Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 542 543 544 [545] 546 547 548 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827393 times)
✦Dylan✦
Holocaust Mastermind
Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8160 on: August 11, 2015, 05:47:31 AM »

I've been trying to get BrawlEx to work; followed all the steps and yet the added character doesn't appear. I believe this is because I'm using a PAL Wii and I need a .gct file that supports that format. So, instead of RSBP01.gct, I need an RSBP01.gct that is compatible with BrawlEx. Any ideas?
    Get a 8GB usb and there is a cool thing called USB Loader.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8161 on: August 11, 2015, 11:33:19 AM »

Well I've realized now why I don't get any crashes with Resetti, I don't get any crashes with him at all. He just loads up names from BrawlEx's config data and his impersonations are selected based on one of the slot character datas, not sure from which config he pulls it.
    So the fix is unnecessary unless you continue to get crashes. I'd assume you just need to make sure all of your character slot data refers to an existing character slot.

spiritpyros
    Extreme Kitten

justice will prevail

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8162 on: August 13, 2015, 01:18:49 AM »

Right now I'am having problems creating a sheik clone. I have edited the fighter config for the clone renamed the other files and edited the module but every time i try to use her side special i do 999% damage on the ground and in the air the game crashes. can any one posssibly help me figure this out

Edit:: here is the moveset I was hoping to use: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31982

Edit2: here are some picture of my setup

slot75 in hex

slot76 in hex

module

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8163 on: August 13, 2015, 02:24:01 AM »

Well if all her other moves work fine in game I wouldn't think that's an issue on your setup.
    Is it perhaps an issue with the PSA itself? Does it work properly over Sheik's regular slot? I can't think of any setting you could tweak in the configs that would effect an attack like that so drastically. It could be a bug in the module.
    I know I have the spiderman moveset in my build but I don't think I've used any other Sheik based characters. From what I can recall he works perfectly fine too.

spiritpyros
    Extreme Kitten

justice will prevail

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8164 on: August 16, 2015, 10:38:25 AM »

Well if all her other moves work fine in game I wouldn't think that's an issue on your setup.
    Is it perhaps an issue with the PSA itself? Does it work properly over Sheik's regular slot? I can't think of any setting you could tweak in the configs that would effect an attack like that so drastically. It could be a bug in the module.
    I know I have the spiderman moveset in my build but I don't think I've used any other Sheik based characters. From what I can recall he works perfectly fine too.

Ok so I tested out the moveset in question over sheik

Juri han: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31982

Moveset worked perfectly fine, so I try using Spiderman's Brawl EX files for juri and My Grounded side special does 999% and my Air side special crashes the game. So I take a look at Spiderman's module and guess what? apparently spider man uses Marth's EX Module file so my guess is that Juri's Moveset is simply incompatible with Spiderman's module. So my next best guess is to try using the same method I used to make Bowser clones to create a Zelda+Sheik module for Juri and another random zelda psa.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8165 on: August 16, 2015, 03:30:25 PM »

Oh right, I forgot that he was ported over.

Well I don't have any experience with using transforming character modules, but wouldn't you be able to just disable the transforming move and use the combined module?

Ssisk
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8166 on: August 18, 2015, 10:00:08 PM »

Oh right, I forgot that he was ported over.

Well I don't have any experience with using transforming character modules, but wouldn't you be able to just disable the transforming move and use the combined module?
      I did that for when I made a zelda hack with Yukari over zelda, I just turned of her ability to transfrom. Then I tried it with shiek but I could not do it.

spiritpyros
    Extreme Kitten

justice will prevail

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8167 on: August 19, 2015, 11:02:26 AM »

I think I may have something to do with the fact that they have elevated Slotconfig files.the problem is how do we properly Hex Edit the slot files to make sure they work?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8168 on: August 21, 2015, 05:42:17 PM »

If I have a brawlex character setup to use 12 costumes (10 occupy one cosmetic slot and the other 2 occupy the next cosmetic slot), is there a reason we cannot go beyond those 12 costumes? I want to fully utilize the second cosmetic slot for a total of 20 costumes. I understand that FighterConfig and CSSSlotConfig files need to be edited, but I can't really find a pattern for changing Color .Pac Flags to reflect 20 costumes.

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8169 on: August 21, 2015, 06:53:05 PM »

I've gotten 13 costumes working, the 13th uses the 'Dark' costume a character has (It's ID is 0C, same as the terminator), and apparently it's possible to have 14 by using the Subspace 'Fake' costume (Which I haven't been able to get working so far...), but I'm not sure about 20...

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8170 on: August 21, 2015, 08:05:58 PM »

That's an improvement on how many costumes I got. I had 12 costumes set up one time for Link. (Four being Brawl Link, Four being PM/Oot Link, and Four being SJS'/SS Link.)

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8171 on: August 21, 2015, 08:33:56 PM »

I've gotten 13 costumes working, the 13th uses the 'Dark' costume a character has (It's ID is 0C, same as the terminator), and apparently it's possible to have 14 by using the Subspace 'Fake' costume (Which I haven't been able to get working so far...), but I'm not sure about 20...
    Good idea! Can I ask what value you set for the "Color .pac flags" to get the 13th dark costume working in the fighterconfig file? I'm not sure how much I should increase it since the Fighterconfig editor only allows 12 costumes (and the value doesn't increase by a constant amount when adding a costume...).

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8172 on: August 21, 2015, 09:02:14 PM »

For that you don't have to do anything, just need to set the cosmetics up, haha.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8173 on: August 21, 2015, 09:11:14 PM »

For that you don't have to do anything, just need to set the cosmetics up, haha.
    Oh yeah, the dark costume is already set up in the fighterconfig. Thanks again Kitsu-chan!
    I still want to look into recognizing the other 8 costume slots in my second config slot though. I fear that the solution lies outside of the current brawlex config files.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8174 on: August 21, 2015, 09:26:03 PM »

yoshi module?
    or
    is there a ported yoshi character that can be cloned?

Pages:  1 ... 542 543 544 [545] 546 547 548 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: