Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2826993 times)
Sirkura
Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8340 on: November 30, 2015, 11:48:19 AM »

I'd guess that the Ex conflicts haven't been truly solved yet. Either that or a typo.

Supposedly "Project M XP with both BrawlEx and ASL" is working (https://www.smashladder.com/blogs/view/25rn/2015-07-22/super-smash-bros-project-m-xp). This might be the next best place to look.

EDIT: Nevermind, that version is not released yet.^
    I'll just wait to hear from PyotrLuzhin or Sirkura
    There's also a third option, we're all overlooking something silly.
    hmm the PMXP dev team has only been able to load _A stages ourselves. + base stages i believe. and PL said he only had A alts when he tested it. could you try making an _A alt and let me know if it loads? also PMXP is not using any music codes except the song forcer code. Anyone is free to come chat with us in dev chat:

https://discord.gg/0bP53Vo0lW3M0GF1

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8341 on: November 30, 2015, 11:52:54 AM »

A bit busy today but I should have some time to test it out later tonight. The base PM code is set to load _Z files so that would explain why it had no effect. I'll setup my Battlefield test code for loading _A.
    Did they have any success with rels at all, or just stages? I figure if the rels are working it'll only take a moment of trial and error to determine which set of code determines stages and which determines rels.

Edit: Well I changed the code to load up STGBATTLEFIELD_A and had no luck in dolphin. I find my dolphin tends to be a bit funny with inputs though (exiting a match early never seems to work) so I want to test it on console later just to be sure it wasn't an issue on my end. If it'd be possible to get an exact copy of the working code their using that'd be great, then I could see if maybe it's an input issue as well (I believe I'm using L on gamecube at the moment to test).
    « Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 12:25:18 PM by secretchaos1 » Logged

yi-shioon
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8342 on: November 30, 2015, 01:23:40 PM »

More odd things happened to me when I used this code:
    1. Trying to access my music would not let me leave, nor let me navigate or choose a song.
    2. On the CSS, I couldn't change neither the player's name, nor the CPU's level.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8343 on: November 30, 2015, 01:56:10 PM »

hmm the PMXP dev team has only been able to load _A stages ourselves. + base stages i believe. and PL said he only had A alts when he tested it. could you try making an _A alt and let me know if it loads? also PMXP is not using any music codes except the song forcer code. Anyone is free to come chat with us in dev chat:

https://discord.gg/0bP53Vo0lW3M0GF1
    Thanks for the info Sirkura! I could not load _A stages either. I'm curious about the status of loading alt .rels too. I'm still hopeful that BrawlDJ will be eventually fixed!

More odd things happened to me when I used this code:
    1. Trying to access my music would not let me leave, nor let me navigate or choose a song.
    2. On the CSS, I couldn't change neither the player's name, nor the CPU's level.
    I can reproduce both of those issues too. Thanks for the info! It seems you, secretchaos1, and I have similar enough setups for testing purposes.
    « Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 02:01:06 PM by ebola16 » Logged

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8344 on: November 30, 2015, 04:36:05 PM »

Thanks for the info! It seems you, secretchaos1, and I have similar enough setups for testing purposes.
    Well I typically use Dolphin just for quick tests and so I can see the code log. I use my wii for actual play since my laptop can't handle the emulation as well as the real thing.
    I should add that I also had the My Music issue (I thought it was perhaps an emulation glitch at first), however I believe it occurred while I was using the full selection of codes, including the unknown ones. I'll need to verify it happens with the core codes as well.

PyotrLuzhin
    Expert Kitten

Pocket Monster

• Awards Featured Star Hacker >9000 Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8345 on: December 01, 2015, 09:36:19 AM »

Thanks for the detailed feedback, guys! You've already made a fix that much easier. Regarding the single-alt issue, I have a feeling that the code just stops after iterating through a for loop once, and the pointer regions that I haven't examined likely contain bad values. Since I don't play vanilla brawl very often, I didn't check to see if the region of memory I used in my ASM codes was actually free in vanilla Brawl. It's probably just a matter of finding a different free area of memory. I can confirm that, on my setup (PM 3.6 with BrawlEX manually added), the Z alts that I loaded seemed to work fine; I did not make any changes to the default naming of PM's alternate stages. Expect a fix soon, but I can't promise anything instantaneous - I'm pretty busy with school at the moment. Again, thanks for the bug reports! It's incredibly helpful.
    « Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 09:42:04 AM by PyotrLuzhin » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8346 on: December 01, 2015, 02:48:37 PM »

Thanks for the detailed feedback, guys! You've already made a fix that much easier. Regarding the single-alt issue, I have a feeling that the code just stops after iterating through a for loop once, and the pointer regions that I haven't examined likely contain bad values. Since I don't play vanilla brawl very often, I didn't check to see if the region of memory I used in my ASM codes was actually free in vanilla Brawl. It's probably just a matter of finding a different free area of memory. I can confirm that, on my setup (PM 3.6 with BrawlEX manually added), the Z alts that I loaded seemed to work fine; I did not make any changes to the default naming of PM's alternate stages. Expect a fix soon, but I can't promise anything instantaneous - I'm pretty busy with school at the moment. Again, thanks for the bug reports! It's incredibly helpful.
    Thank you too for working with the ASL code! Don't feel rushed, the AFL code will suffice until more progress is made.

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Skides
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8347 on: December 01, 2015, 08:34:57 PM »

Hello, I'm not sure if this is covered but does anyone know if I can change a clone's shadow so that it is the shadow of the new character and not the base character?

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8348 on: December 01, 2015, 08:51:19 PM »

Expect a fix soon, but I can't promise anything instantaneous - I'm pretty busy with school at the moment. Again, thanks for the bug reports! It's incredibly helpful.
    Gonna second Ebola16, you take as long as you need to with it. We've been waiting a long time for an ASL fix and waiting a bit longer won't kill us, thank you so much for finally making it a reality! I'll be waiting to give your next revision a test.

Also Skides, yes you can change the shadows I believe however they're part of each character's costume models. There's two models in most FitCharacterXX.pac/.pcs files, one for the actual model and a low poly variant for the shadow. There's only a few model imports I've seen that actually change the shadow however, so you'd probably need to make / import the low poly shadow models yourself if you wanted to make everything that legit.
    TLDR: It can be done with model importing, shadow is stored in FitCharacterXX.pac/.pcs .

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8349 on: December 02, 2015, 05:48:22 AM »

Going to second the shadow being in the Fit<Name><Color>.pac/pcs files.

It's in ModelData[10], named "Fit<Name>Shd". From observation, it appears to be a very simple rig with all the joints in the shadow mesh parented to the TopN bone.This would make sense to be able to move the joints to the floor at the point they should go based on the light direction.

If you want to make your own, just remember that fewer polys is better. You just need enough to make it look like an approximation of the main characters' shape. You don't even need UV mapping, since it doesn't use any textures.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8350 on: December 02, 2015, 11:59:25 AM »

So the project M codelist got posted. Looks like one of those misc codes might have been relevant after all.
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/0p5px0c9c9jbt4c/Project_M_Codeset.txt

Edit: Yeah in particular the one listed as possibly related 2 seems to be part of the full code. The first one is to do with loading multipac stages in classic and all-star (ie. lylat cruise, castle siege) and the last is entirely unrelated, so we can ignore it from now on. I'm pretty sure we have all of the code aside from that but it can't hurt to double check, it's right near the top of the list.
    « Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 12:49:41 PM by secretchaos1 » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8351 on: December 02, 2015, 06:48:37 PM »

So the project M codelist got posted. Looks like one of those misc codes might have been relevant after all.
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/0p5px0c9c9jbt4c/Project_M_Codeset.txt

FINALLY!

Skides
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8352 on: December 02, 2015, 10:11:19 PM »

Thanks everyone!

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8353 on: December 03, 2015, 05:41:45 PM »

Heya everyone. It's been a while since I've posted in this thread, but I've come back for some advice, as I appear to be stuck.

So, part of the process of adding characters is adding their cosmetics. My dilemma is that:

In the sc_selcharacter there is Misc Data 30. In here you put the character's name that goes over their CSP in the CSS, as well as the necessary texture pattern data to set it all up in "AnmTexPat". Opening up AnmTexPat, I've modified the two main pieces to add characters:

"MenSelchrCname4_TopN__0"

and

"MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0"

However, I've been stuck for 2 hours isolating my problem to "MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0" Essentially, I'm attempting to add a new character. I have their icon, icon name, and csps put into the sc_selcharacter (however I did not set it up in the cosmetic config to load their csps yet, the character has been using Marth's as a base for testing) and just putting these in did not cause a freeze. I then modified the "MenSelchrCname4_TopN__0" to allow one more entry and it did not cause a freeze.

But for whatever reason, adding a new entry to "MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0" (and of course exporting and importing it over "MenSelchrFaceB_TopN__0" and so on) as well as raising the Framecount on the side from 1801 to 1811 has caused the game to freeze when I attempt to get to the CSS.

I don't believe this has ever been an issue when I've added characters, which is why it's so confusing to me. Is there actually a limit here? As in, is 1801 the maximum and therefore entry 180 is the maximum? And if so, what are some safe alternatives? The last non-clone related entry was 051 with 110 starting off the clones. Would going below entry 110 be alright?

If you're all wondering why it's over 1801 in the first place, it's because I've successfully given characters 12 costumes, however that requires (as far as I know) for them to use two entries since their costume IDs would have 2 costumes that would need to be used in the next entry (as in, if I give Mario 12 costumes and I put his Miscdata for CSPs and whatnot as 178 I would also need to add an entry for 179)

However, while typing this I just realized I can use the original Mario directory, as well as any other character I gave 12 costumes to, to set up my costumes.

But I am still curious, is there a limit and are there any safe entry numbers I could use below 110 but above 051?

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8354 on: December 03, 2015, 06:00:30 PM »

@Nebulon, looking at Dolphin logs is probably the best way to sort out those kind of problems. Use only one of your RS* folders to stay below 2GB.

I don't know if this info will help but I managed to max out the possible characters on the character select screen. I also skipped every other ID so all my characters can support up to 20 CSP slots (although 14 is the current max). My MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0 framecount is currently 1891. After MenSelchrChrNmS.047 (sonic), I set Brawlex up to load the first character using MenSelchrChrFace.048. The next was MenSelchrChrFace.050 (for 20 CSP slots). And so on...

Filling up the CSS using this method spanned MenSelchrChrFace.048 - MenSelchrChrFace.188 for Brawlex characters. I also skipped any slot occupied by boss characters just in case there could be conflicts.
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:19:21 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: