Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 69
Author Topic: BrawlBox v0.78  (Read 635837 times)
Tabuu Forte Akugun
Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #420 on: December 29, 2014, 08:12:40 PM »

I figured it out. It doesn't like the shader from the semi-transparent model. Material works fine and textures corrupted in-game, but when I import the damn shader and hit save, BB crashes.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #421 on: December 29, 2014, 08:17:16 PM »

srsly tabuu... am i the only 1 not having issue's replacing a shader that uses alpha transparency? besides an odd crash i did from testing ur theory, but only had 1 crash and that was about it. since then i was able to replace the material and shader 10 times w/o any issue's..

does ur BB crash, or does it give an error?

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #422 on: December 29, 2014, 08:19:22 PM »

srsly tabuu... am i the only 1 not having issue's replacing a shader that uses alpha transparency? besides an odd crash i did from testing ur theory, but only had 1 crash and that was about it. since then i was able to replace the material and shader 10 times w/o any issue's..

does ur BB crash, or does it give an error?

Just crashing. I did "Add New Shader", replaced it with the shader from the alpha texture, and hit save. All I did.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #423 on: December 29, 2014, 08:21:14 PM »

Just crashing. I did "Add New Shader", replaced it with the shader from the alpha texture, and hit save. All I did.
    what i did was add a new shader, linked said material (that will be replaced) to the shader, then i hit save. re-opened the model and replace shader and material and saved fine.

try doing it like that.

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #424 on: December 29, 2014, 08:25:07 PM »

.....I think that might have worked. :O Guess BB hates orphaned shaders.

EDIT: Thanks, Mike. Actually LOOKS like a fairy now. XD

« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 08:38:05 PM by Tabuu Forte Akugun » Logged

uyjulian
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #425 on: December 29, 2014, 08:49:23 PM »

Crashing... no backtraces.
    I don't know how to debug with M$ .NET, but if you have mono installed on your computer, run this command from the command line:
    mono /path/to/brawlbox.exe --debug
    , and crash BrawlBox, a backtrace will be printed in the console with line numbers, function names etc (if there are debug symbols in the executable). This will help the developers of BrawlBox track down the problem.

By the way, this is how I found out what was causing BrawlBox to crash on Macs.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #426 on: December 29, 2014, 10:00:36 PM »

Crashing... no backtraces.
    I don't know how to debug with M$ .NET, but if you have mono installed on your computer, run this command from the command line:
    mono /path/to/brawlbox.exe --debug
    , and crash BrawlBox, a backtrace will be printed in the console with line numbers, function names etc (if there are debug symbols in the executable). This will help the developers of BrawlBox track down the problem.

By the way, this is how I found out what was causing BrawlBox to crash on Macs.

https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/tree/DebugLog

This is a branch i was working on before the release. It's just a debug output console when BBox is started with -d or /d. Hopefully in the future it will help us debug things, and others see exactly where the problem is. Right now, there isn't any backtraces. Just event printouts. But backtraces will definitely be printed to the log in red when things are more complete

Blazingflare
    Mega Kitten

Beep Beep Beep Boop

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #427 on: December 30, 2014, 09:26:50 PM »

Sammi, where is the item data for sudden death stored in stages? I wanted to change it so the stage would spawn active Pokemon instead of bombs.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #428 on: December 31, 2014, 01:37:22 AM »

Sammi, where is the item data for sudden death stored in stages? I wanted to change it so the stage would spawn active Pokemon instead of bombs.

Not entirely sure where it is stored specifically. Im also not too sure if everything 100% works right yet. Though i see no reason it shouldn't, since files are being rebuilt exactly the way they should be. In any case, i think the sudden death mode items are spawned from a group in the common table contained in common3. under itmCommonGen/item Generation/table[0]/group[4] if i remember correctly

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #429 on: December 31, 2014, 04:43:31 AM »

thats great to hear that the module editor will get an update :3
    Not entirely sure where it is stored specifically. Im also not too sure if everything 100% works right yet. Though i see no reason it shouldn't, since files are being rebuilt exactly the way they should be. In any case, i think the sudden death mode items are spawned from a group in the common table contained in common3. under itmCommonGen/item Generation/table[0]/group[4] if i remember correctly
    isnt it inside the Sora_melee aswell? o: I remember seeing it there

Stupid Tinypic :C

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #430 on: December 31, 2014, 11:12:38 PM »

So I went to start using .74 for animating, and when I went to view an animation... Well, I'll let the pictures tell what happened.

When it originally was like this

In .71. Any ideas?

Fixed

also, I am using Windows 8.1, but someone it always resize itself to smaller and gives me bad font. how do I prevent this for happen? o:

Try this
    On my laptop (Windows 8.1) with its high-DPI display, viewing any model - whether in the model previewer or the bottom-right panel of the main window - causes the program window to shrink to 1:1 pixel size. This can be avoided by disabling DPI scaling in Properties > Compatibility for BrawlBox.exe.

Also, when importing aimations from Marios Sports Mix, they show up as "CHR0" instead of their names, and as 0 frame animations

Fixed

The vertex editor is gone as well. When I press the J key, the bottom panel closes instead of switching to the vertex editor.

Fixed

I can't open new version at all. It just closes itself before it even shows up. How to fix that?

Not fixed, I have no idea

When I click the update thing it downloads and update and makes the directory "currentfolder"/v0.74 which then contains all the files I already had in the "currentfolder" + the update it download, which I can install again if I want and if I hit the update thing again it repeats this infinitely.

Do you have any idea why it's asking you to update when there is no update?

When using the newest version all of my LZ77/ExtendedLZ77 compressed archives are displayed as uncompressed even though they actually are compressed.

Fixed

Is there a way to make it so semi-transparencies can be added without crashing BB? Not really a request, more like wondering for convenience.

Can't really seem to reproduce this, so... not fixed? Saving an unlinked default shader works, saving an unlinked replaced shader works, saving a linked default shader works, saving a replaced linked shader works...

Did it work in the most recent version?

oh i forgot to mention this bug... if a material/mesh is using more than 1 texture, and u hide the first texture, no other texture shows, which just becomes a texture-less model in model viewer.

Well the textureless thing isn't a bug, but I get what you mean. Brawlbox only loads the first texture because it really needs to render shaders to display ALL of them at once, but I think I can have it show the next texture if the disable the first.

You also mentioned adding bone checkboxes back, so there's that too.

These changes will be in the next update, by the way.
    « Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 11:14:11 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

Brandondorf9999
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Hyperactive Contributor Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #431 on: January 01, 2015, 11:47:56 AM »

I agree that there does need to be a code into the program to render the shaders used in the shaders section along with the materials so that we can preview the one's that will be used in the game when it's edited.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #432 on: January 01, 2015, 01:56:59 PM »

I agree that there does need to be a code into the program to render the shaders used in the shaders section along with the materials so that we can preview the one's that will be used in the game when it's edited.
    I Would love it too Except it Would take months and possible years to do! That render stuff isnt Easy to do!

Stupid Tinypic :C

Bakuryu
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #433 on: January 02, 2015, 12:23:07 PM »

There isn't an update at the moment, so that's probs why it's looping infinitely.

What's your OS? Is it 32 bit or 64 bit? Do you have .NET 4.5.1? What's your computer's locale (language)? Also, right click the exe, go to Properties->Details and double check that it says BrawlBox v0.74 and all that, just in case.

For now, you can just turn off automatic updates under Tools->Settings->"Check for updates on startup" 

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit, looks like I have .NET 4.5.50709. English is the language. It does says 0.74 in the properties so that checks out to.

Ashley and Red
    Lol Kitten

AKA Mougeki Mero (Retired/Doing mods for Personal)

• Awards Heart Container >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #434 on: January 02, 2015, 02:48:44 PM »

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit, looks like I have .NET 4.5.50709. English is the language. It does says 0.74 in the properties so that checks out to.

Be sure that the language AND the locale are set to english (i.e lang. english, locale US, UK  etc), because my locale is set  to japanese, while language is brazilian portuguese...

Pages:  1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 69
    Print
    Jump to: