible to add new voices but lets say I wanted to give a cloned character an existing voice (for example a Marth clone Pit's voice) and would this also work for bosses? I'd really love to give that Raptor over wolf PSA  Ridley's voice.

glad the tuts helped. Tongue as for changing the voices, you can change the soundbank in the fighter config. as for finding the soundbank...that's something you'll have to research because i couldn't find a list :/

WintersAssassin
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #931 on: January 11, 2014, 02:26:24 PM »

glad the tuts helped. Tongue as for changing the voices, you can change the soundbank in the fighter config. as for finding the soundbank...that's something you'll have to research because i couldn't find a list :/

Me either I guess I can look into the respective fighter configs to find the values but I guess I'm out of luck for boss voices at the moment.

saef1234
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #932 on: January 11, 2014, 06:09:53 PM »

that video assumes that you had watched the previous video on CSS icon's and CSP's. the process is the same, but the files in the download are not ALL you need for the setup to work. just the files you need to ADD to an already working BrawlEx setup. Tongue i would need a little more info to help with the problem.

I did everything instructed in the video but when I went to view the end product there was no change so I decided to replace my files with the modified ones provided but it still did not work

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #933 on: January 11, 2014, 06:15:13 PM »

Problem!! I had sucessfully cloned three characters: Rosalina over Peach, Daisy over Peach, and at first I had Lyndis over Marth but later changed it to Lucina over Marth. I replaced the Lyn .pac and .pcs files with the ones from Lucina. I selected Lucina and selected final detination and it froze. Sad Any Idea what I did wrong

saef1234
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #934 on: January 11, 2014, 06:18:57 PM »

Something else I noticed was that the csp only shows up when brawlex is not read properly and there are two random slots which both have the modified csp instead of one random and the other the extra character

WintersAssassin
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #935 on: January 11, 2014, 07:09:48 PM »

Fun thing I may have discovered when playing around with marks, I wanted to use Snake's Foxhound mark for a Gray Fox over Metaknight clone, but I didn't want to make a whole new one, so I copied the value from snakes cosmetic config and exported Mark 17 (Brawls Metal gear Mark) and imported it, no renaming, into the STGResult.pac file and it worked! It didn't before I imported it so that's an easy fix rather than making a lot of copied marks.

The Professor
    Extreme Kitten

Nantsutte tsuchatta

• Awards Hot Topic Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #936 on: January 11, 2014, 07:23:21 PM »

no i didn't do that do you know how to do that because i dont know
    You need to change it in the .rel editor.

Professor is best Nichijou character.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #937 on: January 11, 2014, 07:54:54 PM »

I did everything instructed in the video but when I went to view the end product there was no change so I decided to replace my files with the modified ones provided but it still did not work

did you try axnextframe? brawlEx seems to like it better. Tongue

SharpHackz200
    Hyper Kitten

Mario, You're My Knight In Thy Shining Armor

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #938 on: January 11, 2014, 07:56:53 PM »

Ok I think I did everything right, but when the stage is loading and says ready to fight it just stays there for a long time Im srs here  It didn't made that sound though when the game is freezing from a hack error Sad
    Does anybody know why this happens??? Undecided
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:10:24 PM by SharpHackz200 » Logged

The Professor
    Extreme Kitten

Nantsutte tsuchatta

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #939 on: January 11, 2014, 08:02:28 PM »

GNGFAFKLDJASLBNADGKLFJ! Ugh... sorry about that, I can't figure out how to make a path for the Clone engine folders in the .xml file! Help, please?

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #940 on: January 11, 2014, 08:08:41 PM »

GNGFAFKLDJASLBNADGKLFJ! Ugh... sorry about that, I can't figure out how to make a path for the Clone engine folders in the .xml file! Help, please?
    No es compatible con riivo

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #941 on: January 11, 2014, 08:11:21 PM »

Ok I think I did everything right, but when the stage is loading and says ready to fight it just stays there for a long time Im srs here  It didn't made that sound though when the game is freezing from a hack error Sad
    Silent=File not found. You need all of them.

The Professor
    Extreme Kitten

Nantsutte tsuchatta

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #942 on: January 11, 2014, 08:13:26 PM »

Not compatible with Riivo
    I know, I'm trying to make it compatible somehow. I was thinking XML... and apparently you aren't supposed to use the File Patch Code with Riivo, so I'm not sure. Maybe I have to find a way for the File Patch Code to work with riivo before anything else? I'd be fine if I could figure out how to get Smashbros_sound.brsar to work with Gecko. If someone can tell me that, all of the Riivo users can go back to gecko, because that means gecko can do everything that Riivo can do for brawl.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #943 on: January 11, 2014, 08:15:18 PM »

I know, I'm trying to make it compatible somehow. I was thinking XML... and apparently you aren't supposed to use the File Patch Code with Riivo, so I'm not sure. Maybe I have to find a way for the File Patch Code to work with riivo before anything else? I'd be fine if I could figure out how to get Smashbros_sound.brsar to work with Gecko. If someone can tell me that, all of the Riivo users can go back to gecko, because that means gecko can do everything that Riivo can do for brawl.

does this not work for you?
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=61460.0

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #944 on: January 11, 2014, 08:16:29 PM »

Except THPs.

And SFX in Gecko=Replacement Soundbank Engine

[[censored] ninja'd]

Pages:  1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: