Project: Super Smash 4 - Cliché Q&A (11/14/2014)

Started by Junior64570, August 21, 2014, 05:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Posting third party pictures on threrads: Safe.

Posting third party pictures on your submission: Muy muy malo.

Oh, okay. I just really care about this thread and the project I want to be careful.
More Mario progress on my previous post! (saving room on imgur)

Quote from: Junior64570 on November 03, 2014, 10:57:27 PM
I... don't know. Try exporting Marth's model as a DAE, then open up 3dsMax. Click "Reset" on the top-left corner's drop down menu, THEN import his model. I think it will work. :)
Edit: Also try de-saturating the clothes a little bit.

Edit again: I've learned how to do textures like Smash 3 does with GIMP! I'll no longer be needing Photoshop! (Though still it's easier to use and more professional and... you get it)

Post Merge: November 03, 2014, 11:37:44 PM

Mario progress!

I know it's just solid color for now, but that's part of the texturing process. If you look at Taiko's Smash 3 tutorial you'll see what I mean.

Edit: More detail on the sleeves, I will work on him more tomorrow.  :)
Nice base so far. I never understood gimp, but it has issues when resizing images.

Quote from: Junior64570 on November 03, 2014, 10:44:06 PM
Ha, though usually I don't like telling people they did something wrong, I guess when I'm honest it can really help. :D
Welcome to leadership!
Also everyone here is eager to learn and to improve, Im sure you'll help then a ton by doing that more often.

I like this thread, feels friendly. Its not getting shut down if you follow this steady pace.

Oh, one more thing! I may not be a KCMM mod (the forum side), I know alot of forum rules... so if you feel usure about posting something PM or post a question to me here.

November 04, 2014, 01:17:41 PM #723 Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:01:40 PM by ShadowLuigi~NG~
Feel free to use any of the Sm4sh characters I have already done, however, Olimar looks more like his 3DS counterpart due to my inexperience at the time.

Charizard WIP
[spoiler]


How's this for the next build?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

November 04, 2014, 04:39:12 PM #725 Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 05:34:21 PM by Junior64570
Quote from: Scout on November 04, 2014, 03:37:57 AM
Nice base so far. I never understood gimp, but it has issues when resizing images.
Welcome to leadership!
Also everyone here is eager to learn and to improve, Im sure you'll help then a ton by doing that more often.

I like this thread, feels friendly. Its not getting shut down if you follow this steady pace.

Oh, one more thing! I may not be a KCMM mod (the forum side), I know alot of forum rules... so if you feel usure about posting something PM or post a question to me here.
Thanks! You've been a big help to this project. ;)

Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on November 04, 2014, 01:17:41 PM
Feel free to use any of the Sm4sh characters I have already done, however, Olimar looks more like his 3DS counterpart due to my inexperience at the time.

Charizard WIP
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Looks nice!
Charizard is way better than my previous one. :P
You should make its teeth and claws a bit more white though.

Lucas looks cool, too. Once he's finished, may I do the recolors?
Try using some pictures of Wii U Ness to make them match more.

EDIT: I finally found the perfect colors for Mario's red! He'll be done soon! (Of course, after the PSA and Recolors)

I was gonna do Lucas :'(

Aw well, I suppose i cant do everything,

Also, Mario's colors should be darker, Specifically the blue. Because Brawl adds saturation and lighting by its self. Think of it this way.

Dark Blue = Blue
Blue = Briiggghhttt Blue.
hai

I know, it's not done that's just the "shapes" Smash 3 does. :)
I'll work more on the overalls when I perfect the first texture.

Just putting this here, is it ok if i claim characters to do?

Also, I had an idea for Little Mac's wireframe form.

Once we get coders, We should make it so when you hold a button when pressing a stage, He becomes Wireframe Mac.
hai

Actually Real, that's a good idea. We probably SHOULD claim the characters we do. Oh yeah, sorry about doing Lucas. In fact,  :P it was because you did Ness I did Lucas. Anyways, more progress!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The skin looks weird... The lighting on stages will make it look white. I tried with Ness before Real did way better of a job on him than me. Also desaturate the yellow and red a little bit too. The jeans are an improvement, and the hair could also use some work, give it more color.

Quote from: Junior64570 on November 04, 2014, 06:51:38 PM
The skin looks weird... The lighting on stages will make it look white. I tried with Ness before Real did way better of a job on him than me. Also desaturate the yellow and red a little bit too. The jeans are an improvement, and the hair could also use some work, give it more color.

To be 100% honest, The skin needs work. But like i said above, Dark Colors look better in game. So we dont know what the final outcome is. Great work, I like it!
hai

I darkened the colors a bit, and added more detail. :)

Tell me what you think. I also made the overalls darker as well as the shirt/cap.


Quote from: Junior64570 on November 04, 2014, 07:20:58 PM
I darkened the colors a bit, and added more detail. :)

Tell me what you think. I also made the overalls darker as well as the shirt/cap.


Verrryyy nice. Looks alot like the new game, Cant wait to see the final result!
hai