BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Dantarion on May 07, 2014, 10:50:31 PM
Tidus, for that to happen, PSA can't do much about it. So basically, BrawlBox needs to be changed to not ever save a file in a way that PSA can't read it.

Also, BrawlBox SHOULD be able to save D3 and Pokemon .pacs in a way so that PSA can open them :D

I'm aware that BBox is the culprit. Since I have little to no idea what you guys have to work with, I'm just throwing out suggestions for future updates, etc.

Not really worried about the D3 and Pokemon .pacs tidbit seeing as I don't work with them. But it's nice to know anyways, for future reference :P

Quote from: Sammi Husky on May 07, 2014, 11:00:44 PM
And in any case, my main focus for moveset stuff would be on Ikarus anyways

True, true. Almost forgot that Ikraus would be used for PSAing stuff.

I wish you guys the best of luck in your endeavor.

By the way, what language are you guys coding in?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

May 07, 2014, 11:16:19 PM #76 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:17:17 PM by Sammi Husky
Just so people know, BrawlBox, BrawlLib and Ikarus are all Programmed in C#.

So if anyone who knows C# wants to contribute they can easily fork the repo on github, code in your improvements or what have you, then send a pull request where we can review it etc etc

Also, knowledge of python can be useful for making quick and dirty guesses at data structures.
I can decode a complicated multilevel file MUCH faster using python than I will ever be able to do using C#.

SSE IS GOING DOWN!

I have very little knowledge of Python and almost none in C#

BUT, I'm majoring in CS so hopefully I'll be able to give you guys a hand in the future.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I wish I had more to offer than a couple of semesters in C++, but I really got nothing to contribute at the moment. :|

So here I am. Waving my poms poms.

Go team go

Time to hit the books and learn some stuff. Ikarus is something that has a whole bunch of potential and it's def something I'd want to help with some time in the future. Good luck in the meantime, y'all.

Did somebody mention Ikarus and Brawlbox saving movesets?

The code the old Brawlbox uses to save moveset files is horrendous. I'm sure it's the culprit of any problems you might have, as it actually rewrites the entire moveset file and PSA doesn't. I was planning to completely recode it in Ikarus.

It's messy, complicated and doesn't reproduce the same file exactly. I'm also completely sure a lot of the moveset file's structure is dictated by the REL file (or some outside source), as there is literally no official indication of structures being there or not, what they are, their lengths, etc.

In the meantime for Ikarus, instead of rebuilding the moveset file altogether, it might be more beneficial to do what PSA does and remap anything edited & longer to the end of the file, along with scanning for FADEF00D fillers to use for new data in old locations within the moveset so that it doesn't bloat in size.

I also think the incompatibility between PSA and Brawlbox is that Brawlbox writes the section list in a different order, and PSA slaps new data at (almost) the end of the file.

Luckily for you guys, I already reverse engineered the entirety of the moveset file (here, here, here, and here), so don't let that work go to waste.

Goodness. BB development has been revived. Nice.

*stalks follows thread*


Quote from: Dantarion on May 07, 2014, 11:31:06 PM
Also, knowledge of python can be useful for making quick and dirty guesses at data structures.
I can decode a complicated multilevel file MUCH faster using python than I will ever be able to do using C#.

SSE IS GOING DOWN!

I should really look into python lol. I hear it's much simpler/easier to pick up then alot of other languages. I'm just glad allot of these SSE files follow the same basic structure and are relatively easy to mess with in just a hex editor.

I got the BLOC file to initialize all subfiles and such, but i can't get it to recognize them as individual nodes with their own filetypes. For example, right now i'm just initalizing them as Generic BLOC entry nodes, and having them set their name based on the first 4 bytes in their header, which is their filename..I have the files necessary to recognize the GDOR header, you can even just open the raw GDOR file in bbox, but i can't for the life of me get it to recognize that the BLOC entry is actually a GDOR file  :(

The good news is that you can export these bloc entries individually as well regardless of the individual size of the entry, but i haven't implemented saving any changes made after replacing one of them yet.

(Also, don't look at the images for BLOC sub files, they are only there to make testing easier on my eyyyeess)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

so its now official milk has gone bad BB is alive again!

nice progress Sammi :3 cant wait to test it out!
Stupid Tinypic :C

libertyernie I a favor to ask. Can you give the model viewer an option to toggle vertex colors on or off & make the SCN0 & CLR0 animations have effects when you play those & make the model viewer show mipmaps as well?

Quote from: E-scope12 on May 08, 2014, 06:09:36 PM
libertyernie I a favor to ask. Can you give the model viewer an option to toggle vertex colors on or off & make the SCN0 & CLR0 animations have effects when you play those & make the model viewer show mipmaps as well?
that would be a complicated task just to enable shaders in model viewer mate..
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: E-scope12 on May 08, 2014, 06:09:36 PM
libertyernie I a favor to ask. Can you give the model viewer an option to toggle vertex colors on or off & make the SCN0 & CLR0 animations have effects when you play those & make the model viewer show mipmaps as well?
I doubt it - I have no idea how the model viewer works :|

Quote from: E-scope12 on May 08, 2014, 06:09:36 PM
libertyernie I a favor to ask. Can you give the model viewer an option to toggle vertex colors on or off & make the SCN0 & CLR0 animations have effects when you play those & make the model viewer show mipmaps as well?
I'm not working on the model viewer, but I do know it uses legacy GL functions to work...

managing vertex colors IS possible using legacy GL, but it requires a hack to update the material per vertex...

what I'm waiting for is someone to get the TEVs working :P
(you don't need GLSL shaders to do this)

in any case, I'm glad someone else is working on Brbx :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: libertyernie on May 08, 2014, 09:32:36 PM
I doubt it - I have no idea how the model viewer works :|
I see.

I realize now that BrawlBox2Maya requires a bit of changes to BrawlLib to work, I have verified with Eternal Yoshi that it is bug free now, and it includes my dae+anim -> FBX mel scripts that I use for importing into UE4 as well!

I will probably get that in there this weekend or so.