PSA Tips: What's possible and what's not possible.

Started by KingJigglypuff, March 05, 2014, 03:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

March 05, 2014, 03:08:45 AM Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:06:51 PM by KingOfChaos
Hey, Kittens, KJP here. I've decided to get cracking on what's possible to do in PSA and what's not (at the moment). But I need your help in gathering this information. If I'm wrong about something or I missed something, then post what I got wrong/missed, along with a link/post of a tutorial or an example.

What's Currently Possible.
-Counters. Various PSAs.
-Pseudo Gliding. Crusade Ridley PSA.
-Transformation. BrawlEx. Only between 2 characters at the moment.
-Pseudo Transformation. Various PSAs.
-Power Ups/Downs. Various PSAs.
-Adding new GFX. Various PSAs.
-Bone Index editing. Various PSAs.
-Adding new Visibility Bones. Various PSAs
-Adding a new character slot. BrawlEx
-Custom Attacks. All PSAs.
-Custom Special Attacks. Most PSAs.
-Custom Final Smashes. Most PSAs.
-Charge up Attacks. Various PSAs.
-Variable based Attacks. Various PSAs.
-"Stance Change". Various PSAs.
-Adding Action Overrides. Various PSAs.
-Custom Bones. Various PSAs.
-On hit cancel. Various PSAs.
-Healing/Self Damage. Various PSAs.
-Floating. Various PSAs.
-Attribute Editing. Various PSAs.
-Slot specific Attacks. Various PSAs.
-Adding a true Crawl. BrawlEx.
-Adding a true Glide. BrawlEx.
-Adding true Multijumps. BrawlEx.
-Adding new Sub Actions.
-Adding a new custom Sword Glow. Requires renaming the character's ef_char to something that has a Sword Glow.
-Item Attribute replacement.


What Might be Possible (requires further study).
-Adding new Actions.
-Creating Action Overrides on a character without them.
-Increasing maximum File Size.


What's Currently Impossible.
-Adding Articles.
-Transformation between 3 or 4 characters.
-Adding a Tether.


Let the PSA Discussion begin! \o0o/
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

This is a good read. Makes me want to try a few things.

March 05, 2014, 02:48:47 PM #2 Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 10:44:24 PM by pikazz
Change "Adding a True Glide" to "What'S Currently Possible."

Add "Adding True Multijumps (like Kirby and Jigglypuff)" to "What Might be Possible (requires further study)."

and Add "Adding True Crawl" to "What's Currently Possible."

why?
True Crawl

playing with "Misc Crawl", "Misc MultiJump" and "Misc Glide" inside FitFighter.pac. successfully added Misc Crawl to jigglypuff! will try Multijump on someone who cant double jump or Misc Glide on someone with working action override

best use with BrawlEx Engine, letting you set the flag to make them useable

EDIT: True Glide
Fully working true glide on Yoshi!
Stupid Tinypic :C

May 21, 2014, 09:43:45 AM #3 Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 01:55:28 PM by KingOfChaos
How far have you guys gotten on new Actions?  I stopped working on a brawl-like game recently but I based the moveset system off PSA actions/subactions from the PSA docs.

Here's what I learned and implemented that might be useful to others:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


___

Oh yea, I never got to fully implementing articles.  The way I would've done articles was to have articles also have it's own "Moveset" data (actions/subactions).  Then the owner (Mario->fireball) controls the visibility/active/enabled of an article as well as set Actions directly.  To me (who hasn't PSA-ed in years), it sounds like how brawl might also do it.

I really want to look into adding articles
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Your post is fine, ShyGuy. It was just really big, so I put it into a Spoiler.

As for Actions and Sub Actions, Pikazz managed to perfectly add new Sub Actions, and is progressing on adding new Actions (there's various bugs with adding new Actions).

Quote from: SonicBrawler on May 21, 2014, 11:43:10 AMI really want to look into adding articles
Adding and/or porting Articles would be a breakthrough on the same grounds as BrawlEx.

I believe Pikazz, PhantomWings(?), and SammiHusky(?) are looking into it.

So ask those three about what you can do to look into adding/porting articles.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

This is a list that would be useful to people who starts PSAing.
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Adding articles isn't possible currently but it is possible to port some assist trophy articles onto characters' items: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=43789.msg892895#msg892895

But this only truly works over characters that have item spawning capabilities like Link, Toon Link, Peach, Snake and anything whatever else I'm forgetting. Although you can make any PSA summon these items if you wanted. IMO the best way to add articles one day will be through adding new items since it's the closest I've seen.

Not everything works but one of the things that does almost always work is Jeff's Pencil rocket which homes in on enemies and is the closest thing to a auto-homing article ported.

So add on character item replacement onto that list xD Or whatever anyone would call them.
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114

Quote from: Alses on June 05, 2014, 01:29:28 PM
Adding articles isn't possible but it is possible to port some assist trophy articles onto characters' items: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=43789.msg892895#msg892895

But this only truly works over characters that have item spawning capabilities like Link, Toon Link, Peach, Snake and anything whatever else I'm forgetting. Although you can make any PSA summon these items if you wanted. IMO the best way to add articles one day will be through adding new items since it's the closest I've seen.

Not everything works but one of the things that does almost always work is Jeff's Pencil rocket which homes in on enemies and is the closest thing to a auto-homing article ported.

So add on character item replacement onto that list xD Or whatever anyone would call them.
Alright. Will do.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

June 05, 2014, 03:51:26 PM #9 Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 03:54:24 PM by pikazz
Alses: Adding articles WILL be possible in the future, we just need to find a way to rebuild the module files completely!

but there is one thing I wonder if its possible, that would be "Merging Subactions" together! perfect example is from the game Kirbys Return to dreamland, there example there is a animation for a drill arm thats its animation is "loop" while it plays durning the other animations aswell! and the arm isnt a article, its on the body itself

I have seen it to Damagefaces, they "Merges" into the damage subactions like "throwN" animations without any problem
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on June 05, 2014, 03:51:26 PM
Alses: Adding articles WILL be possible in the future, we just need to find a way to rebuild the module files completely!

Now this is great to hear!


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tidus on June 05, 2014, 03:54:02 PM
Now this is great to hear!
but sadly, it will not be easy cause it will require huge programming and PowerPC/Asm knowledge. even if it just "copypaste" if you want someones elses article on that character
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on June 05, 2014, 03:51:26 PM
Alses: Adding articles WILL be possible in the future, we just need to find a way to rebuild the module files completely!
This would be... so great... :srs:
There would be alot of PSAs to update, though... lol

[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: pikazz on June 05, 2014, 03:51:26 PM
Alses: Adding articles WILL be possible in the future, we just need to find a way to rebuild the module files completely!

but there is one thing I wonder if its possible, that would be "Merging Subactions" together! perfect example is from the game Kirbys Return to dreamland, there example there is a animation for a drill arm thats its animation is "loop" while it plays durning the other animations aswell! and the arm isnt a article, its on the body itself

I have seen it to Damagefaces, they "Merges" into the damage subactions like "throwN" animations without any problem

Ah, I meant as in right now xD Fixed the post =) And brand new modules sounds awesome but I don't even know how to see what's coded in the sora module. =P Good luck on learning what it all means and hope to see progress!


Quote from: pikazz on June 05, 2014, 03:59:27 PM
but sadly, it will not be easy cause it will require huge programming and PowerPC/Asm knowledge. even if it just "copypaste" if you want someones elses article on that character

Hopefully with enough look into it adding articles will be just as easy as adding special grabs!
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114

I need to ask a question.

Is it possible to inject a special from one character to another?

Example:

Porting the animations is cake, brawlbox does that for us.  Also porting the PSA stuff is cake aswell, just copy paste specials from one character to another, but here is the hard part...

Character doesn't not have enough specials
- How to add new specials with hex edit?

and here is the other thing:
- How to edit Floating points so that the injected specials work as the Owner of that special


Example:

Fox has Ike's Side B and all it's attributes (Floating Points, charge frames, etc

Or even the Cypher stats and all, so he would not be able to have button input to get momentum like fore fox, and just go upwards like snake.

Thanks in advance!