Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - nerdbot

#1
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
April 20, 2014, 03:43:51 PM
Would it be possible to rig this up to make it so each character has more cosmetic slots instead rather than adding a ton of new characters? I know you could, say, make a ton of Mario clones and give them all the alternate skins and costumes you want, but that's not really...ideal, haha. Would rigging it up to give more costume slots even afford any extra spaces over what cBliss gives you?
#2
I use the vanilla Pokemon Trainer setup but I use the Maritime skins as one of my cBliss slots. I made some icons for my own personal use if you're going to do the same thing.

http://i.imgur.com/tbBC2ys.png Pokemon Trainer
http://i.imgur.com/Clim3u0.png Squirtle
http://i.imgur.com/YI0eErU.png Ivysaur
http://i.imgur.com/c89Qyxm.png Charizard
#3
Programming / Re: cBliss v1.5 [16?]
November 10, 2013, 09:29:31 PM
Okay, cool! I figured it was just to do with the reordering of the costumes but I wanted to be sure about it. Thanks. Might as well just keep them in place instead of figuring out which ones I can delete and can't.
#4
Programming / Re: Current Public Clone Engine
November 10, 2013, 01:08:33 PM
I'm going to wait for the Project M release, but I'll be kind of bummed if they don't release the clone engine hack independently of PM because it'd be much easier to tinker around with that way. I trust their testing polish enough that I'd rather just wait for them to fully release it.
#5
Programming / Re: cBliss v1.5 [16?]
November 10, 2013, 12:59:03 PM
Are the infFace icons for the default costume slots necessary for things to work or can they be deleted? I'm not hurting for space or anything but I've been wondering what they're for. Apologies if it's been asked already but I skimmed the thread and didn't see anything .  :-[
#6
Did that Mirage Sheik ever get released? It's so rad.
#7
So the big question I have is, how's Kirby gonna work with Roy? Since he's not in P:M yet it's not something that needs to be thought about yet but I'm curious if it's gonna work okay.
#8
I hope we can at least see some stuff to add Roy to vanilla Brawl, just to have the option. Really impressive work all the same though.
#9
Help / Re: Hacks for SSE
September 10, 2013, 03:38:39 AM
That should work fine. It won't have the shadowy textures, obviously, but it just loads in the skin like it would for any other texture slot, regardless of what's there.
#10
Stages / Re: Mario's house from Mario RPG
September 03, 2013, 09:07:49 PM
As a mild criticism, it looks kinda weird how the house is just sort of sitting on a cliff and the only way to leave it would be to fall to your death. Looking forward to the finished project!
#11
I've considered doing that, and if nothing else works I will, but if there's a "right" way to do it and get them to swap properly, I'd rather just do that. I imagine there has to be some file in the game that dictates which climber leads for which palette, and that with enough tinkering I could adjust it to accommodate for the expanded character slots. I just don't know where to start.
#12
In my tinkering with cBliss I've discovered that certain characters have little costume-dependent differences that don't seem to be affected by anything in the individual pcs/pac files for each costume. The two I've noticed are, any Olimar skins in slots 07-09 don't have the lightbulb particle effect (though oddly 06 does) and which of the two Ice Climbers leads.

I'm curious about how I can change these things. I have an orange/blue Ice Climbers skin from Melee in a cBliss slot, and though it's a small thing I'd like to have Nana be the lead character for that. Likewise, the cBliss alts I have for Olimar look weird with just the antenna and no lightbulb. What can I do to tinker around with those, what file do I have to dig through?
#13
It's so nice to finally have a version of Peach's Castle that isn't fullbright, great job! I'm so glad to see a polished version of my favorite stage from Melee.
#14
Programming / Re: cBliss v1.5 [16?]
August 29, 2013, 12:18:21 PM
I made this as a help topic but it's probably just better off if I post it in here:

I wanted to make a remake of the Orange/Blue Ice Climbers skin from Melee to use with cBliss. With that skin, Nana was the lead character and Popo is the CPU-controlled one. With cBliss it seems all the extra slots have Popo as the lead climber, though. Is there a way to put Popo in the back without overlapping a preexisting skin? The one I'm trying to change is FitPopo08, for the record.
#15
Quote from: SJS on August 21, 2013, 03:30:47 AM
Don't ask me why, but I made this.

Whoa, where's the Zero Mission ending skin for ZSS on the Brawl Vault? That rules, I was looking for one like that but could never find one.