The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on December 17, 2014, 09:40:51 AM
Well i've currently finished re-writing all core functions, and finished adding some new ones. The tool is back to (close to) 100% functionality in regards to where it last left off, however i have more plans for the tool before i officially release it.
Tell us some ideas!
Also, take your time, you've already done so much for this community!

In ten days this thread will be 1 year old! :) I hope PW comes back before the end of the year. I'm excited to know what he's been working on.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Did you hear about his perfection of Hype machines? He's pretty good at making them too. they are pretty decent form of Locomotion as well, He's pretty profitable in that business.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

does anyone know how to use the gct codes on WiiFlow or any other Wii program that loads games from Hard drive or flash drive? Trying to get into this BrawEX thing



Quote from: CaliKingz01 on December 22, 2014, 06:12:42 AM
does anyone know how to use the gct codes on WiiFlow or any other Wii program that loads games from Hard drive or flash drive? Trying to get into this BrawEX thing
i use usbloader gx and all you need to do is turn ocarina on, on the settings i also started using it since im pal so i need to use a ntsc ssbb iso trough usbloader gx.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on December 22, 2014, 01:37:49 PM
i use usbloader gx and all you need to do is turn ocarina on, on the settings i also started using it since im pal so i need to use a ntsc ssbb iso trough usbloader gx.

I second USBLoaderGX, it's the best loader imo. Has a really easy to navigate GUI, so it's really easy to tweak all of your loader options and the like.

Since people don't seem to know about the Alternate File Loader's ability to double the number of playable stages, I wrote a tutorial. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=72440.0
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: CaliKingz01 on December 22, 2014, 06:12:42 AM
does anyone know how to use the gct codes on WiiFlow or any other Wii program that loads games from Hard drive or flash drive? Trying to get into this BrawEX thing

USBLoaderGX works well, as does the Configurable USB Loader, which is the one I use. Just make sure you have the right hook on (AXNextFrame,or whatever it's called) and the Ocarina codes are turned on
"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! :kdance:

Can't add costumes to characters.

What I did was add an extra slot in the Fighter.dat, then added the extra costume images of that character.
But in-game, the portraits are not showing and the costume I added can't be selected.

Any clue of what's wrong?

P.D.: I tried this with both Link and Lucario. No costume was added.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

December 25, 2014, 05:24:37 PM #7644 Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 05:27:10 PM by ebola16
Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on December 25, 2014, 05:21:38 PM
Can't add costumes to characters.

What I did was add an extra slot in the Fighter.dat, then added the extra costume images of that character.
But in-game, the portraits are not showing and the costume I added can't be selected.

Any clue of what's wrong?

P.D.: I tried this with both Link and Lucario. No costume was added.

Did you make the necessary changes in CSSSlotConfig and FighterConfig to recognize your character costumes?
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: ebola16 on December 25, 2014, 05:24:37 PM
Did you make the necessary changes in CSSSlotConfig and FighterConfig to recognize your character costumes?

CSSSlotConfig is not necessary to have more costumes.

And I just said I modified the FighterConfig to do so.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on December 25, 2014, 07:20:27 PM
CSSSlotConfig is not necessary to have more costumes.

It is if you actually want the costumes to appear in the CSS.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on December 25, 2014, 07:22:40 PM
It is if you actually want the costumes to appear in the CSS.

Nevermind, I checked and it is right.

I've found a tutorial, but it uses a program I can't get to work.

Is there another way to do it using HxD?

And no, it is not the same thing.
It looks different in many ways.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

There's a guide in the op that explains what does what in the brawl ex config files in hex. The costumes are all at the end of the CSSSlotConfig, part of the CosmeticConfig determines which cosmetic slot it loads from as well so you'll need to edit that one if you want your new fighters to actually have their own csps and bps.

December 25, 2014, 08:03:58 PM #7649 Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 09:11:41 PM by Alejandro MiddleCorn
Quote from: secretchaos1 on December 25, 2014, 07:58:31 PM
There's a guide in the op that explains what does what in the brawl ex config files in hex. The costumes are all at the end of the CSSSlotConfig, part of the CosmeticConfig determines which cosmetic slot it loads from as well so you'll need to edit that one if you want your new fighters to actually have their own csps and bps.

There's no explanation on how to add the costumes.

Post Merge: December 25, 2014, 09:11:41 PM

I was able to make an extra Lucario costume.

ButLink will freeze when trying to select the new costume.
And yes, the cosmetics are where they need to be.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.