EY's I - ALL Projects suspended indefinitely

Started by Eternal Yoshi, July 29, 2010, 06:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


You can't just post a pic like that without someone asking how you did it... so how?

It involves Tabuu/OpenSA3 somehow, right...?
And this is an epic breakthrough for the world of model swapping! :happy:

Yes it involves Tabuu.

This quote from SWF tells all.
Quote
I fixed Gray Fox's shield. It's now usable!!
This comes at a price of having to rebiuld the .pac though.
You MUST use a fresh, unedited character.pac
I used Dantarion's Tabuu program to fix it.
Here's how I did it.

1. Open Tabuu and open your base character.pac.

2. Right Click the the name of the character.pac/MiscData[0]

3. Load the original character model

4. Open your edited model in Brawlbox and go to the ThrowN bone of the edited model

5. Go to the directory  :Sections/Data/Misc/Boneref like in this screen


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
6. Select Throw N and change the number of the index to your edited model
THE NUMBER IS IN DECIMAL, NOT HEX.

7. Right Click the reference you edited and select open hex view

8. Change the Integer value in the box labeled "as int." to your new ThrowN value.

9. close the hex view.

10. Right click the file name/Miscdata[0] then click save

11. This will give off a warning. Save anyway. It will encounter a problem and need to close afterward, but the change will be saved.

12. You are done. Just make a backup of this file with the modded ThrowN for later and rebuild your character.



Edit: This also seems to correct the location of the opponent when you get footstooled so no more polygon stretching. Cool.

Great progress man, glad the shield looks right now. How are the hitboxes coming along?

I found the hurtboxes and edited them to be more sensible.
They were pointing to the dummy bones which might have caused the hurtbox stretching.
Like polygons.

Basically, more testing need to be done, but so far, changing the bone index references to the correct bones apparently fixed the hurtboxes.

Well sounds like good news then. Good luck with everything man and keep us updated.

Will the next release just fix the shield, hurtboxes, item grabbing, and footstooling?
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Whoa... hurtbox fixing and shield fixing... this is amazing stuff here!

This is probably the best model swap project I've ever seen.

Simply stunning work.

Quote from: Sumire Omelette on August 21, 2010, 10:21:55 PM
This is probably the best model swap project I've ever seen.

Simply stunning work.[/color]

No, this IS the best model swap ANYONE has seen, and it's a fact.

We got Gray Fox whom replaces a would-be badass character, and it has VERY few glitches. Can't wait for next update!   
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: xxTerminatorxx on August 21, 2010, 10:20:39 PM
Will the next release just fix the shield, hurtboxes, item grabbing, and footstooling?

Fixing the shield instantly fixed grabbing loaction, footstools, and throws.
I'm taking a while because I have to rebiuld the character.pac.

Since editing throws makes sense now, I made a new Bthrow for him.


Still doing more experiments and testing.

How are you changing hurtboxes? @_@ I kinda want to do that.


Quote from: EternalYoshi on August 23, 2010, 01:08:20 AM
Tabuu can help you with that.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284044
Cool you should totally post a thread here for that -_-' I think?

Is it that complex to work with, or is it pretty simple like psa is? :s         

Tnere is a thread in on-topic discussion titled, "Dantatrion finishing what PW started"

It's takes time to get used to due to many things being undocumented, but it's worth it.

Quote from: EternalYoshi on August 23, 2010, 02:11:54 AM
Tnere is a thread in on-topic discussion titled, "Dantatrion finishing what PW started"

It's takes time to get used to due to many things being undocumented, but it's worth it.

In that case I'll stick to psa for now and give it a try when I can do some better PSA stuff.