BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I figured it out. It doesn't like the shader from the semi-transparent model. Material works fine and textures corrupted in-game, but when I import the damn shader and hit save, BB crashes.

srsly tabuu... am i the only 1 not having issue's replacing a shader that uses alpha transparency? besides an odd crash i did from testing ur theory, but only had 1 crash and that was about it. since then i was able to replace the material and shader 10 times w/o any issue's..

does ur BB crash, or does it give an error?
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on December 30, 2014, 03:17:16 AM
srsly tabuu... am i the only 1 not having issue's replacing a shader that uses alpha transparency? besides an odd crash i did from testing ur theory, but only had 1 crash and that was about it. since then i was able to replace the material and shader 10 times w/o any issue's..

does ur BB crash, or does it give an error?

Just crashing. I did "Add New Shader", replaced it with the shader from the alpha texture, and hit save. All I did.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on December 30, 2014, 03:19:22 AM
Just crashing. I did "Add New Shader", replaced it with the shader from the alpha texture, and hit save. All I did.
what i did was add a new shader, linked said material (that will be replaced) to the shader, then i hit save. re-opened the model and replace shader and material and saved fine.

try doing it like that.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

December 30, 2014, 03:25:07 AM #424 Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 03:38:05 AM by Tabuu Forte Akugun
.....I think that might have worked. :O Guess BB hates orphaned shaders.

EDIT: Thanks, Mike. Actually LOOKS like a fairy now. XD

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Crashing... no backtraces.
I don't know how to debug with M$ .NET, but if you have mono installed on your computer, run this command from the command line:
mono /path/to/brawlbox.exe --debug
, and crash BrawlBox, a backtrace will be printed in the console with line numbers, function names etc (if there are debug symbols in the executable). This will help the developers of BrawlBox track down the problem.

By the way, this is how I found out what was causing BrawlBox to crash on Macs.

Quote from: uyjulian on December 30, 2014, 03:49:23 AM
Crashing... no backtraces.
I don't know how to debug with M$ .NET, but if you have mono installed on your computer, run this command from the command line:
mono /path/to/brawlbox.exe --debug
, and crash BrawlBox, a backtrace will be printed in the console with line numbers, function names etc (if there are debug symbols in the executable). This will help the developers of BrawlBox track down the problem.

By the way, this is how I found out what was causing BrawlBox to crash on Macs.

https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/tree/DebugLog

This is a branch i was working on before the release. It's just a debug output console when BBox is started with -d or /d. Hopefully in the future it will help us debug things, and others see exactly where the problem is. Right now, there isn't any backtraces. Just event printouts. But backtraces will definitely be printed to the log in red when things are more complete

Sammi, where is the item data for sudden death stored in stages? I wanted to change it so the stage would spawn active Pokemon instead of bombs.


Quote from: Blazingflare on December 31, 2014, 04:26:50 AM
Sammi, where is the item data for sudden death stored in stages? I wanted to change it so the stage would spawn active Pokemon instead of bombs.

Not entirely sure where it is stored specifically. Im also not too sure if everything 100% works right yet. Though i see no reason it shouldn't, since files are being rebuilt exactly the way they should be. In any case, i think the sudden death mode items are spawned from a group in the common table contained in common3. under itmCommonGen/item Generation/table[0]/group[4] if i remember correctly

thats great to hear that the module editor will get an update :3
Quote from: Sammi Husky on December 31, 2014, 08:37:22 AM
Not entirely sure where it is stored specifically. Im also not too sure if everything 100% works right yet. Though i see no reason it shouldn't, since files are being rebuilt exactly the way they should be. In any case, i think the sudden death mode items are spawned from a group in the common table contained in common3. under itmCommonGen/item Generation/table[0]/group[4] if i remember correctly
isnt it inside the Sora_melee aswell? o: I remember seeing it there
Stupid Tinypic :C

January 01, 2015, 06:12:38 AM #430 Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 06:14:11 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on December 26, 2014, 08:10:10 PM
So I went to start using .74 for animating, and when I went to view an animation... Well, I'll let the pictures tell what happened.
[spoiler]

When it originally was like this

In .71. Any ideas?

Fixed

Quote from: pikazz on December 26, 2014, 08:33:02 PM
also, I am using Windows 8.1, but someone it always resize itself to smaller and gives me bad font. how do I prevent this for happen? o:
Try this
Quote from: libertyernie on May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM
On my laptop (Windows 8.1) with its high-DPI display, viewing any model - whether in the model previewer or the bottom-right panel of the main window - causes the program window to shrink to 1:1 pixel size. This can be avoided by disabling DPI scaling in Properties > Compatibility for BrawlBox.exe.

Quote from: Ashley and Red on December 26, 2014, 11:26:44 PM
Also, when importing aimations from Marios Sports Mix, they show up as "CHR0" instead of their names, and as 0 frame animations
Fixed

Quote from: SMFan on December 27, 2014, 12:46:10 PM
The vertex editor is gone as well. When I press the J key, the bottom panel closes instead of switching to the vertex editor.
Fixed

Quote from: Ridley on December 28, 2014, 03:22:07 PM
I can't open new version at all. It just closes itself before it even shows up. How to fix that?
Not fixed, I have no idea

Quote from: Bakuryu on December 28, 2014, 04:44:20 PM
When I click the update thing it downloads and update and makes the directory "currentfolder"/v0.74 which then contains all the files I already had in the "currentfolder" + the update it download, which I can install again if I want and if I hit the update thing again it repeats this infinitely.
Do you have any idea why it's asking you to update when there is no update?

Quote from: secretchaos1 on December 29, 2014, 05:22:10 AM
When using the newest version all of my LZ77/ExtendedLZ77 compressed archives are displayed as uncompressed even though they actually are compressed.
Fixed

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on December 30, 2014, 01:10:41 AM
Is there a way to make it so semi-transparencies can be added without crashing BB? Not really a request, more like wondering for convenience.
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on December 30, 2014, 03:19:22 AM
Just crashing. I did "Add New Shader", replaced it with the shader from the alpha texture, and hit save. All I did.
Can't really seem to reproduce this, so... not fixed? Saving an unlinked default shader works, saving an unlinked replaced shader works, saving a linked default shader works, saving a replaced linked shader works...

Did it work in the most recent version?

Quote from: DSX8 on December 29, 2014, 12:35:36 PM
oh i forgot to mention this bug... if a material/mesh is using more than 1 texture, and u hide the first texture, no other texture shows, which just becomes a texture-less model in model viewer.
Well the textureless thing isn't a bug, but I get what you mean. Brawlbox only loads the first texture because it really needs to render shaders to display ALL of them at once, but I think I can have it show the next texture if the disable the first.

You also mentioned adding bone checkboxes back, so there's that too.



These changes will be in the next update, by the way.

I agree that there does need to be a code into the program to render the shaders used in the shaders section along with the materials so that we can preview the one's that will be used in the game when it's edited.

Quote from: Brandondorf9999 on January 01, 2015, 06:47:56 PM
I agree that there does need to be a code into the program to render the shaders used in the shaders section along with the materials so that we can preview the one's that will be used in the game when it's edited.
I Would love it too Except it Would take months and possible years to do! That render stuff isnt Easy to do!
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 29, 2014, 08:00:57 AM
There isn't an update at the moment, so that's probs why it's looping infinitely.

What's your OS? Is it 32 bit or 64 bit? Do you have .NET 4.5.1? What's your computer's locale (language)? Also, right click the exe, go to Properties->Details and double check that it says BrawlBox v0.74 and all that, just in case.

For now, you can just turn off automatic updates under Tools->Settings->"Check for updates on startup" 

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit, looks like I have .NET 4.5.50709. English is the language. It does says 0.74 in the properties so that checks out to.

Quote from: Bakuryu on January 02, 2015, 07:23:07 PM
Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit, looks like I have .NET 4.5.50709. English is the language. It does says 0.74 in the properties so that checks out to.

Be sure that the language AND the locale are set to english (i.e lang. english, locale US, UK  etc), because my locale is set  to japanese, while language is brazilian portuguese...