BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

March 15, 2016, 09:30:03 PM #885 Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 12:41:00 AM by E-scope12
I have an idea for Brawlbox. I was thinking that for the scn0 editing in model viewer that we should add a attatch button by selecting a bone then attaching it and then playing the animation to create a lighting moving animation in the model viewer to attach a stage light to a bone. Another idea that I have is that we should import model.nud files from Smash Wii U into Brawlbox with the GLSL Shaders if it is possible.

I'm using WineBottler to run BrawlBox and I can't use the advanced model editor. Is there a fix? (I bundled it into an app with dotnet 4.5)

April 22, 2016, 02:51:44 PM #887 Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 02:53:09 PM by Agent One
I have been having problems with Brawlbox v0.63b. I know this is not the most recent version, but it is the last version to project visual hitboxes since Blackjax "Ikarus" never got off the ground. I recently got into character modding, and I've downloaded some custom character mods to replace other characters in the game. I took up modding to try and balance custom characters to be less over powered. When I try to save, the program crashes. Is there any way to fix this or a different program? I have been using Smash Attacks to alter the characters, but its impossible to know what that data looks like in-game without visual aid.  

Sometimes characters that were edited strictly with PSA will not be able to be opened, saved, or both with BB v0.68b.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Not sure if it's just me or not, but sometimes, animations in latest version look different from how they are in older versions (0.73 and below) and in the game. This can range from some minor clipping to limbs going ape[censored] instead of properly going from one pose to another. This is very annoying because there are several features and fixes in latest version that are not present in older versions, but i can't just safely make animations without having to fix something.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but every single time I ever use the weight tool in BrawlBox .76b and save, if I re-open the file, it'll vertex the points that I re-weighted to some random spot, and this drives me nuts, especially since it only does it after saving. Does anyone know of a fix?

Its been a while since we had a new version of Brawlbox. I already came up with some ideas.

Post Merge: May 01, 2016, 11:59:51 PM

Its been a while since we had a new version of Brawlbox. I already came up with some ideas.

May 05, 2016, 09:38:11 PM #892 Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 06:04:57 AM by Ebola16
Major error: Brawlbox v0.76b crashes when attempting to replace common3.pac's sora_menu_sel_char.rel

I filed an automated error report for this too.

I'd like to see this fixed!


Solved in v0.77
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Hey guys.

So I wanted to do something with the Halberd stage and Meta Knight. I opened the Halberd stage in the advanced model editor (or whatever it's called). Then I opened Meta Knight under the files tab on the right section. At first, I didn't see him. I looked inside the Halberd, however, and I could see Meta Knight. I want to know, is there a way to move Meta Knight, so that he is above the Halberd? Like, translating all of Meta Knight instead of just one bone? Or is there a way to select all of the bones?
\"Can\'t let you do that, CarFox.\"<br />--CarWolf

You could probably translate whichever bone is Meta Knight's root bone; i.e. For regular fighters, it's the TransN or TopN, but in this case, probably a hip bone or something.

Quote from: windhunter7 on May 06, 2016, 05:12:13 PM
You could probably translate whichever bone is Meta Knight's root bone; i.e. For regular fighters, it's the TransN or TopN, but in this case, probably a hip bone or something.
Thanks, man! This really helped me, so now I can make accurate size measurements. :D

Oh yeah, and the bone for MK is also TopN.
\"Can\'t let you do that, CarFox.\"<br />--CarWolf

May 07, 2016, 01:14:19 AM #896 Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:51:12 PM by sluigi123
Quote from: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on April 30, 2016, 11:18:40 AM
Not sure if it's just me or not, but sometimes, animations in latest version look different from how they are in older versions (0.73 and below) and in the game. This can range from some minor clipping to limbs going ape[censored] instead of properly going from one pose to another. This is very annoying because there are several features and fixes in latest version that are not present in older versions, but i can't just safely make animations without having to fix something.
I've been at that problem for a while now as well. I hope that this gets fixed in a future update. It's best to use 0.67 for animations.

Brawlbox just auto-updated to v0.77 for me, however I now get an error message "Unable to find Octokit.dll" upon opening a file type that has been associated with Brawlbox. If I execute Brawlbox directly then this error does not occur (Octokit.dll is in the same directory as Brawlbox v0.77). Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I'm always glad to see a new Brawlbox update though!
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Go ahead and delete it and redownload off the vault, I updated the download exe but it's not a full hotfix release since I caught it so soon.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 10, 2016, 06:34:27 AM
Go ahead and delete it and redownload off the vault, I updated the download exe but it's not a full hotfix release since I caught it so soon.

The vault download did not have any problems. Thanks for your support! Also, if I find further issues with Brawlbox would you prefer them to be reported on this thread or on GitHub?
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!