Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 550 551 552 [553] 554 555 556 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827884 times)
Ebola16
Importer of Dreams
Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8280 on: November 09, 2015, 11:33:19 PM »

Sweetie-Bot, though I don't personally use the clone tool I have heard it is not compatible with the newest Brawlex.

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8281 on: November 12, 2015, 12:43:53 AM »

I take offense to that >.> xD jk PM 3.6 is coded to use BeX, i decoded all the files myself.

Sirkura, I don't have too much interest in PM myself but I was wondering if I could ask if you decoded a specific part of it. Namely Dantarion's Alternate Stage Loader. Were you able to get it working with BrawlEx? I've been able to pull it out from the PM 3.6 GCT (or at least in some part of it) and it seems to be formatted the same way as before. I can't seem to get it working at all in game however, it doesn't seem to be acknowledged at all.

Is it working alongside BrawlEx in your PM build? I feel like this would be a great thing to isolate as the next best alternative at the moment (Almas's Alternate File Loader) can only load 1 set of stages, 1 per icon, whereas Dant's is far more flexible.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8282 on: November 12, 2015, 05:26:33 AM »

Sirkura, I don't have too much interest in PM myself but I was wondering if I could ask if you decoded a specific part of it. Namely Dantarion's Alternate Stage Loader. Were you able to get it working with BrawlEx? I've been able to pull it out from the PM 3.6 GCT (or at least in some part of it) and it seems to be formatted the same way as before. I can't seem to get it working at all in game however, it doesn't seem to be acknowledged at all.

actually we are trying to get this to work. for some reason not a single ReL file for ANY stage will load off the SD card. its pretty frustrating. i can't see a reason why it would be incompatible, can you PM me the code so i can take a look? preferable just the code, that way i can do some stand alone testing on it.

Is it working alongside BrawlEx in your PM build? I feel like this would be a great thing to isolate as the next best alternative at the moment (Almas's Alternate File Loader) can only load 1 set of stages, 1 per icon, whereas Dant's is far more flexible.

Post Merge: November 13, 2015, 01:42:08 AM
    thought i'd post this here if anyone wants to help collaborate, or use this themselves for a project:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0aazt83nxr3m6ou/PM_DiY.7z

Mewtwo's shadowball is invisible, (there is a way to fix this i don't remember how)

links boomerang (possibly tinks too?) crashes the game, i'm pretty sure PM has codes on the physics of it that BeX probably ignores (like IC constants)

ASL code does not work with BeX (maybe we can possibly point the data to a different memory address?)

aside that cosmetics, clones, and most things are set up, (except mewtwo and roy, havent really set up clone cosmetics yet)

feel free to use and make changes to it. let me know if you find any glitches or fix existing ones, i'll add it to the patch.
    « Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 01:42:09 AM by Sirkura » Logged

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8283 on: November 13, 2015, 02:21:23 PM »

Mewtwo's shadowball is invisible, (there is a way to fix this i don't remember how)

I fixed an issue like this for the PM Mewtwo that was backported to vBrawl. The animation for his shadowball had an extra keyframe it wasn't supposed to or something to that effect, after I changed it back to the way it was supposed to be he worked fine.
    I'd suggest looking there to see if it's amiss.
     Aside from what I pm'd about the ASL I don't really know how you could fix the rest. I know there's some variables that can be changed in the fighter data that people often used codes to do (number of jabs, can crawl, can glide, etc) but I'm not sure if your boomerang issue would be solved by anything in there.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #8284 on: November 13, 2015, 04:15:31 PM »

I fixed an issue like this for the PM Mewtwo that was backported to vBrawl. The animation for his shadowball had an extra keyframe it wasn't supposed to or something to that effect, after I changed it back to the way it was supposed to be he worked fine.
    I'd suggest looking there to see if it's amiss.
     Aside from what I pm'd about the ASL I don't really know how you could fix the rest. I know there's some variables that can be changed in the fighter data that people often used codes to do (number of jabs, can crawl, can glide, etc) but I'm not sure if your boomerang issue would be solved by anything in there.
    experimenting with BeX it seems IC's are simply ignored altogether, i think link's PSA is attmpting to load data from it and its simply not there. it has something to do with the hitbox. (crashes as soon as it hits) it even crashes dolphin entirely xD wich is mildly unsettling. i think if i can pinpoint what its drawing on i can erase it and make it work. but i'd need someone more fluent in PSA for that.

yi-shioon
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8285 on: November 14, 2015, 03:06:28 PM »

Does anyone know if ASL works with BeX?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8286 on: November 14, 2015, 03:28:01 PM »

Does anyone know if ASL works with BeX?
    Unfortunately it doesn't. The closest alternative is the AFL, which works with Brawlex. See forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=72440.msg1319806#msg1319806

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

yi-shioon
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8287 on: November 14, 2015, 05:32:54 PM »

Oh shi~
    Well, let's see how far AFL will take me...
    Thanks for the answer!

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8288 on: November 14, 2015, 06:17:55 PM »

Oh shi~
    Well, let's see how far AFL will take me...
    Thanks for the answer!
    AFL will allow you to load one alternate per stage slot. It's the best option for now without using multiple RSBE folders with the later versions of the file patch code.

Sweetie-Bot
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8289 on: November 15, 2015, 10:51:39 AM »

i don't know if this is the place to ask but can anyone modify the file patch code to read from the following directories?

root/balancedbrawl/pf (regular file patch 3.5.1)
    root/brawl-/pf (brawlex file patch 3.5.1b + sound replacement engine 1.20)

if not its okay
    « Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 11:18:02 AM by Sweetie-Bot » Logged

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #8290 on: November 15, 2015, 07:24:44 PM »

actually i'm interested in that too, i know its simply adding a chunk of code at the end of file patch if i remember right and 2 other codes (/folder/ is root of SD, skip /RSBX/, then an add to FPC on the end) it would be nice to make bex compatible with other mods without having to change their directories.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8291 on: November 16, 2015, 09:15:25 AM »

I suppose it could be convenient, but you'd still need to change the directory of your codes folder every time you load, wouldn't you? Unless there's a loader that supports setting up multiple .gct files at launch.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #8292 on: November 16, 2015, 03:41:05 PM »

I suppose it could be convenient, but you'd still need to change the directory of your codes folder every time you load, wouldn't you? Unless there's a loader that supports setting up multiple .gct files at launch.
    I think you misunderstand me. As you know i'm working on getting BeX working on PM, PM uses the /ProjectM/ directory using its own FPC and those other 2 codes. i had to switch it so it reads from /private/ so i could use BeX's file patch. knowing how to write a folder to the FPC would be useful so i don't have to change directories. appearantly that concept of coppy PF folder here to pf folder here is really hard for some people >.> so it would lesson some confusion.

iPodwithnomusic
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8293 on: November 16, 2015, 05:28:53 PM »

Hello, I am new to these forums and brawl hacking in general. I have a modded Wii, but not much knowledge about hacking a Wii. I am interested in adding a few characters to my character select screen, and I'm not sure where to start. I know I want to add slots for them, instead of replacing other characters, so I believe I've come to the right place. Is there a way I can just download characters from the vault and add them into new character slots? I'm very confused about how to do this.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8294 on: November 16, 2015, 09:19:45 PM »

Hello, I am new to these forums and brawl hacking in general. I have a modded Wii, but not much knowledge about hacking a Wii. I am interested in adding a few characters to my character select screen, and I'm not sure where to start. I know I want to add slots for them, instead of replacing other characters, so I believe I've come to the right place. Is there a way I can just download characters from the vault and add them into new character slots? I'm very confused about how to do this.
    Just download a pack

Pages:  1 ... 550 551 552 [553] 554 555 556 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: