Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 69
Author Topic: BrawlBox v0.78  (Read 639075 times)
Wolfy76700
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #825 on: August 11, 2015, 03:17:53 PM »

I'd like to report a major bug happening when editing PAT0 mappings with the latest version of BrawlBox: When trying to edit mappings, the program messes up the whole PAT0 file... Previous versions of BrawlBox, namely v0.68c do not have this bug.

DSX8
Stage/Character Importer
Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #826 on: August 11, 2015, 03:23:11 PM »

hmm... i've had no issue with PAT0 making, and i was making yesterday, no troubles with it at all.

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

E-scope12
    Extreme Kitten

Turnabout Storm

• Awards Famous Hacker RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #827 on: August 12, 2015, 11:52:07 AM »

When i viewed a model with v0.76b and i load a scn0, the objects that have transparent materials disappear.

E-scope

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]
    [/url]

seijinshu
    Advanced Kitten

I make high quality content.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #828 on: August 12, 2015, 03:23:30 PM »

Hello. I think we should get a native Linux port of Brawl Box.

I am getting the following error from Brawl Box when trying to open any Pac file. This error came up when I tried to open PM Fox:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
     at BrawlLib.SSBBTypes.ARCFileHeader.get Length () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
     at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ARCNode.OnPopulate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
     at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.get Children () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
     at BrawlBox.BaseWrapper.OnExpand () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
     at BrawlBox.ResourceTree.OnBeforeExpand (System.Windows.Forms.TreeViewCancelEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
     at System.Windows.Forms.TreeNode Expand (Boolean byInternal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
     at System.Windows.Forms.TreeNode.Expand () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
     at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.TreeNode.Expand ()
     at BrawlBox.MainForm.Reset () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
     at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) BrawlBox.MainForm.Reset ()
     at BrawlBox.Program.Open (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Does BrawlBox even read files in an EXT4 file system? It seems to not load the file since it can't read it's name hence the <filename unknown>:0 on almost every line.

Meow Meow comes the Fat Cat...

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #829 on: August 13, 2015, 11:19:29 PM »

Any chance of a tutorial on the weight editor tool?

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #830 on: August 14, 2015, 12:30:41 AM »

Any chance of a tutorial on the weight editor tool?

Alright, I can write up a small one to help you out. It's similar to 3ds Max's rigging tool, just with a few less features Tongue

1. Open up a model in the viewer and enable vertices by pressing V.

2. For bones, there are three main approaches to selecting them, depending on your preference. You'll be selecting bones to change weights for vertices.
       - You can enable selecting them on the model itself by pressing B.
       - You can make the bones render smaller so they're less in the way by going to Options->Settings->General and checking "Scale bones with camera" and "Display bones as points".
       - You can disable rendering them on the model altogether and use the bone list on the right panel instead (make sure the dropdown on the top of the right panel says "Bones"). You can show all the bones in the order they appear in the model by checking flat at the top, or show them in their hierarchy by unchecking flat. You can also search for bones with the textbox, and check "Contains" to return any bones with the search query in their name. Otherwise it will return bones that start with the search query.

3. This is an optional step but I highly recommend it. You can disable showing the transform tool used to translate, rotate and scale vertices and bones by changing the dropdown on the top right of the control to "None". It's not needed for weight editing and you don't want to accidentally change a bone or vertex's position while changing weights.

4. Apply an animation to the model or else you won't be able to see any weight changes you make. You can create an animation just for rigging or you can use an animation used in the game to really see how the model looks overall while animated.

5. Open the weight editor by pressing 9 or clicking on Tools->Weight Editor.

6. Click on a vertex or select multiple by either clicking and dragging or holding ctrl and clicking on multiple.

It's possible to accidentally select vertices that are hidden, on the other side of the model, or in the exact same position as the one you're trying to select, so double check (I probably should've added text that says how many vertices are selected but oh well). Selected vertices will be orange, as long as you can see them.

7. All bones that influence the vertex or vertices you selected will show up in the weight editor. Now select a bone, either from the list in the weight editor, from the list on the right panel, or one rendered on the model (if you have them visible).

Vertices around the bone you selected will light up in colors ranging between red and blue. Blue means the bone you selected has a small influence on that vertex (the vertex moves with the bone only a little bit), red means the bone has either a high influence or completely influences that vertex (the vertex will just move with the bone).

NOTE that if you select multiple vertices, the list of bone weights in the editor will show the average influence of the bone on all of the selected vertices, not just one of them.

8. Next comes changing the influence of the bone you selected. This is done with the buttons to the right of the list in the weight editor. You will be able to see any changes you make immediately update any vertices you have selected.

Each bone can have anywhere between a 0% influence on a vertex to 100%, and the all weights in the list must add up to 100%. If you try to change something that would result in breaking those rules, the change either won't be made or your inputted value will be clamped between 0 and 100 before being set, so keep that in mind.

- "Set" will change the selected bone's influence on the selected vertices to the value in the box next to it. This is best used if you want to rig an entire set of vertices to one bone at the same time.

- "+" or "-" will add or subtract the value in the box next to them to/from the influence of the selected bone. This is best for quickly nudging vertices over larger distances at a time.

- "x" or "/" will multiply or divide the influence of the selected bone by the value in the box next to them. This is best for nudging vertices over smaller distances at a time.

- "Lock" will make the selected bone's influence never change while you edit. Other bone weights will be changed to make sure all weights add up to 100%, but if the bone is locked then it won't. However, if all bones in the weight list except the one you're editing are locked, you won't be able to make any changes.

- "Remove" is the same thing as setting the weight value to 0, which will remove the influence of that bone completely.

9. Lastly, if you select a bone that's not in the weight list, your only options are to set a weight or add to the weight ("Set" and "+"). That will add the selected bone to the list of weights that influence the selected vertices.
    « Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 12:05:25 AM by BlackJax96 » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #831 on: August 14, 2015, 08:41:58 AM »

Woah, BrawlBox can edit weights now? Which versions can do that? Because I'd want to utilize that to be able to fix non-perfect imports without having to re-rig them(since I import with Blender, my method involves having to rig the model from scratch or it will explode)

Grin

Unkown Kokiri
    Extreme Kitten

stage importer and exporter

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer Diamond in the Rough

« Reply #832 on: August 14, 2015, 12:14:25 PM »

videos on the rigging stuff please <3.<3
    « Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 12:17:07 PM by Unkown Kokiri » Logged

i have a new site click here to check it out
    http://mrhalloweencreations.wix.com/-unkownkokiri

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #833 on: August 14, 2015, 10:53:36 PM »

videos on the rigging stuff please <3.<3
    I second this

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Program
    Hyper Kitten

If it were easy, everyone would do it.

• Awards Favorite'd Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #834 on: August 18, 2015, 11:01:02 PM »

Okay, I have a question. Most likely I misunderstood what the weight editor could be used for, however, before you ask yes I read the tutorials thoroughly. So, Peach's sleeve is weighted to about five bones on this model when it needs to be weighted 100% to Rshoulderjb.
    I selected the vertices then Rshoulderjb. I figured that "Set" would work since I was trying to rig an entire group of vertices to a single bone (I didn't know what number to put in the field so I tried several). However, I can't get any results... It doesn't mater what settings I change or buttons I press nothing happens. I'm probably doing something dumb and I know this isn't a help thread, but no one else really knows how to use this at the moment. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #835 on: August 19, 2015, 12:34:08 AM »

Yeah, apparently due to a dumb compiler mistake, the weight editor worked when I tested it in debug but not when I switched the compiler to release and uploaded it. >_>

Hotfix 2 incoming. <_<

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #836 on: August 21, 2015, 11:01:11 AM »

Hello.

I'm having problems with importing / setting shine materials on this new BrawlBox. It seems to mess up shine shaders, no matter what I do, they mess up.

Hubert Oswell
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #837 on: August 22, 2015, 08:30:22 PM »

I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but when using the weight editor, vertices would sometimes translate to a different space. The Transform tool was set to None.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #838 on: August 23, 2015, 12:38:55 PM »

can u do weight edits while the character is in an animated  key frame, as in the fitmotion file loaded?
    sorry if this has been adressed

spongeman131
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #839 on: August 26, 2015, 03:46:57 AM »

Have the settings used for importing/exporting changed in recent updates?

I get an "ArgumentOutOfRangeException" whenever I try to import a model now (occurs when remapping materials). This never happened before and my import/export settings on 3DSMax that worked fine with v0.71 and earlier haven't changed. Usually it's because I forgot to cut/copy the skin or took it off the wrong model but I'm 100% positive that that's not the case.

Some edits last week were giving me the same issue and I thought I must have messed up during the editing process somehow but after it happening again tonight I'm sure it's not a coincidence.

EDIT: Going back to v0.71 is not giving me any problems importing the exact same file v0.76 was complaining
    about.

EDIT2: Looks like this is already a reported issue so hopefully it gets fixed soon!
    « Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:06:45 AM by spongeman131 » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 69
    Print
    Jump to: