Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question:
Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?
Red. - 10 (23.3%)
Blue. - 8 (18.6%)
Yellow. - 5 (11.6%)
Green. - 8 (18.6%)
Can't decide. - 10 (23.3%)
Not interested. - 2 (4.7%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages:  1 ... 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 ... 451
Author Topic: KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update  (Read 1826297 times)
Akeno/Archer
Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5355 on: May 15, 2014, 04:46:37 PM »

I know people who are outraged when you play SSBB with Wiimote/Nunchuck... Personally, I use them ONLY when my GC controller is acting, so either way is fine.

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5356 on: May 15, 2014, 04:47:30 PM »

Ahem... Wouldn't you have to press A+B? I mean... When you have the Nunchuck on, the A and B are the same than the GC Controller, and X and Y are the 1 and 2, no?
    OR you can change your button inputs in the Controller Settings, or do like Carnage said and modify the buttons you need to press.

As KJP said, we need to take the Nunchuck out and press 1+2 to transform because A+B do not work when using Wiimote+Nunchuck.

That means that Nunchuck players are forced to take it out just to transform.

I think the majority of people either disable A + B = Grab on Wiimote + Nunchuck or use Gamecube controllers.
    IDK if you can disable that configuration.
    But changed or not, we are forced to change it everytime we play unless using a profile.

And using a profile to use a PSA is pointless, and people often forget to use profiles if they are not used to them.

But I'll see if I can either make a version in which Mega Evolution is remapped to a Taunt or see if I can simplify the A + B input.
    I originally had it be just B, but I had some complaints from people that wanted to keep the Neutral Special when Mega Evolution is ready.

I'll make a poll about it.

It should be remapped to somewhere else, yeah.
    « Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 04:52:19 PM by HaloFanODST » Logged

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5357 on: May 15, 2014, 04:52:01 PM »

also, quick question, why isnt it taunt-activated again?
    I view it as unprofessional if not implemented properly.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5358 on: May 15, 2014, 04:53:58 PM »

Voted for 2 versions.

So everyone (GC and Wiimote+Nunchuck) is happy  Grin

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

frozenfire
    Hyper Kitten

Power of the soul

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5359 on: May 15, 2014, 04:57:02 PM »

Hey KJP  sorry haven't been able to test cause of school but you will get a review in a few hours.

Also regarding the recent discussion, could someone point out the pros and cons of each option? Cause personally I don't think that many people use wii remote anyways.....

Check out my pack and get involved. I Want your ideas!!!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=70882.0

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5360 on: May 15, 2014, 05:03:43 PM »

Also regarding the recent discussion, could someone point out the pros and cons of each option? Cause personally I don't think that many people use wii remote anyways.....
    A+B Pros:
    -More satisfying to get the timing right.
    -Be able to use the Standard B attacks.

Cons:
    -Difficulty for the uncommon Wiimote users.

B Pros:
    -Simple. All controller types can use it well.

Cons:
    -Not much strategy nor timing. So the reward factor isn't so great.
    -You sacrifice your B attack.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5361 on: May 16, 2014, 12:57:26 AM »

2 versions seems the way to go since its a simple imput change it shouldnt take any time to do.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5362 on: May 16, 2014, 03:34:19 AM »

After well over 7 hours logged test time.

from fighting lvl 5 to 16 cpus and seeing how easy/hard it is to use.

before i talk about attacks, and other data, the reason why i fight CPUS is to see how balanced or imbalanced it is.

Offensive capabilities
    Okay, so his offensive capabilities are amazing, if you can manage the combo setup. and his fast attacks, yet slow-ish movement. you are looking at a very decent character indeed, even ignoring the evolution advantage.

his moves have changed from Charizard (pokemon trainer) quite a lot. he attacks faster, and has lower knock back, his specials fit Charizard better for a faster play style.  but not too fastly. this one has decent end lag usage that is there, but not too much there it feels like all you do is wait for your character to get back to an attack-able state. (which in my opinion was charizards major problem)

Move Specific
    Most of the smashes haven't changed much, the major difference is again, attack speed and lowered knockback, which fits for this characters theme. he is in the middle of damage and knock.

Standard

i would have a hard time talking about the tilts and smashes, as it seems they are generally the same. but, as stated above, they are faster yet have lower damage.

Side Special:
    this move is a basic dash move that has lots of GFX flair to make it feel epic. and when you hit someone and they fly back it feels very satisfying. the range on this dash move is short, but that is fine, due to the medium to high damage it can do. this makes a decent Recovery move that after that, you can do an Up Special to get back to the stage even better if need be.

Down Special:
    I'm not sure what move this is (not a big Pokemanz guy). at first i thought this move was a simple anti projectile move. so i started playing around with it, and figured out i could move slowly forward and backward. When you touch someone with this big ball of mist, they would move with it. so if you are smart enough, you can do push people with this, or use it to prevent some attacks, it has a very quick execution, and you can hold it down. it's pretty good defensive weapon, and somewhat good offense, if someone is charging a powerful move, you can go right up to the person, and activate it right on top of them, this pushes them pretty fast and sends them flying, no damage or real knockback is done but it is a good move that can disgruntle the opponent. this is also a good move against modified PSA's that have an invincibility final smash.

Up Special:
    This is really only a flying move. and it's purely used to avoid annoying final smashes or to get to places you need to, or to get back onto the battlefield. and its just that simple.

Neutral Special:
    I find this move to be be pretty average, it's a very "spammable" move that can be a good gimping move. the fire balls don't fire straight, but that's because it's a redone arrow, and thusly is a true projectile and it's perfect. i think this should be like the arrow, if you hold it down, a little more damage is done but it can shoot farther. it's fine as it is, i think this small thing should be added to make it not so linear.

Other Transformations:
    this is where i literally got stumped, in all of the time i played this PSA i only transformed 4 times. earning a transformation is the hardest thing to go for. i have no clue how the other specials/smashes work. and thusly in my opinion, what would be the best part of the PSA, is the hardest part to earn. i found that you have to do around 220% damage to ascertain that glorious ability. because of this i got really good at playing the non transformed Charizard. i really liked this PSA due to its transformation mechanic.

in a closing statement, When i did get my transformation i found that one focused more on Knockback and the other on Damage. and everytime, of the four times when i transformed the AI's would kick themselves into mega hyperdrive and i would die as soon as i reached my transformation. so, my informatino on this is pretty piss poor and i apologise on that, because i think that you need more information on these two than the normal Charizard.

Question:
    i noticed when i fought Link there was no GFX problems, i'm learning this method for my BrawlEx pack, and need assistance. i'm using Ridley and when i changed the names to another ID (Ridley) and i'm getting no GFX.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5363 on: May 16, 2014, 04:18:04 AM »

well ultraxwing if you change the id of the effect pac to an ene,y or assist trophy so it doesnt cause gfx glitches you will also need to change the graphics file id on psa or bb moveset editor  renaming it alot is half of the work the other half is amnually changing all the graphics file ids.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5364 on: May 16, 2014, 04:55:54 AM »

well ultraxwing if you change the id of the effect pac to an ene,y or assist trophy so it doesnt cause gfx glitches you will also need to change the graphics file id on psa or bb moveset editor  renaming it alot is half of the work the other half is amnually changing all the graphics file ids.
    OH! herp derp, thank you so much.

i know this does not belong in this thread, but PSA keeps giving me a cannot locate file data.
    « Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 05:06:43 AM by Ultraxwing » Logged

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5365 on: May 16, 2014, 05:18:22 AM »

i know this does not belong in this thread, but PSA keeps giving me a cannot locate file data.

Open with Brawlbox .67/68

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5366 on: May 16, 2014, 05:31:28 AM »

67b is the most stabble one, if a psa was made with bb moveset editor you can only open it on bb moveset editor on 67b for instance where ridley was made.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5367 on: May 16, 2014, 12:02:14 PM »

Replies are in the spoiler.

Offensive capabilities
    Okay, so his offensive capabilities are amazing, if you can manage the combo setup. and his fast attacks, yet slow-ish movement. you are looking at a very decent character indeed, even ignoring the evolution advantage.

his moves have changed from Charizard (pokemon trainer) quite a lot. he attacks faster, and has lower knock back, his specials fit Charizard better for a faster play style.  but not too fastly. this one has decent end lag usage that is there, but not too much there it feels like all you do is wait for your character to get back to an attack-able state. (which in my opinion was charizards major problem)
    Move Specific
    Most of the smashes haven't changed much, the major difference is again, attack speed and lowered knockback, which fits for this characters theme. he is in the middle of damage and knock.
    Well the majority of Solo Charizard's moves are taken from P:M's Charizard. So that should explain the huge buffs. But regardless, it's great that it works in a vBrawl environment as well.

Down Special:
    I'm not sure what move this is (not a big Pokemanz guy). at first i thought this move was a simple anti projectile move. so i started playing around with it, and figured out i could move slowly forward and backward. When you touch someone with this big ball of mist, they would move with it. so if you are smart enough, you can do push people with this, or use it to prevent some attacks, it has a very quick execution, and you can hold it down. it's pretty good defensive weapon, and somewhat good offense, if someone is charging a powerful move, you can go right up to the person, and activate it right on top of them, this pushes them pretty fast and sends them flying, no damage or real knockback is done but it is a good move that can disgruntle the opponent. this is also a good move against modified PSA's that have an invincibility final smash.
    The move is Smokescreen. You can loop it, jump, and walk forward and backward. But I'm glad you managed to find great uses for the move.

Up Special:
    This is really only a flying move. and it's purely used to avoid annoying final smashes or to get to places you need to, or to get back onto the battlefield. and its just that simple.
    You can interrupt with an Air Attack, Air Dodge, or end the move early with B.

Neutral Special:
    I find this move to be be pretty average, it's a very "spammable" move that can be a good gimping move. the fire balls don't fire straight, but that's because it's a redone arrow, and thusly is a true projectile and it's perfect. i think this should be like the arrow, if you hold it down, a little more damage is done but it can shoot farther. it's fine as it is, i think this small thing should be added to make it not so linear.
    I think the move would be a bit generic if it could be charged. Though I could try reducing the fire rate again.

Other Transformations:
    this is where i literally got stumped, in all of the time i played this PSA i only transformed 4 times. earning a transformation is the hardest thing to go for. i have no clue how the other specials/smashes work. and thusly in my opinion, what would be the best part of the PSA, is the hardest part to earn. i found that you have to do around 220% damage to ascertain that glorious ability. because of this i got really good at playing the non transformed Charizard. i really liked this PSA due to its transformation mechanic.

in a closing statement, When i did get my transformation i found that one focused more on Knockback and the other on Damage. and everytime, of the four times when i transformed the AI's would kick themselves into mega hyperdrive and i would die as soon as i reached my transformation. so, my informatino on this is pretty piss poor and i apologise on that, because i think that you need more information on these two than the normal Charizard.
    After enough hits, you'll be notified with a GFX and SFX notification. After that, press A + B at the same time to activate Mega Evolution. During the Mega Evolution Animation, hold A for Mega X and hold B for Mega Y, otherwise, it'll randomize.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

frozenfire
    Hyper Kitten

Power of the soul

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5368 on: May 17, 2014, 06:49:49 PM »

Alright sorry for the delay but here goes:

NORMAL: not much to say since it's only his b moves that are changed but it's been really well done

NEUTRAL SPECIAL: Contrary to popular belief I think the move isn't "spammable" at all. Any faster and it would but any slower it would have the potential to be ineffective and easily dodged.

SIDE SPECIAL: Before, I said that this move(flare blitz?) needed I bit more distance. Now that I've seen the knockback it can do as well as consider the speed, this move doesn't really need changing at all.

DOWN SPECIAL: nothing to say. It's perfect

ZARD X: Well balanced by adjusting his weight n stuff there's only 1 thing that is bothering me.

DOWN SPECIAL: Since ZARD X is heavier, I think he should do a bit of damage as he springs into the air( he should slightly jump up, slam into the ground and then leap into air)

FINAL SMASH: reminds me a bit too much of links final smash but there's nothing I want to change about

ZARD Y: the only thing is that(although I can't think if a better idea) he shouldn't have the same down special as normal charizard( unless he uses it in the Pokemon game then completely ignore this one XD)

OVERALL :  KJP stop making so damn hard to critque your work when it's this good in the BETA stages for crying out loud XD
    he's a well balanced character with a really good offense as well as defense. I really like how this is turning out

Check out my pack and get involved. I Want your ideas!!!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=70882.0

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5369 on: May 17, 2014, 07:05:46 PM »

NEUTRAL SPECIAL: Contrary to popular belief I think the move isn't "spammable" at all. Any faster and it would but any slower it would have the potential to be ineffective and easily dodged.
    What I plan to do is lower the fire rate, but increase the projectile speed.

SIDE SPECIAL: Before, I said that this move(flare blitz?) needed I bit more distance. Now that I've seen the knockback it can do as well as consider the speed, this move doesn't really need changing at all.
    I might slightly increase the distance.

DOWN SPECIAL: Since ZARD X is heavier, I think he should do a bit of damage as he springs into the air( he should slightly jump up, slam into the ground and then leap into air)
    That's not going to happen. Mega Charizard X's Down Special is only used to help with its heavier gravity.

ZARD Y: the only thing is that(although I can't think if a better idea) he shouldn't have the same down special as normal charizard( unless he uses it in the Pokemon game then completely ignore this one XD)
    Charizard learns Smokescreen by Level Up in all Pokemon games.

OVERALL :  KJP stop making so damn hard to critque your work when it's this good in the BETA stages for crying out loud XD
    he's a well balanced character with a really good offense as well as defense. I really like how this is turning out
    Lol. Thanks. Tongue

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages:  1 ... 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 ... 451
    Print
    Jump to: