Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 33
Author Topic: Vertex Hacking: Advanced Techniques  (Read 125635 times)
Sanitys_Theif
Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• Awards Constructive Hyperactive Contributor Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #90 on: June 11, 2010, 11:56:51 PM »

It won't let me add them now but before they didn't look like that, I tried the import raw vertex function, it says done but nothing shows up, I could show you the vertex points without the model

EDIT: I have to go to bed now, I'll show you tomorrow, sorry it's just I've been up 22 hours now and I'm really tired
    « Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 12:02:13 AM by Sanitys Theif » Logged

Yoshiboshi3
    Extreme Kitten

Hey guys im yoshiboshi3 i maik vertex hacks

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #91 on: June 12, 2010, 12:02:44 AM »

So it wont let you import the 3ds Dasdonkey made?

Yeah, I guess go ahead and show me....

EDIT: Its ok, take your time. I know the feeling XD
    « Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 12:33:25 AM by Yoshiboshi3 » Logged

STILL BETTER AT VEXING THAN TEXING

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #92 on: June 12, 2010, 12:42:12 AM »

Screw it, this is going to bother me so I'll upload these at least:

Here's the raw vertex points:

And here's what I get if I continue the rest of the steps:

What is this!? The hair's not even touched

Yoshiboshi3
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #93 on: June 12, 2010, 12:46:38 AM »

Screw it, this is going to bother me so I'll upload these at least:

Here's the raw vertex points:

And here's what I get if I continue the rest of the steps:

What is this!? The hair's not even touched

Holy lord....

Uh, ok. I dont have much to tell you except make sure you're following the tutorial exactly from the video, or POSSIBLY check out my text guide, it's in the tutorials section titled "Yoshiboshi3's Epic Fail" (I got some trollers on it) as it is in text and may be easier to understand. I'm not really a master at this, I've simply completed it unlike a few people here, so I try to help.

Maybe you should just wait for Mariokart to post here and help you.....and Mariokart, can you please tell me where this facemorpher script is? PLEASE?

EDIT: I see in the screenie you're using the old version of his code. Copy the code from the 3rd post I think, its more effective.
    « Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 12:48:33 AM by Yoshiboshi3 » Logged

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #94 on: June 12, 2010, 12:52:36 AM »

You mean the script code? I thought the one on the OP was the same, if not I'll try that tomorrow, if that doesn't help then I'll look at your guide, if I still can't, then I give up until DDVB V2 is released

Yoshiboshi3
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #95 on: June 12, 2010, 12:53:43 AM »

You mean the script code? I thought the one on the OP was the same, if not I'll try that tomorrow, if that doesn't help then I'll look at your guide, if I still can't, then I give up until DDVB V2 is released

Changed my guides name to Yoshiboshi3's vertex guide for easier finding. Wish you luck :/

Oh yeah, and DDVB V2 should be epic win and solve both our problems Cheesy
    « Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:02:12 AM by Yoshiboshi3 » Logged

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #96 on: June 12, 2010, 02:42:45 PM »

Bad news, I tried it again with the new script, got the exact same results, I'll try using your guide now

EDIT: Anyone else notice how the directions say NEVER CONVERT TO EDITABLE POLY, yet in the video, after the model is patched, it clearly says on the righ bar EDIT POLY MODE

Massive Confusion FTW?

When I click patch model it automatically puts it into edit poly mode and has vertex points selected Im srs here

EDIT 2: WTF!! Now it won't let me pick anything for the morpher when I click on choose from scene, I'm clicking on the patched model but it won't let me choose it ****
    « Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 04:05:49 PM by Sanitys Theif » Logged

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

• Awards King for a Day 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #97 on: June 12, 2010, 04:37:51 PM »

When I do this I get a mdl0 that doesn't even work >_>

LookItsLink
    Look-Its-'Nother-Addiction
    Special Access

mhmm.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container Staff Helper

« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2010, 04:42:06 PM »

Bad news, I tried it again with the new script, got the exact same results, I'll try using your guide now

EDIT: Anyone else notice how the directions say NEVER CONVERT TO EDITABLE POLY, yet in the video, after the model is patched, it clearly says on the righ bar EDIT POLY MODE

Massive Confusion FTW?

When I click patch model it automatically puts it into edit poly mode and has vertex points selected Im srs here

EDIT 2: WTF!! Now it won't let me pick anything for the morpher when I click on choose from scene, I'm clicking on the patched model but it won't let me choose it ****

There's something in the code that sometimes adds vertices to the polygon after you patch. You can't select it because the number of vertices in the polygon isn't the same as the number of vertices in the raw vertex set.

mariokart64n
    Hacker & 2D/3D Modder
    Supreme Kitten

All Hail To The Mario Baby!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #99 on: June 12, 2010, 04:48:43 PM »

yeah, DDV2 should remove the need for using any script by me.  no doubt a few people are beta testing it since nobody should technically know about it and I keep seeing mention of it O_o

but anyway try to beg borrow and steal the beta or wait till it's officially released.

I can create another video explaining and fixing all these problems with alternate work arounds, but whats the point? DDV2 will eliminate the need for any script.

I posted my findings and a basic video in the beginning just to give everyone an equal stance on the current methods. those who have the comprehension of how to use max would have no doubt benefited from the script prior to the DDV2 release.

Personally I find the script allows you to work with a faster work flow, over using 3rd party apps outside of max. so I'll be continuing using it, over DDV. however both will accomplish the same means in the end. one or the other won't be any better, and will suffer from the same problems.. with the exception of the EditPoly Glitch.. which I'll need to fix.

its gonna burn having to take up my weekend scripting, but seems there's a need for a fixed script.

Luka Megurine by mariokart64n
    [Character-ImportModel-Zelda]

Yoshiboshi3
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #100 on: June 12, 2010, 05:03:29 PM »

Massive Confusion FTW?

There's something in the code that sometimes adds vertices to the polygon after you patch. You can't select it because the number of vertices in the polygon isn't the same as the number of vertices in the raw vertex set.
    When I do this I get a mdl0 that doesn't even work >_>

Well you appear to have messed up somewhere :/

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #101 on: June 12, 2010, 05:08:41 PM »

Massive Confusion FTW?

Damn, I have a feeling I'm gonna have the same problems even with DDV2, I mean look at my post with that picture I posted, the hair's not even changed the slightest and the body is completely screwed up. What the hell happened there? It happens EVERY TIME, I triple check every step each time and the result is the same so it's not me who's doing something wrong

I'm not mad at anyone, I'm just raging because I get like this when things don't work out despite other people having it work and I've been trying like 15 times with the same result as always

dark sonic 19
    Supreme Kitten

Luigi Time!

• Awards Favorite'd Famous Hacker Heart Container Ninja

« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2010, 05:33:40 PM »

hay mariokart64n i need 3ds max 2009 2008 not working for me

Yoshiboshi3
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #103 on: June 12, 2010, 05:36:42 PM »

Massive Confusion FTW?

Damn, I have a feeling I'm gonna have the same problems even with DDV2, I mean look at my post with that picture I posted, the hair's not even changed the slightest and the body is completely screwed up. What the hell happened there? It happens EVERY TIME, I triple check every step each time and the result is the same so it's not me who's doing something wrong

I'm not mad at anyone, I'm just raging because I get like this when things don't work out despite other people having it work and I've been trying like 15 times with the same result as always

Sanity-do you have a program called skype? I really wanna help you and I think I can if I can watch your screen while you do stuff, which skype can do.

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #104 on: June 12, 2010, 06:25:47 PM »

Sanity-do you have a program called skype? I really wanna help you and I think I can if I can watch your screen while you do stuff, which skype can do.

I'll have to download it, I'll look for it and I'll be on later today or tomorrow if you still want to help(which I really appreciate)

I have to study a bit for my summer mid-terms but like I said later tonight or tomorrow would be good

I can create another video explaining and fixing all these problems with alternate work arounds, but whats the point? DDV2 will eliminate the need for any script.

I posted my findings and a basic video in the beginning just to give everyone an equal stance on the current methods. those who have the comprehension of how to use max would have no doubt benefited from the script prior to the DDV2 release.

Personally I find the script allows you to work with a faster work flow, over using 3rd party apps outside of max. so I'll be continuing using it, over DDV. however both will accomplish the same means in the end. one or the other won't be any better, and will suffer from the same problems.. with the exception of the EditPoly Glitch.. which I'll need to fix.

its gonna burn having to take up my weekend scripting, but seems there's a need for a fixed script.

If the method with your script has a better flow, then I'd like to know that, it doesn't sound like DDV2 will be out soon, but I'd like to know both methods because I'm having one hell of a tough time with this for some reason
    « Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 06:28:37 PM by Sanitys Theif » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 33
    Print
    Jump to: