Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 69
Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid Needs More Hack Representation!  (Read 421144 times)
JOEYSX5
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #360 on: October 16, 2010, 05:52:14 PM »

The new Shell (With flag, birds, bombs, and cyphers) bridge will be over Shadow Moses Island, right? Hopefully. Anyways, I hope the Cyphers can spot you and such.

Have you abandoned MGS4 SMI? When I get MGSTTS model and textures, I could port that over some other stage, and you could make your MGS4 SMI out of that. 

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #361 on: October 16, 2010, 06:10:10 PM »

That actually reminds me -- why can't we fight on the Helipad section of the Shadow Moses Island? :<

Alternatively, for other ideas from MGS1(TTS):

Vs. Vulcan Raven In A Tank Area (With Tank moving about)

Either one or both of the communication towers (with or without the Hind D going around)

The Large Elevator (Either going down or going up, or both if they have specific stops, with bats for lulz)

Metal Gear Rex's Housing Area (Either with or without the ladders)

Top of Metal Gear Rex (Like the Snake Vs. Liquid Final Battle)

Outside the facility (...kinda like the ending cutscene, where both jeeps are totaled, hopefully with Liquid's body under one of them and a missing arm).

Again, they're just ideas/Suggestions. >.>; No one said you HAVE to make them.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #362 on: October 16, 2010, 06:58:22 PM »

I haven't abondoned it.

It's just on the back burner.
    I got the place desaturated, rusted, and darkened, the sky brighter like in MGS4, and altered the lighting.

All I need is moar snow and fog, and it's basically done.

I wanted REX's hangar for Gray Fox's stage, but I don't have any models or textures from MGS1 or TTS.

I need to finish the Smash friendly version of Big Shell first.

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

I'll always be, just like you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #363 on: October 17, 2010, 12:18:00 AM »

I gave RAWRzilla a 3DVIA screengrab of the fight atop Metal Gear Rex converted into an .obj format, along with the according textures for the screengrab. That was a while ago... He hasn't even sent a reply back to me since then, which is odd.

Either one or both of the communication towers (with or without the Hind D going around)
    I would say this idea (excluding a Hind-D helicopter) would be the most plausible creation. But I would really like to play atop a broken down Metal Gear REX the way it played out in the games. It was an epic fight, simple as that.

"Dream Mix TV: World Fighters" looks fun, if only but a SSBM clone. I might get that and see what I can rip myself.

xxTerminatorxx, I'm guessing Sniper Wolf's top looks like it does because it's still in development? Just for reference, here is a picture of Sniper Wolf in her first suit:
    http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1844/csknipatu1.jpg
    (You should put the FOXHOUND logo on her other arm, btw.)
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 12:46:31 AM by Friedslick6 » Logged

At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #364 on: October 17, 2010, 12:46:30 AM »

xxTerminatorxx, I'm guessing Sniper Wolf's top looks like it does because it's still in development? Just for reference, here is a picture of Sniper Wolf in her first suit:
    http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1844/csknipatu1.jpg
    (You should put the FOXHOUND logo on her other arm, btw.)

I already put the FOXHOUND logo on her other arm. If you put it on one arm, it appears on the other. Strange, eh?

Yeah, I thought users would like the version I am working on now. If it goes good, I'll make one in her white zipped up coat.

I sent Irishladdie her textures, including hair, and of course, my texture hack. He says he can vertex her hair and her face to resemble Sniper Wolf's.
    Friedslick, could you send him her model so he can model after it? He says the process on the face and hair would be alot easier.
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 01:02:43 AM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #365 on: October 17, 2010, 01:04:42 AM »

Yeah, I thought users would like the version I am working on now. If it goes good, I'll make one in her white zipped up coat.
    To clarify, will an attempt be made to recreate Sniper Wolf's first suit unlike the customised version you are working on? It would be a shame if it weren't...

Getting model rips of characters from MGS:TTS is much harder, considering they can't be converted with Solidus and a screengrab almost always doesn't include them. Hey, I'll try though.
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 01:08:12 AM by Friedslick6 » Logged

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #366 on: October 17, 2010, 01:11:55 AM »

To clarify, will an attempt be made to recreate Sniper Wolf's first suit unlike the customised version you are working on? It would be a shame if it weren't...

Getting model rips of characters from MGS:TTS is much harder, considering they can't be converted with Solidus and a screengrab almost always doesn't include them. Hey, I'll try though.

Listen to how I made the version I have now. I took the one on the vault and added custom leg textures, fixed face, and gave her the Sniper Rifle model. So, I still need to recolor the body. I'm gonna have it be as accurate as TTS version.

The white coat version I mean is this:

Oh, wow. That was the answer I have been waiting for forever. I asked Eternal Yoshi how to rip textures and he told me to use Solidus. It failed.
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 01:15:27 AM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #367 on: October 17, 2010, 02:35:52 AM »

Ah, that's good to hear. I was slightly concerned when I first saw the images you posted in the previous page.

Solidus was mainly created for use with MGS2. When it was discovered that MGS:TTS used a similar format, Turfster worked on including the support for that different format type.
    However, that work was never finished as I understand it. Solidus can only extact textures from some texture archives within MGS:TTS. It might be able to extract models from MGS:TTS, but from what I've tried, it can't open most if not all of the game's model archives. The program certainly can't convert those models though.
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 02:43:25 AM by Friedslick6 » Logged

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #368 on: October 17, 2010, 09:47:59 PM »

I'll make the unzipped version of her coat, then make the white coat version.

As you know, I sent Irishladdie everything so he can help vertex the hair and all those goodies to make her more MGS like. He hasn't replied in a while, I guess Life is gitting in the way lol.

That BattleToad PSA Guy
    Supreme Kitten

"STOMPIN' TIME!"

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #369 on: October 18, 2010, 04:29:31 PM »

On the subject of Brawl Mods, all of my MGS-related projects are basically on hold until you guys can figure out whether or not the texture rips are possible, but I am working on something some of you might find interesting.  I'm about 2/3's of the way through vertexing Snake into Earthworm Jim for eventual texturing and PSA/Animations, the problem being that I have no experience at all in either PSA or Animations.  Any Earthworm Jim fans on the thread?  PM me if you're interested.  Sorry to get off topic.  Back to MGS.  I am technically using Snake's model...

YES.

DO.

WANT.

Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #370 on: October 19, 2010, 05:23:59 PM »

.....Do you use photoshop? If so, saving textures as a png is the best way to preserve transparency.

The magenta = transparent days are long gone.

I managed to add more snow falling to OLD SMI.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #371 on: October 19, 2010, 06:37:21 PM »

.....Do you use photoshop? If so, saving textures as a png is the best way to preserve transparency.
    The magenta = transparent days are long gone.

I managed to add more snow falling to OLD SMI.

I use paint.net. Thanks for asking, though. Transparency has never been a problem for me.
    I still want to know what that strange writing is...

Also, once I get the MGS:TTS model, you can use that model itself for your MGS4 Shadow Moses Island. It's alot more accurate than Brawl Shadow Moses Island. Also, the TTS model has the cargo truck, elevator, accurate towers, etc. So I guess you can say it is larger than the Brawl model.

If your going for MGS4 Shadow Moses Island I would use TTS model instead.
    Not to mention, the model comes with it's textures too.  Wink
    « Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 06:48:38 PM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #372 on: October 19, 2010, 08:14:09 PM »

We'll see what SMI's file size limit says about that.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=8218
    Here's the Brawl Friendly version of Big Shell V2.

Nicki
    Mega Kitten

Nick was taken

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #373 on: October 19, 2010, 08:37:11 PM »

wow looks awesome. Now we (somewhat) have stages for MGS1, 2, and 3

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #374 on: October 20, 2010, 01:43:28 PM »

Once this question is answered properly we will be able to get MGS:TTS Shadow Moses Island into Brawl, along with Eternal Yoshi's MGS4 SMI.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11446803&posted=1

He's just going to texture the MGS:TTS SMI into his MGS4 version.
    I think the MGS:TTS model would be better to use. Brawl's model is just yuck.
    « Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 02:56:12 PM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 69
    Print
    Jump to: