Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 497 498 499 [500] 501 502 503 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2847434 times)
Sirkura
Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7485 on: October 27, 2014, 01:32:31 PM »

Sirkura you need to disable the kirby files in each of your clone characters fighter data. It's in the resources section on the right, just change the dropdown menu by Kirby to none.

ty agan for the help! that solves all the freezes for it. now the rest is PSA related. only errors are mewtwo Tstances with his 3rd jab, and megaman tstances with his airial. not sure what to do to fix mewtwo but megaman should be easy, i just need to know what subactions to copy and paste from another character to fix it. still waiting on replies to my PSA thread .-. lol actually come to think of it i think in the fighter config i saw a box for "attack 100" or such. might make mewtwo work.

UPDATE1: October 27, 2014, 04:10:25 PM
    ty agan for the help! that solves all the freezes for it. now the rest is PSA related. only errors are mewtwo Tstances with his 3rd jab, and megaman tstances with his airial. not sure what to do to fix mewtwo but megaman should be easy, i just need to know what subactions to copy and paste from another character to fix it. still waiting on replies to my PSA thread .-. lol actually come to think of it i think in the fighter config i saw a box for "attack 100" or such. might make mewtwo work.

Yep fixed it. it was "multiJab > true" btw if anyone was curious. now just need to figure out what subactions in PSA control the airdodging mechanics in PSA and it will be glitch free.

UPDATE2: October 27, 2014, 04:23:47 PM
    Rather then derail the thread i'll link to the help topic. Please answer there if there is anything you can help with. Thanks to everyone that helped us get this running! <3

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71762.0
    « Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:24:49 PM by Sirkura » Logged

BLKPanda
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7486 on: October 27, 2014, 05:10:23 PM »

Is it just me, or has anyone else found that (for UNSTABLE build) using cosmetics that utilize MiscData[145] and up (in char_bust_tex_lz77) load everything properly except the CSS icons/csp name? Cause all my clones utilizing cosmetics above 145 show css icons and the MenSelchrChrNm/MenSelchrChrNmS of MiscData[144] Of course i've changed the actual images in the MiscData[70] and [30] of the sc_selcharacter.pac, but it seems to do nothing.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7487 on: October 28, 2014, 06:05:52 PM »

Is it just me, or has anyone else found that (for UNSTABLE build) using cosmetics that utilize MiscData[145] and up (in char_bust_tex_lz77) load everything properly except the CSS icons/csp name? Cause all my clones utilizing cosmetics above 145 show css icons and the MenSelchrChrNm/MenSelchrChrNmS of MiscData[144] Of course i've changed the actual images in the MiscData[70] and [30] of the sc_selcharacter.pac, but it seems to do nothing.

Do model changing psas like Sonic, Bowser, and Wario work? And do clones of them work? Model changing was an issue...

And you're saying that the CSS things don't work properly, correct?

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

BLKPanda
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7488 on: October 28, 2014, 08:04:59 PM »

Do model changing psas like Sonic, Bowser, and Wario work? And do clones of them work? Model changing was an issue...

And you're saying that the CSS things don't work properly, correct?
    From what i've found, yes model changing psas do work, Sonic and Bowser work completely fine, unfortunately i've replaced Wario with Shadow so i can't say for him. I remember there was a crash for sonic and marth clones, where their final smashes would crash the game. But after messing around, i found that its easily fixed by using the fighter config files from the unstable build rather than from v1.2

When using V2's fighter config file, you cant open it in config utility, unless you change the version number with a hex editor, but if you do do so, the crash will come back, so any changes need to be solely from hex editing.

With my CSS problem, yes thats correct, all clones with cosmetics that are 145 (91 in hex/whats actually put in the cosmetic config file) and up, share the same CSS icon, and names, as the clone with the cosmetic ID 144 (But the CSPs work fine). This doesnt affect any of the clones below said value.
    « Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:25:43 PM by BLKPanda » Logged

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7489 on: October 28, 2014, 09:39:20 PM »

From what i've found, yes model changing psas do work, Sonic and Bowser work completely fine, unfortunately i've replaced Wario with Shadow so i can't say for him. I remember there was a crash for sonic and marth clones, where their final smashes would crash the game. But after messing around, i found that its easily fixed by using the fighter config files from the unstable build rather than from v1.2

When using V2's fighter config file, you cant open it in config utility, unless you change the version number with a hex editor, but if you do do so, the crash will come back, so any changes need to be solely from hex editing.

With my CSS problem, yes thats correct, all clones with cosmetics that are 145 (91 in hex/whats actually put in the cosmetic config file) and up, share the same CSS icon, and names, as the clone with the cosmetic ID 144 (But the CSPs work fine). This doesnt affect any of the clones below said value.

And 4 player matches still crash the game according to a team mate. :/ It's a nice find, but unfortunately not full proof. Still, that got me thinking about the next update Smiley I hope it comes soon!

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7490 on: October 28, 2014, 10:29:39 PM »

What I'm hoping for is the ability to give Characters like Giga Bowser alternate colors like in Project M using Brawlex

BlueZapMan
    Newbie Kitten

Your To Slow!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7491 on: October 29, 2014, 01:17:52 AM »

it loaded but when i try to go to charater select it freezes before it even shows it what do i do?

Justin Davidson

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7492 on: October 29, 2014, 01:23:16 AM »

it loaded but when i try to go to charater select it freezes before it even shows it what do i do?

I have this problem when my CSS file becomes corrupted. This happens to me when I export a csp and then replace it with the same name and everything into a spot. I don't know why though. If that's not your scenario then it may have just gotten corrupted, or the file size is too large.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7493 on: October 29, 2014, 12:16:32 PM »

What I'm hoping for is the ability to give Characters like Giga Bowser alternate colors like in Project M using Brawlex

You know i was wondering about this for a while too. i've been peaking in the PM 3.0 coding and couldn't find anything. i think it has to do with there "masquerade" system. tho i had an idea for a few similar effects. its untested atm but following the instructions here:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66848.0

i wonder if its possible to make alternate team costumes as well (flagging 2 costumes as red for instance) also some characters have more then one final smash  costume. like pokemon trainer, each pokemon group has there own final smash for each color. and in Bex i'm willing to bet they have there final smash set to "multi". again this is untested, but may be interesting to look into. both things may need to have additional coding to make them work, (or possibly stable) an additional idea might be able to make kirby hats for the clones by setting a new id for them. as i said its just speculation. how possible do you think these features would be for brawl EX?

edit: honestly the masquerade coding doesn't seem that difficult. most the costumes are easily seperated (its 3 lines of code then it repeats) still deciphering how parts of it work tho. also a bit off topic but anyone else noticed this code in PM? LOL

Code:
    Hold Shield for Giga or Sopo [ds22]
    * C26847BC 00000002
    * 2C030010 41820008
    * 2C03000C 00000000
    * C268482C 00000003
    * 2C1D0010 4082000C
    * 3BA00037 48000008
    * 3BA00038 00000000

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:21:54 PM by Sirkura » Logged

leondanny56
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7494 on: October 29, 2014, 12:35:13 PM »

And 4 player matches still crash the game according to a team mate. :/ It's a nice find, but unfortunately not full proof. Still, that got me thinking about the next update Smiley I hope it comes soon!

hey nebulon i wanted to correct you about this it isn't 4 player matches that freeze it's the 3rd and 4th player that freeze.

Post Merge: October 29, 2014, 12:40:40 PM
    i know it's 3rd and 4th player that freeze with the unstable bulid because i use the unstable build all the time on my wii,
    and whenever i have player 1 vs. player 3 or player 4 in a one on one match about every 5 to 10 matches the game freezes.
    but it dosen't freeze when i verse player 1 against second player.
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:40:40 PM by leondanny56 » Logged

quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7495 on: October 29, 2014, 03:21:59 PM »

Quick question.

Do Olimar skins after the 6th skin lack the capacity to have a glow on their antenna? Or did I do something wrong?

Post Merge: October 29, 2014, 05:55:23 PM
    What BB do people recommend for editing their CSS files for Brawl EX? My CSS files are very easily prone to being corrupted while using BB 71
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 05:55:23 PM by Nebulon » Logged

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7496 on: October 29, 2014, 06:20:35 PM »

@Sirkura
    the unstable release of brawlex had support for alternate final smash costumes, but I don't think the brawl ex configuration utility got updated to make them actually usable.

@Nebulon
    I've been using 0.71 with no issues in my CSS. I find it sometimes corrupts models though whenever it finds something to "fix".

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7497 on: October 29, 2014, 08:34:18 PM »

@Sirkura
    the unstable release of brawlex had support for alternate final smash costumes, but I don't think the brawl ex configuration utility got updated to make them actually usable.

@Nebulon
    I've been using 0.71 with no issues in my CSS. I find it sometimes corrupts models though whenever it finds something to "fix".

That's weird. I've had several accounts of adding pictures and the CSS not working and then I add the picture again and it's fine.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7498 on: October 30, 2014, 12:19:58 AM »

That's weird. I've had several accounts of adding pictures and the CSS not working and then I add the picture again and it's fine.
    Only time I've had an issue like that has been when I've forgotten to set compression or if I misname my csp. Other than that though I haven't had any problems. Just model "correction" issues.

Thomasco2013
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7499 on: October 30, 2014, 05:15:58 AM »

Is there any way to add the clone characters to the tourney mode css?

Pages:  1 ... 497 498 499 [500] 501 502 503 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: