Project M Unbound (Beta 2 Is Out)

Started by SmashKing64, March 30, 2014, 09:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

How come every time I go into the Clone Engine an error popup about Microsoft .NET Framework pops up? Should I just press continue and proceed to add clones or what?

I'm running off Windows XP btw

Quote from: Michaelides on April 06, 2014, 06:51:44 PM
How come every time I go into the Clone Engine an error popup about Microsoft .NET Framework pops up? Should I just press continue and proceed to add clones or what?

I'm running off Windows XP btw

Yes, just continue. This is an error that I have ran into plenty of times.  It is caused by the method we currently use to replace all of the original characters since they lack all of the needed BrawlEX files.  This leads the program to be unable to read the folder properly.  You can still add new clones you just will not see all of the old clones appear.
Check out My Project EX: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67116.msg1242650#msg1242650
I am a currently a college student studying mathematics and computer science.  I am a programmer with experience in multiple languages.
I used to mod brawl but stopped for a while and decided to start up again.

so, the error occurs when the program is trying to find brawlex files for the original roster? that seems like something easy and necessary to fix.

V. 1.00

Quote from: MeleeMaster500 on April 06, 2014, 09:43:55 PM
so, the error occurs when the program is trying to find brawlex files for the original roster? that seems like something easy and necessary to fix.

Would if we could but can't until all of the .rel's are released
Check out My Project EX: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67116.msg1242650#msg1242650
I am a currently a college student studying mathematics and computer science.  I am a programmer with experience in multiple languages.
I used to mod brawl but stopped for a while and decided to start up again.

Quote from: cbennett2121 on April 06, 2014, 08:43:20 PM
Yes, just continue. This is an error that I have ran into plenty of times.  It is caused by the method we currently use to replace all of the original characters since they lack all of the needed BrawlEX files.  This leads the program to be unable to read the folder properly.  You can still add new clones you just will not see all of the old clones appear.

Okay, thank you. I did proceed to do so, but I noticed that there was a portrait I didn't even add on my clone, I hovered over the clone and it froze the game.. Weird.

Bugs: Pichu: Pichu's head tends to get big and that healing animation when he does his up taunt occasionally surrounds him when he's moving. His aerial neutral B has the chance of freezing an opponent for a long time.

Megaman: He doesn't have directional airdodge. Also, he has vbrawl physics.
Roy doesn't have his own SFX (he's silent)

Quote from: Xinc on April 07, 2014, 02:43:16 AM
Bugs: Pichu: Pichu's head tends to get big and that healing animation when he does his up taunt occasionally surrounds him when he's moving. His aerial neutral B has the chance of freezing an opponent for a long time.

Megaman: He doesn't have directional airdodge. Also, he has vbrawl physics.
Roy doesn't have his own SFX (he's silent)

It's good to notice all bugs, so good job.

fixes for these:

use the pichu model import and delete the motion file, this will fix resizing and known freezes with the file.

as for megaman, his moveset might not be "suited" for PM, as are all clone characters besides roy and mewtwo. I think, but am not sure, that the airdodge isn't correct because of his moveset.

and yeah, someone with the knowledge should add sfx for characters

V. 1.00


Oh wow I didn't know this was a thing already. I've been working on a perfect BrawlEX beta and its working like a charm so far. I'd love to playtest and see the potential of this project.

EDIT: I've got almost all the guys mentioned in your poll working like on mine except HOW ARE YOU GETTING SKULL KID???!?!?!?!?!?! I thought Toon Link didn't have a BrawlEX compatible .rel- that's the ONLY reason I don't have him! I RLY want him tho. However, my friends love them some P:M Toon Link  :notimp:

someone try out this css edit on the existing build: http://www.mediafire.com/download/27rkck24kvb6g4f/PMUnbound+CSS+fix2b.zip

you should be able to notice that mewtwo and roy have PM costume portraits. (not that this was the major change but the others shouldn't be noticeable compared to the previous- namely the the files are restructured to be in the correct order)

V. 1.00

I'd say this build is around 70% finalized after I fix the rest it will be character request time

Post Merge: April 10, 2014, 10:55:48 AM

Everything has been fixed including CSS, Pichu glitch
After I test it and clean it up a bit ill release



I don't believe so an i fixed all bugs I believe and also I'm almost done making beta 2