Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: There will be the option of 3DS and Wii U sword trace. Which one should Cloud primarily have?
3DS Trace
WiiU Trace

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13
Author Topic: FINISHED! Project Smash 4 Cloud 100% Completed (for now!)  (Read 121712 times)
5una~
Hyper Kitten

May the Triforce be with you.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2016, 11:04:56 PM »

This mod is truly one of my most favorites it has been awhile since something of this caliber has been this fun and impossible to stop playing with.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 11:08:03 PM by 5una~ » Logged

Lawliet
Hyper Kitten

Life's a puzzle.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #46 on: September 19, 2016, 09:10:23 AM »

I knew it would be worth the hype!

#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
    A girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0

Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
    Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

RedipsTheCooler
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: September 19, 2016, 12:42:17 PM »

can i betatest?

Xirvet
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: September 19, 2016, 07:00:14 PM »

It depends on how much I plan on adding to Cloud. Thanks to Xirvet, now Cloud has the option of an English, or Japanese SFX. It'll also have a Brawlex version too, and I planned his SFX there to be over Master Hand.
    And like I told ya, I can redo an eglish pack for BrawlEx too :p

NoWon1196
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: September 23, 2016, 05:52:48 AM »

This is amazing

5una~
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: September 25, 2016, 01:39:41 PM »

Please do pardon if this is irrelevant but I just wanted to say thanks for the Cloud test build it is very fun to play with and I hope things are going well on your end. 

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: September 25, 2016, 03:15:41 PM »

Now, i want to test your Cloud build as well, i've played with multiple cloud builds in the past, and had a chance to play the original Sm4sh cloud before, and very much preffered that moveset, i'd like to play with it, and provide general feedback. If that is permissiable.

Lawliet
    Hyper Kitten

Life's a puzzle.

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2016, 05:41:28 PM »

Progress report:

Cloud's been gong smoothly, and has a new sword trail, as well.
    Currently working on separating Blade Beam from Cloud(like Lucas's PK Fire not being connected to the ThrowN bone)

A girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:

5una~
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: September 25, 2016, 10:55:46 PM »

If you ever need anything else tested and what not look me up.

NoWon1196
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: September 26, 2016, 01:19:56 PM »

If you want, I could test it as well

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: October 03, 2016, 03:23:25 AM »

Okay, after a few hours of play testing, i have a conclusive analysis of the Sm4sh Cloud.

First off, i love the devotion to the replication of a moveset. I found some issues, but i'll discuss those in a minute.

The character is EXTREMELY fluid, it feels extremely different than what i remember (mind you, i haven't played Smash4 in forever.)

Okay, i'm going to touch on the animations.
    I feel the taunt, and winning animations are really stiff and awkard.
    I had a hard time discerning any actual combat based animations, they seemed perfectly fine as far as i could tell.

Oh lord, is cloud a monster, i decided to import him into my current BrawlEX build. and fight off against some PM characters. Cloud is really fast, and agile. with his variety of multi hit moves, he is extremely punishing.
    The main problem i think the character has, is mostly End lag, he has decent start up lag, but his end lag is so minimal, to the point where i can finish off a move, then immedietely go into my next move. i was able to hold people down in spots. But this was mostly pertinent with his smashes, rather than his specials.
    his specials actually, are perfectly fine, well in start up and end lag zones. one of his specials is extremely confusing.

Now, to report on an error. the Down Special does not work that well.
    I would go into Down special, and wait for an enemy to hit me with ANY move. the moment i was hit, i got full charge, and could dish out some EVIL justice. but, it wasn't always guaranteed either. most of the time, if the enemy hit me, the counter would reset, i think. I'm not sure how this move is supposed to work. i mean, i understand what it's supposed to do, but i'm not sure how it's actually working under the hood. either way, it doesn't work as i think it's supposed to.

Onto the moveset visuals.
    I enjoyed most of the visuals that the moveset had to offer, the flowing bright green sword trail. how you got the Cross Slash working. (although i wish it could visual look better, but 64x64. you are quite limited.)

On all of the moves, the Down-B's visuals look... squished, rather than being a rectangle,  it's forcing itself to be a square. (again 64x64) Couldn't you make it more rectanglish to get that FF7 ui feel down much better? not sure what the appropriate would be i'm pretty sure you could 64x32. also while poking through your PSAs texture files, to see how you did things. your Excitebike 0, is the only one where you have translucent background. on the rest of them, you left the edges with black spots.

Now onto some suggestions.
    I think cloud's damage is perfectly fine. i find his End lag to be a problem, and the Down Special is proving quite difficult. now i think he moves perfectly well, his recovery is just fine. I don't know if he's supposed to be this much of a damage out put monster or not, it may what he is in Smash4, but i was able to decimate a lot of people. but he is quite easy to use, and is extremely fun.

Also, bring Kingdom Hearts 1, and Kingdom Hearts 2. Cloud Costumes, i prefer Kingdom Hearts 1 more, but i think a KH2 would be appreciated by others. Maybe work on some of the stiff/akward animations. so far it's an amazing start and i definitely can't wait for the final product.

NoWon1196
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: October 03, 2016, 06:33:23 AM »

I really love the mod. Though my only question is when will you guys add the smash 4 imports?

The_Meta_iSP
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: October 03, 2016, 12:14:51 PM »

Hi, do you mind if I also get my hands on the test build? You obviously don't have to, but thanks anyways.

Lawliet
    Hyper Kitten

Life's a puzzle.

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2016, 07:09:29 PM »

First off, i love the devotion to the replication of a moveset.
    Three-Four months of work provides a lot, especially with Cloud.

I enjoyed most of the visuals that the moveset had to offer, the flowing bright green sword trail. how you got the Cross Slash working. (although i wish it could visual look better, but 64x64. you are quite limited.)
    Cloud's pac. file has been pretty big, so I was trying to keep it under 500 KB, in case. I found a new Cross Slash graphic recently, too.

Now, to report on an error. the Down Special does not work that well.
    I would go into Down special, and wait for an enemy to hit me with ANY move. the moment i was hit, i got full charge, and could dish out some EVIL justice. but, it wasn't always guaranteed either. most of the time, if the enemy hit me, the counter would reset, i think. I'm not sure how this move is supposed to work. i mean, i understand what it's supposed to do, but i'm not sure how it's actually working under the hood. either way, it doesn't work as i think it's supposed to.

If you put it in PM, maybe it could be the issue, because of the different variable system.

Though it was my first try at float variable adding, so it could have a few bugs or so.

I really love the mod. Though my only question is when will you guys add the smash 4 imports?

One of the users is currently working on them, so I'm currently waiting for those to come out.

Also, thanks for the suggestions and critique, guys. Most of these issues should be very easy to fix before release.

Smash 4 Cloud Project:

spiritpyros
    Extreme Kitten

justice will prevail

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: October 03, 2016, 07:34:18 PM »

zeus if your trying to lower file size I would suggest re animated any ported animations cause the animation files also factor into how much file size a character can take this will be important to take note of if you decide to use the smash 4 models
    « Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 07:36:32 PM by spiritneox » Logged

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13
    Print
    Jump to: