Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14
Author Topic: Beta Twilight Princess Ganondorf w/ sword. update.  (Read 71031 times)
Quicksilver
Hyper Kitten

woof

• Awards Fiery Topic Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #75 on: September 22, 2009, 08:10:12 PM »

i should have elaborated. you cannot give characters diff movesets outside the hilariously unstable moveset swap code.

what you can do is give a character the Texture of another character. this literally means that the other character's texture is synked with the character's bones. i know what ur thinking but no, it actuially looks like the other character. legit.
    the problem is that special animations (B moves, taunts, swim, and throw) are unstable atm. and literally all the hitboxes need to be redone cuz the positions have been changed.

its very easy to try for urself. i would suggest falco-snake. take a falco texture (a custom one), and rename it FitSnake00.pcs .    then put it in Snake's folder. it worked for me.

anyway thatnks alot for the imput! honestly, with so many other commitments in my life and a non-functioning wii, this will be my first and last peice of art. im not doing master chief. wayy too busy. but ill finish up this project till its perfect.  (obviously wont be PERFECT untill u no longer need the code)

yeah the reason im using ISOs is because my wii's disk drive is shot. and the JPN disk does not work. i have tried everything. therefore, untill i can open up my wii to fix the disk drive and use the origonal disk, i will make nothing else.

ok as for the updates. im throwing out the light sword idea. ur right. that was a dumb idea anyway.

new VB will be a Counter like origonally planned. he will go into a Gerudo Razor from it.
    HOW IT WORKS: pres and hold down be. hell be locked in his sword-taunt animation. his cape will fly as wind spirals at his feet. this can be held for 11 Seconds max. then you go to a sheild-break animation (Ganon FORBIDS unbalenced cheapness)
    while holding down B, he will ignore all knockback, flinch, or effects. he will take the % from any attacks. but he will be unmovable and indestructable (think gigabowser minus the PWNage). he stays like that as long as u hold down B until 11 seconds are up.
    heres the spicy part. when u release B from holding downB, he launches his counter attack imediatly. his counterattack is a beefed up Gerudo Razor, with more things going on.

its not automatic like ur fancy-smancy fire emblem counter-attacks, but it gets the job done. ull manually have to trigger the attack tho. also, remember that he still takes % from this move.

because this animation is not an attack and the guard animation, i will removed it as a taunt animation and make his down taunt his old intro. (1% hitboxes. like WEEGEE's taunt XD)

i wanna have his down air working. i love the idea.
    new sidesmash will be his dash attack animation.
    new back air will be his sidesmash sword swing animation sped up.

also. i am gettig rid of the warlock punch and giving him a range move. its the same animationa as his warlock punch. special graphics and darkness spawns on his bones. he then does 1 of two things (depends if you change direction mid animation.)
    efect 1: i described in a previous post only instead of a Win2 animation, its his warlock punch animation. its an electric ball. the problem is that it cant be reflected because its not technicly a projectile. THat will be hard to make

effect 2: win2 animation stoping 2/3 in. spirals of dark energy shoot foward and damage/ hit enemys. think vBrawl Mario's Final smash, only it doesnt knock them back as it travels. offers no knockback, but it stuns them in a dark-ness hit animation. . good set up to a side B or a smash attack.

at the end of the spiral, a Hog-beast's head apears. that, if hit, does 999% and a gazillion knockback. it has 1 1frame hitbox on the COMPLEATE opposite side of the field. wont work on most stages. will probably only work on a custom stage or on SSBM temple where ganon is on the compleate opposite side of the field as the person being hit.

btw. the spiraling darkness effect will only have hitboxes about as far as the length of final destination. teh graphic will continue tho. does .7% per hit (average 3 hits?). the meam travels slowly so its easy to dodge, but its still good.
    phew. thill take a while. expect it by the weekend

I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
    (it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! Smiley

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• Awards Constructive Hyperactive Contributor Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #76 on: September 22, 2009, 10:16:10 PM »

It's sad to hear this will be your only piece of work, it's such an awesome PSA, but I understand how life goes

For your DownB counter idea, it's a great idea, but I see a possible problem, that counter-attack is gonna have to come out automatically and fast as hell just like Marths otherwise, the opponent will just hit you and block your counter-strike

Or if you absolutely have to make it that you have to initiate the counterstrike manually, then give the counter-strike very little startup lag so it'll be a guaranteed hit almost every time unless, you know, you're just terrible at timing, that's gonna have to be tested a lot, well I'm your guy, I'll give you feedback throughout upcoming updates

Another thing, if an opponent attacks with an aerial strike and you do the DownB counter, how would the counter-attack hit if their above you? Your gonna have to give that first strike in the counter attack a large hitbox otherwise you'll just be taking damage, then the whole idea of taking the damage but doing a counter will be for nothing, just be careful with this

That being said it's a good idea, especially the shield break after 11 seconds, however I'm worried about 1 thing, say someone initiates the DownB and holds it for 10 seconds, then lets it go, then immediately hits DownB again, what's going to happen? Will the counterattack-timer restart? If so then this idea isn't going to work out because people will just constantly re-activate the Counter when their percentage is high and spam counter attacks.

You need to make it like a gauge like the regular shields are in the game that will slowly refill as time passes while not using the DownB counter, and your going to need a way to make this gauge visible,whether it be a bar underneath you player icon, or have Darkness graphics while doing the down B resemble how much your darkness gauge is filled, If you gauge is filled completely, then when you do DownB, a lot of darkness will surround Ganon, and then fade as time passes, and say someone lets go at 10 seconds and reactivates the counter again immediately, the amount of darkness surrounding Ganon should appear as much as it was when they ended the counter at 10 seconds warning them they only have 1 second left, then the player will have to let the gauge refill

This is essential in balancing out the counter DownB move, if this can't be done, then I'll try to help think of some other ideas to balance it out, or come up with another move if it has to be done, as you've seen I already have one idea for DownB, one on the ground and a different one for in the air

I hate to ask but try to incorporate a spinning sword attack if it's possible for UpB on the ground, it would be so epic and faithful the the Twilight Princess Ganondorf battle

I'd like for the DownAir to work to, it's a great idea

Wait, for his sidesmash, are you going to change it to his running sword slash animation? Then what will the new running sword attack animation be? IMO the sidesmash sword attack animation is perfectly fine the way it is, I think a big swiping slash would be better than a stab, bigger hitbox to cover more ground

New BackAir sounds awesome, just don't make it so fast we can't see the sword slash lol

It'd be great if you could make the energy ball a projectile it would solve some problems, however I understand the limits of code editing, so one thing to note, if it's going to be an energy ball, would it be possible to have the hitbox only on the energy ball and not in the space between Ganon and the ball? Also, is Ganon going to be stuck in an animation until the energy blast disappears or would it be possible to have him fire it and then go do something else?

just some precautionary tips, just trying to help, let me know if I'm becoming a nuisance, it's just I love this PSA and want to help make it more awesome

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #77 on: September 22, 2009, 10:21:32 PM »

OK! got it! this should hold you for a while.  Angel
    got a counterattack down B! release B to initiate counter attack. until then ur invincible, but still take damage(see above post for details)
    down A mabe fixed? i forgot if i did anything.
    Fair fixed. sorry its not a compleate spike. while it would make him good, im adding alot to this guy and i dont want him to be too good (ill have to do a few other things but i think im close to balanced.) its close to a spike, but not exactly. its a 240 degree angle. not a 270, but still damn good.

up throw fixeded. left an easteregg for you to find if u can. at the end of his animation, i hid a hitbox in his mouth. go find out what it will do!  AWESOME 2.0!
    back air made alot weaker (worthless move anyway)
    up air is now a evil eruption. its really creative. there are 4 hitpoints like so(spread out tho):
     2      4

1: hits the opponent straight up. 7%. average knockback
    2: hits the opponent down and to the left 225 degree. 7% average knockback
    4: hits the opponent down and to the right 315 degree. 7% average knockback
    3: SPIKES the opponent. thats right. thats right. but its not what ur thinking. it wont just hit them down. o no. itll hit them down the same rate that ur falling out so u get a free midair swing at em on their way down if u hit them with this hitbox. in addition. the attack deals 19%!?!?! awesome!!! theres a catch. the attacks are intant reaction, so u can only be hit by 1 hitbox, thus making it hard to be hit by. also, the hitbox is very very smalll. his hand essentially needs to touch the person. good luck getting it!

gerudo razor fixeded

um... wat else....

O! i think i fixed the up tilt. ive said that b4, but ive got a good feeling about this one Smiley

oh yeah. idk if itll work but his down taunt, he should have meta knight's voice clip of him saying: "fight me"
    idk if itll work cuz its diff character's voice effects.

let me know how everything works! 

I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
    (it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! Smiley

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #78 on: September 22, 2009, 10:26:59 PM »

there u go. just updated the DL link. try it out.

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #79 on: September 22, 2009, 10:37:19 PM »

i had a spinning sword idea in mind. its hard to do tho but i have an idea. thats not gonna be for a while.

yeah 2 frames after initated, the counterattack begins. keep in mind that about 66 frames is 1 second. i think thats fast enough

no, the counter restarts every 11 seconds every time the down B is activated. i dont think i put that into the newest update. i just wanna see if it works. im new to button activations.

gerudo razor has comands on the button presses and the button releases. ull have to press slower in order to get more hits in. if u rush it, hell do a rushed attack.

made warlock punch stronger. it should've definitly been stronger in Brawl. it takes 3 seconds just to do!

i forgot to do a down B for the air. whoops!
    ill make it something entirely different. im thinking he does the sword-taunt, lightning comes down from the top of the stage (pikachus down B lightning only it goes thru platforms. its an effect so itll do no damage or anything. just for show), when the lightning hits his sword, the sword will start to glow (already figures out how), and mini lightning (the light that comes when you throw a pokeball), will spray off his sword and hit opponents. this move will REFLECT PROJECTILES. however, it will do so at a 60 degree angle. sheild block baby. clowds will gather at his feet and slow hit fall when he does this.

wheee!!!! im done for a while. ive gotta do HW. yay highschool!

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #80 on: September 24, 2009, 02:42:39 AM »

i ordered a tri-wing screwdriver! victory shall be mine!
    more importantly: info on new project. while ive pretty much accepted the fact that i will never get the sword working w.o the code, im optimistic that i can sync the code to a diff character. that means that i can def give other characters permanent, invisible beamswords to hold in addition to other items. why does this matter? 2 words: dual weild. thats right.  link is going to get pimped out. 2 energy swords, no shields. its gonna be fun on a bun.
    what i MIGHT be able to do (no idea one way or the other) is synck an article to hold permenently on the bone of the character's right hand. ex: snake always hold his rocket launcher, shiek always holding needles, peach always holding toad. ok it doesnt sound THAT interesting.

but heres the cool idea. falco having the arwing! just synk that to the dragoon ride animation. then have his final smash generate and pick up all 3 dragoon parts. falco will then say "personally i prefer the air", will then jump into an arwing, which he then flys into the enemy with (sry. no way to shoot yet). perfectly fair and balenced. and ACURATE. i HATE how he was given a landmaster.
    ive got nowhere else to post this cuz its not thread material yet. i just wanted to share cuz my schedual is random and its random weither or not i can update ganon. at least ull know im looking out for u falco style.

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #81 on: September 24, 2009, 09:03:02 AM »

I regret to inform you that the DownB counter works nothing like you said

-First off, you cannot hold the counter for 11 seconds, you actually can't hold it at all, I've tried holding Down and B, and holding just B, the counterattack comes out after a specific time automatically
    -Second, the counterattack is automatic, you cannot control when it comes out, theres a timer set after you start the counter animation(there's about 2 and 1/2 seconds) and then the attack just comes out automatically, it cannot be controlled
    -Third, the counter attack itself has no knockback at all, and during the time you attack the opponent, the opponent can just mash A and if they manage to throw a punch out, it'll negate your whole counterattack
    -Fourth, damage cannot be taken during the invincibility frames of the counterattack

I'm sorry to say this but it needs more work, if you can't get a controlled counterattack, how about making it like Marth's? Since we know it's possible for the counterattack to come out automatically, all you'd need to do is figure out how to make it come out right when you get hit, then all you'd have to do is fix the counter attack itself

Now on to more feedback:
    -DownAir still has that teleport glitch, nothing changed

-Fair, well the idea you have for it is fine, he doesn't need a complete spike, but the problem is you executed the angle wrong, the attack now actually drags the opponent towards Ganondorf, I've actually managed to hit opponents who were off the stage back on it! You put the angle in the opposite way you wanted AWESOME 2.0! It's alright, simple mistake, simple fix

-No offense but you completely screwed up his upthrow, it only does 1% damage and has way too much knockback(the opponent goes off screen and almost dies), it was perfect in your last update with 7% damage and less knockback

-I'm just curious, why did you nerf his BackAir? I can understand to balance him but I mean Ganondorf is supposed to be a powerhouse, how about making his BackAir a sped up side smash or make it some sort of sword slash so it'll have more range, and then keep it at the damage it is now so it'll be a weak strike with range, sounds more balanced than just killing one of his moves completely

-His Upair, GREAT IDEA, no I really mean it but, um.... It doesn't work.... at all, the attack animation is his regular upsmash(upwards kick) with his warlock punch effects attached to him, and then some weird green bars explode everywhere(it's an effect), the main problem is that THERE'S NO HITBOXES AT ALL, sorry but when I do the attack on someone they do not get hit anywhere

-Gerudor Razor, sorry but it's still the same, if you just hold A the combo comes out all fast and stuff and there's no knockback AND you can still cancel it out any time into another attack or even start the same A combo again for a cheap constant barrage of attacks, and the timing to get it working without holding A is still too small and weird that it's virtually impossible to do without just holding A

-Good news here, Uptilt works!... but it needs work, the hitbox is on Ganon's arm only, the sword just goes right through the opponent, you need to be pretty close to get it to work since the hitbox is only on Ganon's arm

-His down taunt does NOT have Metaknights voice effect, it's just him showing his sword and putting it away

-Try the spinning sword attack, it'll make him more unique and original

-Warlock Punch is overpowered, you only need to land 2 and the opponents dead, how about giving it more range and less damage on the outermost part and more damage if your closer

try this, make 3 hitboxes, one on the outermost part of the enlarged graphics effect(there currently is not one there, you still have to be pretty close to hit with the warlock Punch) and make it do 24%, then make another hitbox in the middle(closer to where the small ball of light is in the graphic effect) and make that do 32%, then give it one more hitbox basically on his hand and make that do 38%, if you get hit at that range with such a strike, you should be heavily punished, and vary the knockback between the hitboxes, obviously the weakest one should have the weakest knockback, this should make the attack more balanced

-DownB for the air sounds AWESOME Happy Face, it sounds like his 4 energy ball atrike from OOT

-A Link with dualwielding swords sounds insane, I'd try to finish this project first though

Oh and good luck fixing your Wii  Cheesy
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 01:21:49 PM by Sanitys Theif » Logged

sora899
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #82 on: September 24, 2009, 05:27:23 PM »

ok seriously QS tell me how to use PSA then me,you and Sanity can make PSAs as a group..what 1 cant do the other does  AWESOME 2.0! anyway....ZSS with a sword sounds cool...make it please  Happy Face...even if it just for show and doesn't actually attack with it...take out her gun...wait...CHAIN-SWORD!!!!!! that way it works you can put it on the whip and still use it...*I took Chain-sword from Signum from anime Nanoha StrokerS...*

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #83 on: September 24, 2009, 07:27:28 PM »

wow. im an idiot. thats kinda funny acutuially
    it got so messed up because i forgot to have my caps-lock on when i put in the code. sounds retarted but thats why everythings messed up (cept the down air, which is still a mystery to me)

everything that ive edited that didnt include copy/pasting got messed up in the last one. ill fix it for everyone tonight.
    as for the gerudo razor, im changing it so you tap and then B consecutivly.
    ill try to see if i can get Ganon to say "fight me"
    and ill depower the warlock punch. that one was bad judgement on my part. im gonna increase the % given, but keep the knockback, # of hits, and physics and all that the same.
    in addition, ill take a try at the sword code thing.
        ill do all that tonight. im sleeping at a friends house friday so ill actuially get to see my baby for myself for the first time. hope it doesnt suck as hard as i think it does.

btw. would any1 be opposed to having 2 diff final smashes? like if u hold L while doing it he does a diff move? his norm will be if u press B.

FS idea 1: i want to have a shadow-realm FS where he does a side be, darkness gathers around him. he grabs an opponent, and drags them inside a darkness portal, both dissapear, he then does his intro animation where he walks out of the portal. his victim has been instantly KOed. they loose a stock and respawn like normal.
    not exactly "good". but VERY awesome.
    FS idea #2: transform to Giga Bowser. XD
    FS idea #3: Sipirit Bomb. those of u know watched DBZ know what im talking about. hands up, chargining a HUGE LASER!. laser takes 7 seconds to charge (fires on 8 ).  while hes charging up, hell be intangible (takes %, no knockback. (dont worry, i kno how to do that. i just messed up). but that sucks right?. wrong. because while hes charging he spawns dark minions to distract ur opponents. 3 Weavile (the pokemon with the red fan-head) are droped from dark portal in the air. they then go to town annoing ur opponents. until....IMFRNLZHFS.

the funny thing is. im most tempted to go with the turning into Gigabowser idea.XD

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #84 on: September 24, 2009, 07:38:00 PM »

feel free to take my PSA and edit it to ur liking. i got my idea for the up smash from the Evil King PSA. its a give and take relationship. as long as u credit everyone involved on the final release, and tell every1 involved that ur releasing its cool.
    i would be more then ok if u wanna make ur own changes.

btw. i want to have an air attack with the sword. i cant find any animations for his back air to have a sword. ill have to look around. that will also help for the upB. (that ive actuially been working on. its hard. might have to leave that 1 alone till i get eveything else working

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #85 on: September 24, 2009, 10:08:42 PM »

ok fixed some stuff (i hope.)
    Gerudo razor required alternate AB taping. gotta go fast.
    down B i gave knockback. however, im afraid i made it too powerful. well see
    up tilt hopfully working correctly
    fixed/ altered up throw
    i think i fixed all the problems with the last update.
    new timing and stuff on sword moves. should be good.
    Warlock pawch fixeded

IMPORTANT i did an experiment. no idea how it will react. one of his side taunts are using metaknight's voice Key to say something. (press side taunt. believe it or not, it also depends on which direction he is facing when he taunts)

the other side taunt is a whole new animation. i want to see what it looks like cuz i couldnt identify it and no1 has it labeled. tell me what he does!
    yay!
    now the exam tommorrow to worry about.
    more to come over the weekend
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 10:15:06 PM by Quicksilver » Logged

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #86 on: September 25, 2009, 10:17:51 AM »

Nah your not an idiot, it's a simple mistake, I've done that too Grin

2 Final Smashes sounds cool

-First one actually sounds very good because his normal Final Smash is not a 1 hit KO but it hits many targets, this one would just get one target but be an instant kill, I think that's pretty balanced
      -Second one, well, would it be possible to make Giga Bowser look like Ganon's beast form from OOT and maybe give him 2 swords? That'd be insanely awesome if it could work
      -3rd one sounds insane Cheesy, maybe have it look more like an energy ball of darkness because the spirit bomb is really only supposed to be able to be done by those with pure hearts but we all know Ganon's one evil bastard Evil

I don't know if I have the patience to learn coding but I guess I'll give it a try soon just for fun

Now onto the FEEDBACK Kirby Dance :

-Gerudo Razor....still needs work Undecided, first off you have a good idea with switching the buttons, I was able to pull off 3 hits fairly easy, but a few problem remain:
    • -With the first 2 hits, they're both in the A command, that's not the problem, the problem is still the timing, it's way too specific so much that you can't get the second hit out unless you hit A and hold it, then it shoots out the second A hit
    • -The second A hit spins the opponent in the opposite direction sometimes(IDK if that was intended or not)
    • -The second A hit comes out too choppy, try to make the animation slower and smoother
    • -The 3rd hit uses B, this one actually works quite well, the animation is smooth, the problem here is that you can cancel out of it too early(NOTE I SAID EARLY NOT EASILY), you can actually cancel the third hit out right before he throws the strike but after he initiates it, it takes a little specific timing but if you do it right and cancel it out into another move, Ganondorf will slide a considerable distance and throw the attack you canceled it out with

~~~~~~~~I've managed to slide across almost half of Final Destination and do a SideSmash, it's kinda cool but it's uses are limited because if someone sees you starting your AA combo from a distance, they'll know what your up to and be prepared for that sliding strike so in the end it just makes it another glitch

~~~~~~~~That being said, I think you should still make it cancellable just much later in the animation, I've pulled off some cool combos AFTER the 3rd B strike hits, cancelling it into an upsmash or sidesmash or even downsmash for a 5 hit combo

~~~~~~~~***HOWEVR BIG NOTE HERE PAY ATTENTION***, the Third B Hit is actually WORTHLESS, just figured out why, you'll never get a hit with it because the lag time between hitting with the second A and the next B strike is too long so the enemy has time to put up a shield during the lag time between the second A strike and the B strike, the 3rd strike needs to come out a little faster for the Gerudo Razor to be possible, it's not that I'm pressing buttons too slow either, in fact I found out that you can just hold A for 1/2 second and then hit B and hold it before the second A strike comes out and the 3rd strike with B will come out automatically and it still isn't fast enough

• -The last two hits are with A, but they are insanely hard to time, it's way too specific, I've only pulled it off twice out of like 30 tries, you need to make the timing more accessible and leave a longer input for the button commands
    • -When I did get the last 2 hits out, the did have some knockback, so that's good
    • -How about taking out one of those last 2 hits since they're both the same and the transition in animation between the fourth and last hit looks sped up and cheesy

So yeah that still needs some work, now on to more:

-DownB counter needs work, Ganondorf lost his invincibility frames, his counterattack has extremely low priority, you need to give it full priority because as it it now the counterattack can be negated by an opponents simple A strike, and there is knockback, but not enough, it needs more, and there shouldn't be knockback on the first 2 hits because at higher percentages the opponent gets knocked back too far from the first counterattack hit so the last 2 won't
    ***ANOTHER BIG NTOE*** Counterattack is also useless for more than just the reason of it having low priority, there too much lag between the first and second hit, the opponent can put up their shield during the lag between the first and second hit, it's the same problem as with the Gerudo Razor

-Uptilt got screwed up, the angle of the knockback is almost completely horizontal, it hits the enemy at a lower angle than his sidesmash Im srs here, AND the hitbox is still on Ganon's arm which means you have to be close to get the hit off, the sword again just goes right through the opponent I see what you did there ... yeah sorry this still needs to be fixed

-Good news here, Upthrow is almost perfect Happy Face, only thing it needs it knockback buildup, it's knockback as it is now stays the same regardless of the % the enemy is at which means it won't kill anyone even at 999% damage(I checked)

-Sidesmash's farthest hitbox AND THIS HITBOX ONLY still does 36% and no knockback, should be toned down to 26% or 28% WITH knockback, the closer hitbox(where the sword actually touches) is perfect

-ForwardAir works perfectly Happy Face

-BackAir... well I know your going to change it but in the meantime it only does 7% with VERY little knockback, and the knockback angle pulls the enemy TOWARDS Ganondorf I see what you did there ... ....yeah

-The UpAir animation looks awesome Happy Face, BUT there's still NO HITBOXES AT ALL , and the warlock punch effect on his hand looks a little out of place

-DownAir.... is even more weird now Kirby Dance, it still has the teleport glitch but now something else is wrong, there's a startup time for the attack that's quite long and it's just Ganon floating into his regular DownB animation, during that time there's no hitboxes so if you do a short hop and then hit DownAir it immediately drags you to the ground without throwing out an attack because only the floating lag animation before the attack animation gets out

-Side taunt facing left is changed, it looks kinda like Metaknight's BUT there is no change to the voice effect, it's still sounds the same as the old side taunt and it still has the graphics effect of where Ganon punches his fists together making it look quite awkward

-Warlock punch is still overpowered, it still does 38% and kills if 2 are landed, try what I said in my last post if you want to have another hitbox with 38% damage because you still need to be pretty close to hit with it, the outer part of the graphics effect still does no damage

Keep up the good work and good luck with your exam Kirby Dance[/list]
    « Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 10:45:38 AM by Sanitys Theif » Logged

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #87 on: September 25, 2009, 05:56:23 PM »

ok. ill try some things out tonight because im sleeping at a frind's house.
    thanks for the luck Smiley

alright. btw i havent even touched his side smash %s. mostly because its a pain in the ass to find and ive been lazy. i can do that this weekend.

yeah the backair was just for fun. i just chose random numbers to put in. lol. like i said, im relacing that move

down air. thats really bad news. its gonna be hard but ill fix it by the end of this weekend. i promise.

Gerudo Razor. let me clear some things up. heres my intent. i want it to be slow and linking. think Ike's AAA combo. its slow, and only 2 of the hits link together. and, since no other character has an AAAAAA combo, im making sure that not all the hits are linking. i dont want a character, who shouldnt even have any linking moves, be the only one with a sexteple A combo.  heres my intention for each hit.
    inital A: wack with sword. its fine how it is. linking
    A2: quick jab with the handle of the sword. stuns. just fast and weak. linking move. (thinking of changing the animation today)
    A3: elbow bash. hits them. knocks them back. balence of knockback growth/ baseknockback is scewed more towards base knockback. this is to link into other moves (side B or dash attack, or warlock punch?)
    A4: fast, turn around, sword swing. electric damage. stuns em. 0 knockback. 2-3 damage. automaticly sends u to A5.
    A5: 2nd sword swing. normal speed. normal knockback. will send you out of the combo. it could end here. but hopefully it wont. this has MASSIVE sheildbreaking potential. that means that if your sheilding when this happens, ur sheild will break. guarenteed. this also means that it will auto-break a smashball. and because it will break sheilds so well, it enables you to use A6.
    A6: up tilt sword animation. darkness effect. GREAT knockback growth, lousy base knockback. that means that. yes, this is a KO move. at the same time, no this is not a move you do to stack up damage. this is souly a move to finish off some1. the attack will do like 5% only. but o baby it will send you flying. (its 1.5 times a warlock punch's knockback growth.) that means that my goal is to make it able to KO around 75%

no, what i wanted to see what animation he did. like what did he do and what did he look like in the taunt. ill leave it in the mean time. describe what he does.

ok so heres the deal with the down B. im making him invincible for a whole second no % or knockback. invincibility will start right away to make it actuially usable. in this sense, it will be better then marth or ike's but u still have to command it so id say it evens out. well not really, ganon's will still be worse, but thats ok cuz he shouldnt have a better counter then marth or ike anyway. the counterattack will be able to be used 20frames into it (keep in mind that 66 frams is about a second.).basicly, hell be able to counterattack once his sword is drawn. and yes, you cannot cancel out of the move until this point.
    then u can release B and start the counterattack. either u go thru with the ENTIRE conterattack, or u dont go thru with it. ganon will have to finish the whole taunt animation before you can do stuff again. that way you cant just quickly do a down be to block an attack and then go about ur buiseness, or do a downB counterattack right away. nope. not how the move works. sry.

opps my bad. ill try to fix the B move. its hard to find the messed up hitbox. theres so many in the special moves, its hard.

i think i addressed everything...

o yeah. i decided on the 1st alternate final smash. btw IT WILL BE HARD TO HIT WITH. i really cant help that, sorry. but w/e id still use it XD

and no, i cant do a thing to gigabowser. its Bowser's final smash. the only thing i can do is link him to that address. but even then, i wont be linking to bowser's gigabowser, but to the gigabowser that there are codes to link to if you select random or something. basicly, its a characterswap, using the parameters of Bowser's FS.
    i honestly cant edit A THING about the final smashes. seriously, it crashes the game is you mess with ANYTHING. the only thing you can do is deleate it and make a new one, or have a subroute to link it to an alternative move.

so no, neither beast ganon nor gigabowser will EVER weild Ganon's dual light swords. Sad
    that would be AMAZING tho. o well

lalalalala.

btw PSA is simple. if you know NQC programing, it helps, but really, the guides that are here on the forum are very good. i learned everything from the thread right hear at meow meow kitty korp.

i want ganon textures. Sad
    more importantly, i want my brawl working.

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #88 on: September 25, 2009, 10:44:33 PM »

Ok I didn't know what your intention was for the Gerudo Razor, that sounds good cause if the opponent puts up a shield on the 3rd hit, you can just cancel to a grab, so will all the non-linking moves be cancellable to give more options?

Yeah the animation on the second A comes out a little choppy, try to make it smoother it if you can. And the only other thing about that is it spins the enemy around sometimes.

Good idea on 3rd hit, it's fine and everything as it is, BUT one thing needs to be changed, you can cancel out of the move too early, like I said if you cancel at the right time it'll make Ganondorf slide a good distance and do whatever move you cancelled it with, that's the only fixing it needs, just make the cancel window a little later.

4th and 5th hits sound good, the animation is the only thing that needs work there.

6th hit sounds great, if someone was bad enough to get caught by that 5th hit then they deserve the 6th Cheesy.

Overall though it needs some work in the area of the timing of the moves(especially this part, it's still way too awkward timing), the animation smoothness, and cancel frame windows.

Alright for his side taunt he bends over a bit and then raises up outstretching both arm like he's letting out a big evil laugh(or sparta yell Grin) and then he goes back to his standing animation, the whole thing is only a little choppy but it's not too noticeable, the weird thing is his graphics effect from his regular side taunt when he smashed his hands is still there and so is the sound clip from his regular side taunt

Good idea for the DownB, that way this guy won't be overpowered, the fact that you have to command the counterattck gives more options while still making the timing dependent on the player's abilities meaning it'll take some skill to use properly

Maybe you should drop the 11 second possible hold though, now that I think about it, if you hold that counter animation, no ones gonna go near you lol then the enemy will just have time to charge something up or think of a new strategy

Don't forget the DownB for the air and spinning sword attack for UpB on the ground, the ideas sounded so epic Cheesy

Yea, the B move needs to be toned down a little, or changed like I stated earlier so it'll be balanced if you still want a 38% hitbox, it should be like right on Ganon's hand, and you should put hitboxes on the outer part of the graphics effect, like I said you still need to be pretty close to hit with it, but on the outer edge give it less damage and knockback to even stuff out

Good choice on the alternate Final Smash it'll even things out Kirby Dance especially if it's hard to hit with then because you'll have to be wary of that if you decide to use that Final Smash

Too bad about giving Giga Bowser dual wielding swords lol sounded awesome but I know there's limits to coding but honestly the alternate Final Smash you chose sounds more balanced and overall better suited

K I'll try playing around with soem coding, I'll have to wait till late tomorrow or Sunday though I'm gonna be busy during the day tomorrow

There's plenty of Ganon textures out there, I got some cool ones, I could send you them if you want
    « Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 10:45:41 PM by Sanitys Theif » Logged

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #89 on: September 26, 2009, 02:58:14 AM »

the only ganon textures ive seen are the ones on the texture gallery, and those are limited.

ull have to play around with alot of coding. turns out that the screwdriver i bought doesnt fit the wii. to be honest, idk how long its gonna take before ill be able to try ganon out. in reallity, i could finish this thing in like 2-3 hours if i had a game to look at. but sense im literally doing this blind, i highly doubt that I will be able to finish this anytime soon. ill still look at the feedback, tweak/ change things, and update everyday (if i can). but to be honest, this is gonna get really hard when it comes to smoothing it out. so how about this. ill finish the all the coding for all the moves (including the down B, final smash, back air, new up B, and working versions for all of them.) then ill have to leave it up to someone else to edit the moves to be balenced. there is absolutly no way that i can do that part w/o a game. ill have all the hitboxes existing and all the animations done and everything coded and stuff corectly, but it will be up to that person to assign %s, knockbacks, timings, ect.
    theres no way around that.
    therefore, i will fix the up air and up tilt to the best of my ability, make all the missing moves, and code everything properly. ill have to pass the torch on this one. im sorry, but its just not realistic.

you can take full responsibility for it, just make sure to credit me. i just want ppl 2 be able to use it.

i didnt get to look at my baby tonight cuz marvel ultimate alliance is SUCH A LONG GAME. we played for like 14 hours (over 2 nights), and we're STILL not done. what is this, a zelda game?

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14
    Print
    Jump to: