Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2848190 times)
Sammi Husky
Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5190 on: April 21, 2014, 11:42:50 PM »

I would like to point out that in my tutorial i only instructed things that i had done personally, since there was NOT an established method for adding custom cosmetics to clones. In fact, i do believe the only person to add cosmetics before me was ASF. (I may be forgetting someone, don't shoot me) so when making the tutorial i played it on the safe side and adding things in the exact way that brawl had them.

The game may not need stock icons, however the game does in fact NEED BP's or the game will crash (on a wii). Same as if there were no CSP for cBliss costumes. The game tries to load something that is not there. Info.pac may not be necessary for BP's though, as info/portrite *i believe* are also BP's so if you add them there, it will be fine.

in other news, starting tomorrow i will have much more freetime and can start working on stuff again. Im going to be recording 2 video tutorials as well. one for clone SFX and the other for GFX fixes. it also looks like i will be doing Ness' module first, as i need him for personal reasons. I may also revise my custom cosmetics to be a short, sweet, tl;dr version. Smiley
    « Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 12:25:01 AM by Sammi Husky » Logged

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5191 on: April 22, 2014, 06:02:29 AM »

I would like to point out that in my tutorial i only instructed things that i had done personally, since there was NOT an established method for adding custom cosmetics to clones. In fact, i do believe the only person to add cosmetics before me was ASF. (I may be forgetting someone, don't shoot me) so when making the tutorial i played it on the safe side and adding things in the exact way that brawl had them.

The game may not need stock icons, however the game does in fact NEED BP's or the game will crash (on a wii). Same as if there were no CSP for cBliss costumes. The game tries to load something that is not there. Info.pac may not be necessary for BP's though, as info/portrite *i believe* are also BP's so if you add them there, it will be fine.

in other news, starting tomorrow i will have much more freetime and can start working on stuff again. Im going to be recording 2 video tutorials as well. one for clone SFX and the other for GFX fixes. it also looks like i will be doing Ness' module first, as i need him for personal reasons. I may also revise my custom cosmetics to be a short, sweet, tl;dr version. Smiley
    Thank you for your continued support in this thread, Sammi! I have learned a lot just from watching your videos. I'd love to see those two! Although, I do know how to give clones sfx, heu heu heu... :]

Anyways, I've trying to find out to how to give characters second team colors, but I just don't know where exactly it is. I thought I almost got it, by looking into Wario's files. How did PM do it? Does anyone know if at all possible you can give a character a 2nd set of Team colors? EX: Brawl Fox, red/blue/green > Melee Fox, red/blue/green > back to Brawl Fox
    « Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 06:25:15 AM by Power Marshall » Logged

Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
    Updated 1/18

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5192 on: April 22, 2014, 08:15:08 AM »

Now the problem seems to be that I get a silent freeze (or a beep freeze, I can't tell because my TV doesn't want to play audio anymore) when I pick a stage.
    « Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 08:22:47 AM by Tidus » Logged

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5193 on: April 22, 2014, 08:37:15 AM »

Related to clone engine:

So in theory I shoukd be able to build a slot over the Alloys. I currently have 8 of 11 slots added in my actual pack. I'm waiting for some movesets to test them. Even cosmetics work.

Related to my pack users:

My pack BrWl for All V2 will be uploaded later today. It has 9 new movesets, and for some of you 8. It also uses Eternal's new GrayFox. I need to balance 2 attacks and one character a bit.  After that it'll be put up in my aig, not on the vault.

@Sammi I'm excited that you're making Rels again Smiley But 8'm curious, most people believe a transforming character isn't possible to make an rel for. Is this true? Or is that just an urban legend?

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Mariohuge
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5194 on: April 22, 2014, 10:20:36 AM »

I think the only reason the game needs stock icons is for singleplayer modes, like subspace or classic. Otherwise there doesn't seem to be much of a use for them.
    Still, it's good to add them to keep from crashes.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5195 on: April 22, 2014, 10:26:45 AM »

I look forward to shortened tutorials. Though I'm still looking forward to your program as well, Sammi. Speaking of which, is there anything new since the last preview?

I hope I'm not asking too often. :x

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Zarks
    Expert Kitten

Triforce

• Awards >9000 Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Tutorial Writer

« Reply #5196 on: April 22, 2014, 10:50:57 AM »

Hey sammi i follow you tuts and all work's perfect for my first clone (Except for the stock icons ) but i have some questions before i continue

1.-How can i add zero suit, sheik and pokes to the CSS (I have to edit the code of Spunit262's or what)

2.- Can i add custom anuncer call like ASF1nks pack?

3.-When i open up your tool work fine but when i select the folder "the program stopped working" it's your tool or i need .dll ??? i have windows 8

4.-If i add 7 slots to every character (Like Cbliss and 12 to wario) including the clone ones
    the game will frezze or something?

5.-If i add a expansion code for the stages it would work?

6.-Are there some codes that i CAN'T use so the game don't frezzes ?

I think thats all for now, Sorry if I troublesome and Thanks if you respond me

Kurth
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5197 on: April 22, 2014, 12:06:08 PM »

1. You could edit the CSS code, but why not use the BrawlEx CSS expansion (download in the first post)? Then you can just use the config utility to add them.

2. Yep, but you have to replace sounds that the menu loads anyway (the sounds for spectating an online match are the ones most commonly replaced) and they have to be smaller than the original sounds they replace.

3. I believe you have to use the XP version when running it on Windows 8?

4. You should be able to give each character at least 10 costumes without causing any problems

5. Yep, PW's stage expansion code works with BrawlEx, just not Dant's ASL.

6. Codes that modify fighters (Character "X" has no result data, the old codes for Giga Bowser and independent Pokemon, etc.) will conflict with BrawlEx. You can however, usually do the same things with the BrawlEx config files.
    « Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 12:09:00 PM by Job » Logged

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5198 on: April 22, 2014, 01:36:07 PM »

I haven't added a single stock icon and my game works fine. All my clone characters just show up as "?" marks for stock icons.

Are you going to post the method of how you configured everything to use the boss slots/ unused slots when you update your pack? I'm sure a lot of us would find that really useful.

Yes. I will attempt to explain it here. If it doesn't suffice then I'll make a tutorial with pictures, like last time.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #5199 on: April 22, 2014, 01:42:55 PM »

Ok, I know this has been asked a million times before, and I should probably follow this thread more attentively, but I just need a definitive yes-or-no answer: Has someone gotten BrawlEx to work with Project M? And if so, is there a tutorial on how to get it working lying around somewhere?

If not, I'll just look into getting it to work with vanilla Brawl myself and go from there, but I'd really like to have both PM and Brawl Ex.

dont kill me plz

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5200 on: April 22, 2014, 01:49:14 PM »

There's that Project EX thread in General Discussion that you could peek into.

In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #5201 on: April 22, 2014, 02:00:23 PM »

Oh geez, didn't even see that thread... guess I'll start there. Thanks.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5202 on: April 22, 2014, 02:51:29 PM »

This thread is a nightmare for new people to navigate, so it would probably be better to make a tutorial.

Then give me two days.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5203 on: April 22, 2014, 03:08:57 PM »

Not yet, but my new theory is that so long as no IDs are shared it should work... So we'll see. If I use him as a slot then I'll need to give the Pokes a down B. I will start the testing soon, but it will be much more extensive when one of the three movests/modules I'm waiting for is released.

NinjaDude6040
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5204 on: April 22, 2014, 04:32:44 PM »

Nebulon, or anyone else know how to add stages. On Nebulon's pack, there's like 70+ stages, but I never saw that anywhere else and figured it had to do with cloning so I came here.

Pages:  1 ... 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: