Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2846835 times)
Lillith
Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5310 on: April 26, 2014, 11:25:44 PM »

Hey, I know it's probably been asked but how do I put characters in past the 58 slot? Every time I do it turns into a freezing mario slot. However, if I put in a character on 58 and then 59, slot 59 works. I searched the forums, couldn't find an answer and the thread is over 300 pages long, so if someone could just let me know how to use slots 59-63 that would be great. Sorry for the bother.
    58 doesn't work, 59-63 still work as usual though.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

colonelmcdoogle
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5311 on: April 26, 2014, 11:41:01 PM »

58 doesn't work, 59-63 still work as usual though.

I know 58 Doesn't work but if I skip it and go to 59 it just gives me a freezing mario slot. If I add a character over 58 anyway and then put one on 59, the 58 slot freezes but the 59 doesn't.

I guess what I'm asking is, is there a trick to getting 59 to work or is something weird going on?

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5312 on: April 26, 2014, 11:46:32 PM »

I know 58 Doesn't work but if I skip it and go to 59 it just gives me a freezing mario slot. If I add a character over 58 anyway and then put one on 59, the 58 slot freezes but the 59 doesn't. I guess what I'm asking is, is there a trick to getting 59 to work or is something weird going on?
    I've never had this happen so I wouldn't know.
    Maybe you did one of the steps wrong?

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

colonelmcdoogle
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5313 on: April 26, 2014, 11:51:09 PM »

I've never had this happen so I wouldn't know.
    Maybe you did one of the steps wrong?

No clue. I guess I'll go back and try a few more times. Thanks for trying to help anyway. Much appreciated

SilverBaretta
    Expert Kitten

Longtime lurker, finally registered!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5314 on: April 26, 2014, 11:56:32 PM »

No clue. I guess I'll go back and try a few more times. Thanks for trying to help anyway. Much appreciated

You could also just add the clone for 58 but not add it to the CSS. If you do the bare minimum amount of files for the fighter it shouldn't take up too much more SD card space.

Something remixed this way comes...

colonelmcdoogle
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5315 on: April 27, 2014, 01:41:22 AM »

You could also just add the clone for 58 but not add it to the CSS. If you do the bare minimum amount of files for the fighter it shouldn't take up too much more SD card space.

Actually, that's a good point. I'll give that a shot.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5316 on: April 27, 2014, 06:37:21 AM »

Okay, so I gave Boss Battle a try as the True Ganon PSA, who is over Petey. Sure enough I fought and Beat Petey. Nothing loaded longer than normal, Petey's picture before entering was the same, Petey's scripts were the same, Petey's cage pictures next to it's life gauge was the same, Petey died all the same.

Everything seemed fine. I'm assuming this is because I didn't replace a fighter for Petey. Petey doesn't use fighter files. That's just my guess though since I was on the side of the fence that it probably wouldn't work.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

SilverBaretta
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5317 on: April 27, 2014, 09:21:52 AM »

(Now irrelevant) problem:
    Hate to be asking so many questions instead of contributing ideas, but I've hit a bit of a wall. Ever since I added custom cosmetics, my results screen seems to refuse to load. I've added all the CSS stuff no problem, and I know it freezes without BPs and all the other extra images, but whenever I try to add them, my results screen simply refuses to load for clones. Even modifying STGRESULT.PAC to include the mark and stock icons doesn't seem to do it.

So my question is:
    What's the bare minimum amount of cosmetic files needed for a clone to not freeze at the result screen? What else would I need to modify in order to make a clone complete? Any help would be appreciated much.

Oooookay then, never mind. The issue was that I tried to change the name of the character at the results screen in the CosmeticConfig file. I wonder why that froze it... Anyone know how I could fix that so it shows the proper clone name?
    « Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:31:04 AM by SilverBaretta » Logged

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5318 on: April 27, 2014, 09:32:44 AM »

Hate to be asking so many questions instead of contributing ideas, but I've hit a bit of a wall. Ever since I added custom cosmetics, my results screen seems to refuse to load. I've added all the CSS stuff no problem, and I know it freezes without BPs and all the other extra images, but whenever I try to add them, my results screen simply refuses to load for clones. Even modifying STGRESULT.PAC to include the mark and stock icons doesn't seem to do it.

So my question is:
    What's the bare minimum amount of cosmetic files needed for a clone to not freeze at the result screen? What else would I need to modify in order to make a clone complete? Any help would be appreciated much.

If the result screen is freezing you may not have named the individual png entries accordingly within the MenSelchrFace. When you open up these files and put in your own pngs, you need to name them properly or else they won't load. So If you have MenSelchrFace1460, then the first picture inside needs to be named MenSelchrFaceB.1461, increasing by 1 with each entry in succession.

This issue more overlooked than one might think. It. Gets. Me. All. The. Time. Smiley

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

SilverBaretta
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5319 on: April 27, 2014, 09:43:51 AM »

If the result screen is freezing you may not have named the individual png entries accordingly within the MenSelchrFace. When you open up these files and put in your own pngs, you need to name them properly or else they won't load. So If you have MenSelchrFace1460, then the first picture inside needs to be named MenSelchrFaceB.1461, increasing by 1 with each entry in succession.

This issue more overlooked than one might think. It. Gets. Me. All. The. Time. Smiley
    Haha, thanks, but I found the problem. I just wonder how to make those darn Result names work, apparently you just change it in the hex editor, but that's what was causing the freeze. :/

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5320 on: April 27, 2014, 12:30:55 PM »

Everything seemed fine. I'm assuming this is because I didn't replace a fighter for Petey. Petey doesn't use fighter files. That's just my guess though since I was on the side of the fence that it probably wouldn't work.

i was more leaning towards the side that it wouldn't work as well, but i did have a sneaking suspicion that this would be the case. so, no negative effects from using boss slots. sweet!

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5321 on: April 27, 2014, 12:41:55 PM »

i was more leaning towards the side that it wouldn't work as well, but i did have a sneaking suspicion that this would be the case. so, no negative effects from using boss slots. sweet!

Also, some of the slots I sequenced for testing use the CSSslot IDs for Popo and Nana, and do not conflict with the IceClimbers.

I want to do more testing, and I might be able to get a 100th character... but... there's a glitch that occrus with all cosmetic empty files after Smash logo in the fighter chart. I can only "trick" one into working, but the method means no others will work. So for a poetintial 100th character, it would have Mario cosmetics no matter what. The 99th character, who would normally load it's GFX from the Mario space, will, but I will take Mario's png data and swap it, so that this cosmetic file that loads the "default" will now load it's actual one, and I can manipulate Mario's cosmetic to load the new one.

So that's why 99 is possible. If the glitch is fixed then... potentially 100... But only if using the Fighter IDs of Warioman and Giga Bowser don't break them. I think they will to be honest, but I haven't tested it, and I've been wrong before.

ZX_BraveSol_ZX
    Supreme Kitten

Give them no quarter!

• Awards Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5322 on: April 27, 2014, 05:00:23 PM »

hey nebulon I keep getting freezes at the strap screen with the 4GB version of your pack

Never underestimate the power of the ass.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5323 on: April 27, 2014, 05:04:29 PM »

hey nebulon I keep getting freezes at the strap screen with the 4GB version of your pack

Yea, I've been told that doesn't work, but I made my GCT in code manager so that people can now easily edit it in. So feel free to add it in, since I must have done something wrong... If you get it to work pm me a link and I'll replce the GCT.

ZX_BraveSol_ZX
    Supreme Kitten

Give them no quarter!

• Awards Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5324 on: April 27, 2014, 05:09:16 PM »

ok I'll see what I can do.
    EDIT:I just noticed your 4gb gct is smaller than your other gct
    normal version:3.90KB
    4GB version:3.50KB
    I think i might know whats wrong. I'ma go check

Post Merge: April 27, 2014, 05:24:00 PM
    yep, you got rid of the file patch code in the 4gb version. you still need to keep that with the SDHC extension code. 
    « Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 05:24:00 PM by Mr.Doge » Logged

Never underestimate the power of the ass.

Pages:  1 ... 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: