Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33
Author Topic: Vertex Hacking: Advanced Techniques  (Read 125673 times)
Hamzr Bruh
Expert Kitten

You spin me right round, right round...

• Awards Hyperactive Contributor Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #465 on: October 08, 2010, 10:05:14 PM »

Need help with the Dae thing!

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #466 on: October 09, 2010, 12:33:58 PM »

Hey, I downloaded 3DS Max 11 trial version and I didn't get a key code to activate the product. It won't install 3DS max at all. I can run the installer now, but it won't do anything past that....?

Quanno
    Hyper Kitten

Collapse, Sakanade.

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #467 on: October 10, 2010, 03:04:42 PM »

You need to use a unedited .pac file. Try dragging the pac on ais or try  'open with'.

Hey, I downloaded 3DS Max 11 trial version and I didn't get a key code to activate the product. It won't install 3DS max at all. I can run the installer now, but it won't do anything past that....?

Nothing illegal at all? Tongue

3ds max 2011 was known not to work good with vertexing, i saw somewhere (i think). Try 3ds max 2010.

Now, as for my question:
    I can't seem to make this right... I have the same problem as MarioKart, with Marth's right leg, but double patching doesn't seem to fix it. I have this problem for about a month right now. How'd you fix that??

GentlemanPotato
    Lol Kitten

Hey, wanna be in my gang?

• Awards Renowned Hacker Favorite'd Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #468 on: October 10, 2010, 06:00:19 PM »

You need to use a unedited .pac file. Try dragging the pac on ais or try  'open with'.

Not true, you just need to use a model that hasn't had any polygons removed.

alexhall
    Mega Kitten

JUST AS PLANNED!

• Awards RAGE!! Hot Topic Featured Famous Hacker

« Reply #469 on: November 01, 2010, 10:32:25 AM »

I can't seem to make this right... I have the same problem as MarioKart, with Marth's right leg, but double patching doesn't seem to fix it. I have this problem for about a month right now. How'd you fix that??

I have the same problem. For things like heads or other things that don't involve arms or legs, I can get them to brawlbox with no errors, but when it comes to exporting arms, legs, feet or hands, the right part of the model (left part if the model is facing towards us), gets messed up, like in the videos, so I "double patch" and it gets even worse ._.

Anyone knows how to solve it? D:

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #470 on: November 01, 2010, 11:13:13 AM »

Would it be possible to port ZSS's 'model" over to zelda through vertexing Cheesy if so can someone tell me how

IE: I mean the actual model for the character, not just reshaping zelda, though I'd have to add a polygon for the dress...

DrPanda
    Special Access

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #471 on: November 01, 2010, 11:45:38 AM »

I have the same problem. For things like heads or other things that don't involve arms or legs, I can get them to brawlbox with no errors, but when it comes to exporting arms, legs, feet or hands, the right part of the model (left part if the model is facing towards us), gets messed up, like in the videos, so I "double patch" and it gets even worse ._.

Anyone knows how to solve it? D:
    Keep patching?

Quanno
    Hyper Kitten

Collapse, Sakanade.

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #472 on: November 01, 2010, 03:57:03 PM »

If it makes it worse, it probably won't help at all, as i had the same problem.

Then I found this video by MarioKart, i followed it exactly and got it to work  Grin
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYXeXMmzlsk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYXeXMmzlsk</a>

But now I'm at a new problem... see this thread to see what I mean...
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=15714.0

Anyone?

MeleeMaster500
    Mega Kitten

The coffin has opened

• Awards Fiery Topic Famous Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #473 on: December 08, 2010, 04:08:37 PM »

Jigglypuff's body didn't have any work put into its uv map and i'm trying to change it, to give a little more control over the texture. the main issue is jigg's foot's coordinates (and hands and mouth) are occupying the same space as the body.

I'm just wondering if the script has implemented editing the uv coordinates via unwrap uv instead of importing the coordinates themselves ever since the tutorial was made for uv editing. cause it's much easier to isolate the feet coordinates when you can select them from the model itself. If not, that's still good to know.
    « Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:00:17 AM by MeleeMaster500 » Logged

V. 1.00

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #474 on: December 29, 2010, 07:17:40 PM »

Do textures not show up on 3DS MAX 9? Everything else seems to work fine, but the textures won't show up for me. I have exported every texture into the same folder with my dae, yet it still ignores them, leaving me with a randomly colored model in 3ds rather than the textured model. It isn't really stopping me from vertexing, but it would really speed up the process if I could get textures to show.

Beyond
    ♥God of Love

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

« Reply #475 on: December 29, 2010, 07:19:59 PM »

Do textures not show up on 3DS MAX 9? Everything else seems to work fine, but the textures won't show up for me. I have exported every texture into the same folder with my dae, yet it still ignores them, leaving me with a randomly colored model in 3ds rather than the textured model. It isn't really stopping me from vertexing, but it would really speed up the process if I could get textures to show.

You could always just drag the texture directly onto the model. Or press "M" to bring up the Materials editor and drag it into it's material slot.

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #476 on: December 29, 2010, 07:52:17 PM »

You could always just drag the texture directly onto the model. Or press "M" to bring up the Materials editor and drag it into it's material slot.
    I tried that, but it just seems to throw the texture on incorrectly. Wolf's arm's for example, it places the texture on them backwards it seems.

Chibikowskie
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

« Reply #477 on: January 13, 2011, 06:12:02 AM »

HEy i´ve have a question about this vertex methode, is there a way, for example to mirror  one half of the model to the oder side ? im mean for example a shoe that should seen the same like the other shoe? or must i do every part extra??

Quanno
    Hyper Kitten

Collapse, Sakanade.

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #478 on: January 13, 2011, 07:49:13 AM »

I think not, as most (all) of the models are asymmetric.

MeleeMaster500
    Mega Kitten

The coffin has opened

• Awards Fiery Topic Famous Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #479 on: January 13, 2011, 10:03:08 AM »

If anyone wants, I organized every character so that they're already imported and textured into 3ds 9. I also imported every vertex set into the appropriate files, had them renamed to include their offsets (for really easy exporting with brawlscript), and applied to the morpher modifier of some main objects.

basically an organized collection of every character where you dont have to import anything (besided double patching) and exporting is made easier too.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wt5saboyovvdbmn (all characters)
    or http://www.mediafire.com/?mrqt54mml3jj3 (individual characters)

(in total, all the files extract to nearly 900mbs, so watch out)

V. 1.00

Pages:  1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33
    Print
    Jump to: