The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

February 10, 2014, 02:52:37 AM #2295 Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:54:38 AM by Jasgx
So for the tool I'm assuming that I must manually put in the codes and also manually put in the fighter files right? The brawl ex folder files are the files I don't need to do right?

Post Merge: February 10, 2014, 02:54:38 AM

Ok so it just puts the stuff in the right directories and that's it, the rest is done manually thx

it puts it in the directories, renames, and can add and remove clones without needing to sort yea.

I finally found where to find the IDs for sound effects to replace announcer calls! If you open up your .brsar in BrawlBox, find the sound effect, then scroll down to the bottom of its properties, look under the Misc properties, there's an entry that says InfoIndex. Converting that number into hex gives you the ID that goes into the cosmetic file.

I figured it out by converting Fighting Alloy Team's announcer call in the cosmetic file (202A) into base 10, which gave me a value of 8234. Sure enough, they matched, and I tried it with ASF1nk's replaced sounds as well as a couple of default characters.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Thank you! That helped a lot! =)

Nebulon, what are those codes For Extra Levels?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Hey I thought of something that could be done for the Mario and Dr. Mario Problem. all we have to do is use that cosmetic change code that you use the shoulder triggers for, to switch between the two, and possibly add in the Pill SFX into an unused sound slot for Mario, then have the PSA for Dr. Mario use that sound effect for the pills. Couldn't that work out for Mario to use a Dr. Mario costume aswell?

February 10, 2014, 04:58:02 AM #2301 Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 05:00:02 AM by ShinF
Quote from: Brstmguy on February 10, 2014, 04:54:59 AM
Hey I thought of something that could be done for the Mario and Dr. Mario Problem. all we have to do is use that cosmetic change code that you use the shoulder triggers for, to switch between the two, and possibly add in the Pill SFX into an unused sound slot for Mario, then have the PSA for Dr. Mario use that sound effect for the pills. Couldn't that work out for Mario to use a Dr. Mario costume aswell?
I don't know about you guys, but all I had to do to get a Dr. Mario costume was stick Project M's Mario PSA on my card along with 8.sawnd for the pill sound effect. His cape sticks to his hand when he uses it for his Doc costumes, but he otherwise works properly, with the pills and everything, for slots 07 and higher.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on February 10, 2014, 04:58:02 AM
I don't know about you guys, but all I had to do to get a Dr. Mario costume was stick Project M's Mario PSA on my card along with 8.sawnd for the pill sound effect. His cape sticks to his hand when he uses it for his Doc costumes, but he otherwise works properly, with the pills and everything, for slots 07 and higher.
But It's an issue, cause it's Project M balanced not Brawl balanced. as in like the original Mario

Sammi, when I try to open your program it says:

BrawlEx Clone Tool.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Quote from: ToadKart on February 10, 2014, 05:25:15 AM
Sammi, when I try to open your program it says:

BrawlEx Clone Tool.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

that...sounds like a problem..try redownloading it. are you using the most recent .net framework?

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on February 10, 2014, 05:55:08 AM
that...sounds like a problem..try redownloading it. are you using the most recent .net framework?

I can't on this old piece of crap, lol. I'll have to try it on my desktop, but my SD card slot doesn't work on there.   *facepalm*

awww..thats probably it lol. i compiled it for 4.5 but is backwards compatable with 4.0

February 10, 2014, 06:14:34 AM #2307 Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 06:16:14 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
at sammy:
request for ur program,
could it rename existing psas to their new psa name
for example in my fighter folder,
can it rename fitmario00 fit mariomotion etc
to
fitdrmario00, fitdrmariomotion etc

all files to their new respective name

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on February 10, 2014, 06:14:34 AM
at sammy:
request for ur program,
could it rename existing psas to their new psa name
for example in my fighter folder,
can it rename fitmario00 fit mariomotion etc
to
fitdrmario00, fitdrmariomotion etc

oohhh good idea. but that would require people to type in what the name of the PSA is. but that's okay because i can make it modify the fighter config, and cosmetic config at the same time that they set the name. though they would need to place the PSA stuff somewhere where the program can find it. or browse to where it's being kept. it also means im going to have to include an folder containing the brawl fighter files to be able to copy into the new folder

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on February 10, 2014, 06:18:18 AM
oohhh good idea. but that would require people to type in what the name of the PSA is. but that's okay because i can make it modify the fighter config, and cosmetic config at the same time that they set the name. though they would need to place the PSA stuff somewhere where the program can find it. or browse to where it's being kept. it also means im going to have to include an folder containing the brawl fighter files to be able to copy into the new folder
coolwould be a nice feature
as it sometimes is a [censored] to go through every name and rename manually