Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 49
Author Topic: Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)  (Read 243866 times)
Soneek
Extreme Kitten

BRSTMizer/Model Importer

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: August 02, 2015, 12:24:36 PM »

So, as some of know, I've been successful in loading custom content in Smash U. Dantarion and I are the only people that have been working on the game. If you have any specific questions that aren't in the FAQ, post them here, and I'll answer it if it's impossible for you to find out on your own.

FAQ
    Q1: How are you able to load custom files?
    A1: There is a program called Cafiine written by Chadderz that can load custom files through a network connection. I'm looking into adding SD card loading support, since Smash seems to be the only game that actually mounts it (for pictures), and because loading through the network takes ages depending on what you're loading. The entire game compressed is under 12 GB, so a 16 GB SD card will be useful in the future. You also need a kernel exploit for your Wii U, which is currently closed source and private. I'm on the testing team for the exploits, and I'm not allowed to hand it off to others right now. Please be patient. I can test hacks for you in the meantime.

Q2: How are you getting around Smash's dt00 and dt01 archives?
    A2: I'm using the game's patch engine to do this. I am editing the resource(us_en) file in a Smash update's patch folder to have the correct file sizes, and also flags to load files outside of those "packed" archives. I am also appending the patchlist file with any custom files I'm inserting.

The music was the easy part, and the format has been downloadable on Brawl Custom Music for most of this year (same format in both 3DS and Wii U music). I will write a BRSTM to Smash NUS3Bank converter for less porting of songs, since that's exactly what I implemented into BCM. Important music notes are below:

Audio notes for Smash U
    The music and SFX format for Smash U/3DS is Namco's IDSP variant of Nintendo's DSP ADPCM codec. These IDSP files are all stored in NUS3Bank archives. The music archives contain only 1 IDSP file, but the SFX, Announcer, Palutena's Guidance, and Starfox conversations have multiple IDSP streams contained in one archive. I'm working on a script in Python to inject these NUS3Banks, but I would be more than happy to give specs to someone that wants to work on a GUI for this.

The song IDs are mostly retained from Brawl, so they've been adding onto it. The only huge difference is that Snake's sound ID (S) is now Megaman's.

My Music tables are editable, and there are slots for menus as well. I was able to add a 2nd song to the Results Display Screen table, so I currently have it swapping between the default song, and the new SSB Credits remix with equal probability. The only problem is that it doesn't show up in the My Music display menu, but it takes effect. The music tables are also editable for Master Hand/Master Core in Classic mode. If you delete those table entries, it'll select a normal Final Destination song, and play it without changing music, even when changing from Master Hand all the way to Master Fortress.

Song titles are editable, as well as source games, and sound test descriptions for EVERY song. We don't have to worry about shared source games like we do with Brawl. I would need help creating a GUI for this.

I can edit textures
    I did a model swap, placing Chrom's model from Robin's final smash over a Marth slot. It sort of worked, and there's a lot to fix.

One big thing I need to learn about is the model format, and I'm reading RandomTBush's maxscript for importing Smash U models into 3dsmax. I want to start off small, and test vertex hacks. If anyone wants to help out with this, we can work on a vertex injector.

12/13/2015 Notes:
    My personal current to-do list, and help is welcomed:

BRSTM to NUS3Bank script
    Finish offline NUS3Bank inserter/appender
    Add extra SFX clips to voice/SFX NUS3Banks, then load through animcmd/sound.bin files
    Add and display song titles, source game, and descriptions for additional song slots (involves sound/config/bgm_property.mpb, ui/message/sound.msbt, and param/ui/ui_sound_db.bin)
    Finish patch resource modifier to load any custom file with proper flags
    GUI for managing music files, My Music settings, and song titles, etc.
    Update Smash Custom Music website to generate sound.msbt file based off template lists

To be done by someone:

Convert models to editable format, modify, then reinsert (use RTB's maxscript as a reference)
    Finish subroutine hash table for PSA related stuff (use dantarion's site and Sammi Husky's tool as current reference)
    Figure out stage collision data
    Animations (.omo files)
    GUI for texture editing (for now needs texconv2.exe, but hoping to move to non-SDK tools)

Documentation at OpenSA Wiki

I have a lot of clarifying to do on stuff, since I've mainly been writing scripts with no looking back, just to make sure I can get things working. If anyone has any specific questions, let me know and I'll answer as well as I can.
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 06:38:05 PM by Soneek » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 12:32:45 PM »

Happening Level: [IT'S]

I hope moveset editing becomes a thing. I would be glad to edit files for testing if moveset editing comes under way and if there's a said way to make edits.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

DrPanda
    Special Access

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 12:34:23 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHeP9Sve48" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHeP9Sve48</a>

Hero ©
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic PC Core Gamer Pin Collector 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 01:23:27 PM »

Oh hey, I was watching you on twitch yesterday or Friday, it was pretty cool Azn.

Anyways, good luck with your progress, would love to see a guide on adding custom songs when the exploit is ready for release.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 08:58:03 AM »

This thread has made my Monday a beautiful morning, lol.

I will definitely get involved once the music and stages area develops more.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 06:43:32 PM »

Speaking of moveset editing, thanks to SammiHusky, it's possible, but I just need testing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/179zukguna9f9pi/body.zip?dl=0

The character in this test is Captain Falcon. The only edit I made was making the third part of his jab do 10 damage, rather than 5.

If anyone is able to test this for me, please provide results.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Soneek
    Extreme Kitten

BRSTMizer/Model Importer

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 07:38:58 PM »

Speaking of moveset editing, thanks to SammiHusky, it's possible, but I just need testing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/179zukguna9f9pi/body.zip?dl=0

The character in this test is Captain Falcon. The only edit I made was making the third part of his jab do 10 damage, rather than 5.

If anyone is able to test this for me, please provide results.

I have to wait for my 2nd console to come in the mail before I test, since my current one stopped loading webkit code for some reason.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 07:50:12 PM »

That's fine. I can wait.

I know you said the exploit is closed source, but is there a page in which we can see/read its progress?

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Soneek
    Extreme Kitten

BRSTMizer/Model Importer

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 08:30:38 PM »

There's really only the Wii U Hacking and Homebrew Discussion on GBATemp.

One thing I do wanna do with the animcmd files is to try and load non-existent sound IDs. I have a feeling we shoud be able to add IDSP entries to NUS3 archives. I have my IDSP builder finished, and my source will be on Github later for anyone that wants to implement the process. It's easier than the process of building a BRSTM from scratch.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 01:59:36 PM »

I don't expect anyone and everyone to follow Soneek on YouTube, but you [censored]ing should! Specially if you're interested in this subject and want to kept in the loop. This is a hacking forum after all.

Anyway, most recent video is below:

<a href="http://youtu.be/j8DS99mnQFM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/j8DS99mnQFM</a>

It has the general music hacking, as well as some more model hacking/imports.

This time, Chrom is over Ike, and of course that's a much better fit.

In the video you'll find other imports such as Blaziken over Captain Nipple and Shadow over Sonic.

This video answers a let of my questions such as the imports being a 1-slot, and also being able to have the original character at the same time of the import. A resemblance to Brawl hacking.

The legs issue is still at hand, but I'm assuming this can be fixed and it is just a rigging/bones issue with the model.

#Discuss

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 02:41:41 PM »

Notice how Chrom's legs only mess up when in Idle or similar poses.

It might have something to do with slope events.

As for moveset editing, I would try something more advanced if the Events were further defined. (Looking at you, Sammi. <:v)

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 04:01:18 PM »

Holy crap. I'm subbing to this [censored], yo.

Soneek
    Extreme Kitten

BRSTMizer/Model Importer

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 04:16:37 PM »

One thing to note, most characters will have different models for 4 player matches and 8 player matches by default. I'm researching with Dantarion to see if we can add more music slots, and hopefully costume slots too.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 10:00:49 PM »

Notice how Chrom's legs only mess up when in Idle or similar poses.

It might have something to do with slope events.

As for moveset editing, I would try something more advanced if the Events were further defined. (Looking at you, Sammi. <:v)

Made these same assumptions too.

THis post pretty much sums up my thoughts :v

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 12:58:27 AM »

Holy crap. I'm subbing to this [censored], yo.

Why would you say crap then later on same sentence say [censored]? lol.

One thing to note, most characters will have different models for 4 player matches and 8 player matches by default. I'm researching with Dantarion to see if we can add more music slots, and hopefully costume slots too.

Wheat? Very interesting. Keep us updated.

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 49
    Print
    Jump to: