Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2847498 times)
Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1755 on: January 27, 2014, 08:05:52 PM »

This project is simply amazing! I cannot wait for the Ganon's Rel so I can clone him.
    I really want to have both Broly (Dragon Ball Z) and Raikage's (Naruto Shippuden) PSA in the game.
    Just imagine the two of them fighting against each other! @.@

I know what you mean. There's so many character I plan to ad that I'm on the edge of my seat for the next expansion. Smiley But for now, having 50 is pretty amazing Smiley

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

BronzeGreekGod
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ninja Hey! Listen! Dedicated Hacker Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1756 on: January 27, 2014, 09:00:44 PM »

Why, yes it can. I've got two Marth clones in right now, but hypothetically i could have
    As many as i want. (Though right now only a possible of 50 characters are selectable on the css right now. But that'll change.)

Post Merge: January 27, 2014, 10:53:18 AM
    But be warned, certain effects can clash or be shared between charaxters, meaning that all your marth clones might have the same sqord trail, or migjt only load one of them for one movest but not the other. Sonic ia a big problem with that.

Post Merge: January 27, 2014, 11:01:08 AM
    Excuse my typing, i'm on a cell phone and i can't touchscreen text worth anything.

Hmm ok.. is this even if you give them different gfx in their files?
    and are there ways around this issue?
    And does lucario have that issue too?

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1757 on: January 27, 2014, 09:05:10 PM »

Well i haven't messed with that yet so perhaps there's a fix. As for lucario, i'd assume, but there's a mewtwo psa in this thread that's basically the project m mewtwo and it doesn't mess with lucario's gfx. So i've noticed.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1758 on: January 27, 2014, 09:12:44 PM »

Well i haven't messed with that yet so perhaps there's a fix. As for lucario, i'd assume, but there's a mewtwo psa in this thread that's basically the project m mewtwo and it doesn't mess with lucario's gfx. So i've noticed.

No, it does. Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere will be whichever of the two was loaded first. I believe that you can give them different gfx by assigning them an assist trophy's ef file, modify those gfx and then use PSA to assign them to the new character. I haven't bothered with it, but I've seen someone mention that it could be done this way.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1759 on: January 27, 2014, 09:27:45 PM »

ASF was supposed to be doing a tut on how to fix the graphical glitches. So there is a way around it. We just gotta wait Tongue contrary to how awesome brawl ex and all of this may seem, its still in development. Just imagine what's possible after everything's been finished.

Have you all seen dantarion's pics he posted a while ago? He basically made a paired version of Martha that behaved in the way ice climbers did it seems. While dantarions methods were completely different, it still shows just what COULD be possible with further experimentation into the game.

And with transforming characters being worked on, we are approaching a point where brawl modding is an open canvas with very few limitations. I hope someone reexamines articles, and gets it down to a science. Because THAT would be one of the last big milestones we have left Cheesy

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1760 on: January 27, 2014, 09:30:05 PM »

ASF was supposed to be doing a tut on how to fix the graphical glitches. So there is a way around it. We just gotta wait Tongue contrary to how awesome brawl ex and all of this may seem, its still in development. Just imagine what's possible after everything's been finished.

Have you all seen dantarion's pics he posted a while ago? He basically made a paired version of Martha that behaved in the way ice climbers did it seems. While dantarions methods were completely different, it still shows just what COULD be possible with further experimentation into the game.

And with transforming characters being worked on, we are approaching a point where brawl modding is an open canvas with very few limitations. I hope someone reexamines articles, and gets it down to a science. Because THAT would be one of the last big milestones we have left Cheesy

I saw those pics. Didn't he also achieve the effect with Link and someone else? It was pretty awesome, really.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1761 on: January 27, 2014, 11:04:11 PM »

Okay, so I probably should have explained how to change it in the first place. The last 2 lines of CSSSlot code are what determines which costumes appear and in what order on the CSS. Each costume is two bits (four numbers, two per bit), so in the code I gave you it works out like this:

Color 1 - 0500
    Color 2 - 0001
    Color 3 - 0202
    Color 4 - 0303
    Color 5 - 0804
    Color 6 - 0105
    End Code - 0C00

With the rest being zeroes. Now, I'm still unclear on what the first bit is (Either ASF or Don Jon Bravo said it's the color I think? Not sure) which is why I didn't try to explain it before, but it's the second bit that's important. The number there is the FitChar##.pac that the portrait is associated with. So, the 0500 bit (which is attached to the first portrait, IE the default) will load costume 00. The next bits (0001) will load FitChar01, and so on.

If you wanted to take away costume 6, you would remove the bits that say 0105 and uncheck the 6th costume in the Fighter Config. If you wanted to, say, add a seventh costume, then you could add another set of bits after costume 6 (before 0C). The first two numbers won't really affect anything, but the second set would be 06. In the 10 costume versions where I copied and modified Wario's, it's 0206.

You could just start with the 10 costume version and remove whichever costumes you don't want, if you wanted to.

Costume 1
    Costume 2
    Costume 3
    Costume 4
    Costume 5
    Costume 6
    Costume 7
    Costume 8
    Costume 9
    Costume 10
    Terminate Code/Filler

05000001 02020303 08040105 02060007
    01080309 0C000000 00000000 00000000

The portraits will scroll through in whatever order they appear in sc_selcharacter, so the first portrait will be attached to the first costume in the code, etc.

That's pretty much it. I hope that all makes sense.
    Code:
    This works perfectly. Copying this to every character.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

• Awards Famous Hacker Favorite'd

« Reply #1762 on: January 27, 2014, 11:12:04 PM »

Sucks, I haven't modded SSBB on my Wii in about 3 years so I tried to copy everything I had on my generic SD card for Dolphin onto my actual Wii SD card, went to Gecko, tried to load the files and it said "Too Many Codes" Is there a way around this? Or have people been successful in getting this to work on the Wii? Do I need to learn how to use Riivolution? I have Riivolution but don't really know how to use it, I just use Gecko usually o.o

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1763 on: January 27, 2014, 11:13:22 PM »

Code:
    This works perfectly. Copying this to every character.

Actually, if you want to save yourself some time, I've already got stock versions of every character (sans Wario & Game & Watch) that I created with those codes and uploaded earlier. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hds6bct3eht2w78/s7uZ4t6orM

Sucks, I haven't modded SSBB on my Wii in about 3 years so I tried to copy everything I had on my generic SD card for Dolphin onto my actual Wii SD card, went to Gecko, tried to load the files and it said "Too Many Codes" Is there a way around this? Or have people been successful in getting this to work on the Wii? Do I need to learn how to use Riivolution? I have Riivolution but don't really know how to use it, I just use Gecko usually o.o

Just put gameconfig.txt in the root of your SD Card. If you don't have it, here's mine. https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9o1wk3im7p38pa/gameconfig.txt
    « Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:17:03 PM by ShinF » Logged

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

« Reply #1764 on: January 27, 2014, 11:40:50 PM »

Actually, if you want to save yourself some time, I've already got stock versions of every character (sans Wario & Game & Watch) that I created with those codes and uploaded earlier. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hds6bct3eht2w78/s7uZ4t6orM

Just put gameconfig.txt in the root of your SD Card. If you don't have it, here's mine. https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9o1wk3im7p38pa/gameconfig.txt
    (Slaps forehead) that was one of the 2 files I saw in my generic SD that I didn't copy over for some reason, thanks lol. But I copied it over and now I have another issue. It goes to a black/blank screen and freezes after I hit A to start the game after the strap menu (right after the "Now Loading" screen and right before the opening intro.) O.o
    « Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:43:22 PM by MrUnusual » Logged

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1765 on: January 27, 2014, 11:47:31 PM »

(Slaps forehead) that was one of the 2 files I saw in my generic SD that I didn't copy over for some reason, thanks lol. But I copied it over and now I have another issue. It goes to a black/blank screen and freezes after I hit A to start the game after the strap menu (right after the "Now Loading" screen and right before the opening intro.) O.o

Freezes at the strap loader / now loading screen are pretty common on the wii. Usually, if you just keep trying it will eventually work, but I actually stopped getting them at all after I added an unmodded common5 to my system folder. Try that, see if it helps.

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

« Reply #1766 on: January 28, 2014, 12:13:43 AM »

Freezes at the strap loader / now loading screen are pretty common on the wii. Usually, if you just keep trying it will eventually work, but I actually stopped getting them at all after I added an unmodded common5 to my system folder. Try that, see if it helps.
    Works great now thanks, the only issue I have now is that since I replaced the common5.pac, my Melee/64 Expansion Stage Select portrait icons are all Hannabow now o.o

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1767 on: January 28, 2014, 12:21:05 AM »

Works great now thanks, the only issue I have now is that since I replaced the common5.pac, my Melee/64 Expansion Stage Select portrait icons are all Hannabow now o.o
    Just use sc_selcharacter.pac and sc_selmap.pac and put them in pf/menu2, they'll overwrite your common5 for the CSS and SSS screens. You can just export them from your modded common5.

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

« Reply #1768 on: January 28, 2014, 12:40:59 AM »

Just use sc_selcharacter.pac and sc_selmap.pac and put them in pf/menu2, they'll overwrite your common5 for the CSS and SSS screens. You can just export them from your modded common5.
    Cool! Everything works gr8 now, thanks! Cheesy I wish I had a Wii U, gonna get one soon, but I would love to see this in HD on this 60 inch I have. Only thing is, since I never had a Wii U, I'm not sure exactly how to mod it yet o.o I guess that day will come eventually where I gotta teach myself again lol

Post Merge: January 28, 2014, 01:36:06 AM
    Funny thing, i Didnt use or create Any codes for that!
    All that's I have done was editing the modules them self to enable transforming!
    The Marth-Jigglypuff transformation files are in brawl vault if you want to take a closer look at the modules!
    Thanks Smiley I took a look at the modules in Module Editor and did see that a section 9 and Section A was added, both having a huge set of codes, I thought you said you didn't use any codes Wink lol I'm trying to figure out what is what here
    « Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 01:36:06 AM by MrUnusual » Logged

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1769 on: January 28, 2014, 07:06:40 AM »

Cool! Everything works gr8 now, thanks! Cheesy I wish I had a Wii U, gonna get one soon, but I would love to see this in HD on this 60 inch I have. Only thing is, since I never had a Wii U, I'm not sure exactly how to mod it yet o.o I guess that day will come eventually where I gotta teach myself again lol

Post Merge: January 28, 2014, 01:36:06 AM
    Thanks Smiley I took a look at the modules in Module Editor and did see that a section 9 and Section A was added, both having a huge set of codes, I thought you said you didn't use any codes Wink lol I'm trying to figure out what is what here
    i ment not codes like a new hack code like unlimited pause camera or FPC or stuff like that. Modules was changed and added with the information that it needs to enable transforming!

Stupid Tinypic :C

Pages:  1 ... 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: