Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)

Started by Soneek, August 02, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Soneek on December 07, 2015, 01:02:53 AM
I can do testing on the Wii U version again finally.

You're just now getting your Wii U that you bought on Ebay shipped from somewhere in Asia!? Damn.

Quote from: Soneek on December 07, 2015, 02:12:45 AM
I had issues using Animcmd on the latest files, so I'm doing manual edits for now. So far I got Falcon saying YES every time he tries the Fair, coins popping up when Mario does up tilt, Attack13, grab hit, flame effect when hitting properly with Fair, and reduced the hit lag from 1 to 0.5. Marth's 3rd side special down hits downwards.

I can mainly help with trying and documenting stuff for now

Very interesting. Love reading progress like that, and would love to see it live on Youtube even more,

Quote from: ItalianStallion on December 07, 2015, 04:32:48 AM
You're just now getting your Wii U that you bought on Ebay shipped from somewhere in Asia!? Damn.

Very interesting. Love reading progress like that, and would love to see it live on Youtube even more,

The one I ordered back then actually was on too high of a firmware, so I'm giving it to a friend lol. I just got this latest one on Friday.

Quote from: Soneek on December 07, 2015, 02:12:45 AM
I had issues using Animcmd on the latest files, so I'm doing manual edits for now.

Manual edits as in hex editing?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It started out manually hex editing, but I wrote a script to modify stuff for me. Right now I've just made every meteor smash in the game have a flame effect, to look like actual falling meteors. I'm actually reducing the hitlag time everywhere. Any move that don't have any effects tied to them are getting some neat effect who's origins I'm unaware of. I'll do a vid if my SD card behaves tonight.

Flaming Meteor Smashes. This I've got to see.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Leilani on December 08, 2015, 12:38:33 AM
Flaming Meteor Smashes. This I've got to see.

Indeed. *Whistles* Would love to see that.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

I would just love a Smash Wii U character animation viewer for the PC. :) I need to reproduce them XD

Quote from: Soneek on December 07, 2015, 09:06:01 AM
It started out manually hex editing, but I wrote a script to modify stuff for me

More indepth information about this would be swell. Regardless if you give it or not, it's nice to see how much work has been done. Good job!


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sources for fighter subaction information are at Dantarion's site. By eyeballing it, the 3DS and Wii U subactions looked identical, aside from reverse endianess. I need to verify this though.

I'm adding more documentation to the main OpenSA wiki, specifically for audio related stuff now. I haven't had a chance to test anything since yesterday, but I'll see if I can do the meteor smash video.

New video with different model swap attempts - https://youtu.be/RP23SDy6yWg

Quote from: Soneek on December 08, 2015, 04:33:57 AM
New video with different model swap attempts - https://youtu.be/RP23SDy6yWg

I saw this earlier today, I'm subscribed to your channel.

Please keep up the amazing work, and stay motivated!

Thanks, and I'll try! I'm finished with exams after next week, so I'll have more time to work on everything. I'm doing a stream tonight with edited attack effects, and hopefully some other neat things. 8 PM EST at the BrawlBRSTMs Twitch page.

If anyone has firmware 5.3.2 and an SD card available, I can help get the testing environment set up for custom patches. It's not fully tested with all files, but I at least know my method breaks right now with extracted param files. I can help you migrate your Brawl BRSTMs to the Sm4sh format.

December 10, 2015, 04:47:44 AM #71 Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 04:51:59 AM by DarkLordRS
It's worth noting that a lot of similar moveset-related stuff has already been done with 3DS ACMDs, including everything Mario can do in the air spiking except for forward air, a glitched DK-to-Pikachu swap, Mii Gunner with an utterly hilarious projectile output, glitchy Foxco (with a fox base), nerfed Greninja (all hitboxes are now weak windboxes), and more utterly stupid things.

there's a melee fox already in progress, as well as halved framedata shulk and melee falco, all by different people. praise sm4shcommand

Wait, Sm4shCommand works with 3ds files as well?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Dang.. me and being on 5.5
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



IIRC SM4SHCOMMAND was built for the 3DS files first anyhow, only to find they're literally the same on both versions.

I [censored] you not on that, really - 3DS still has the params and acmd hashes for swimming, something that you never access on 3DS ever