Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 53
Author Topic: The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking  (Read 893057 times)
SmashHacker2012
Expert Kitten

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #420 on: July 14, 2012, 06:47:55 AM »

Okay, I've tried using riivolution and it's installed correctly but whenever I load up SSBB through Riivolution none of my textures loads or stages. Does anyone know why?

The files in my riivolution folder are K:\riivolution\codehandler.bin
                                                                                \ocarina.xml
                                                                                \SSBBfiles.xml

K:\private\wii\app\RSBP\pf\Fighter\ike

thats where I've put my textures for ike, it works with Gecko OS but not with Riivolution could anyone help me out?
    Is there a config folder in there?
    It should contain 2 files: RSBP.xml and RSBE.xml
    Is it a .pac and .pcs(Ike's Textures)
    Oh, wow. FINALLY someone else on PAL! Cheesy

theeruptor96
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #421 on: July 14, 2012, 07:28:51 AM »

New riivolution folder  AWESOME 2.0!             K:\riivolution\codehandler.bin
                                                                                \ocarina.xml
                                                                                \SSBBfiles.xml
                                                                                \config\RSBP.xml
                                                                                           \RSBE.xml

K:\private\wii\app\RSBP\pf\Fighter\ike\FitIke.pac
                                                                 FitIke00.pcs
                                                                 FitIke01.pac
                                                                 FitIke01.pcs
                                                                 FitIkeMotionEtc.pac

they are the files in the folder. I've placed the RSBP.xml and RSBE.xml in the config folder.

Also will I have to change my directory and just make a folder called SSBB at the root of my sd card, then put fighter in there?

So it would look like K:\ssbb\fighter\ike Etc etc

After placing the xmls in the Config folder when selecting Ike my game just freezes..
    « Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 08:36:10 AM by theeruptor96 » Logged

Thorarohk
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #422 on: July 15, 2012, 09:55:09 AM »

PLEASE HELP ME!!!
    How i can make an own model for Super smash bros?
    What FILENAME i must have ?

Post Merge: July 15, 2012, 10:06:45 AM
    Please help me:I will make own characters(not edited textures)
    100% my characters... how i can do?
    « Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 10:06:45 AM by Thorarohk » Logged

SmashHacker2012
    Expert Kitten

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

• Awards Tutorial Writer

« Reply #423 on: July 18, 2012, 03:21:39 PM »

Actually, the PAL version does load music.
    (on riivolution it does, well, on mine anyway)

Turb0k
    Supreme Kitten

Something Stupid

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #424 on: July 20, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »

i added some hacks to my game, and now it wont let me add any more what should i do?

Dem0
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #425 on: July 26, 2012, 09:05:47 PM »

i did every thing as read but the sd card isnt being read when i launch the game what did i do wrong help please

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

« Reply #426 on: July 26, 2012, 10:04:00 PM »

i did every thing as read but the sd card isnt being read when i launch the game what did i do wrong help please
    SDHC card, gecko/normal game bot = card not readable

riivolution + SDHC = game cant access card, but gmae loads mods from it

SD (2GB) + disc channel boot = fail

SD (2GB or less) + gecko with file patch code = modded brawl

jariesuicune
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #427 on: July 27, 2012, 09:13:11 AM »

Hi, I have the Japanese game (RSBJ01), but can't find any .rel files for the characters/fields. Is there somewhere I can get those? The RSBE ones don't work for me (obviously) and there's a lot of characters/stages on the Vault that I would love to try out.

Sorry if this has already been answered in here (I couldn't find it if so).

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #428 on: July 27, 2012, 02:22:01 PM »

nope, must wait until we break into the rel struccture so we can do japanese rels

BNuge
    Advanced Kitten

Silent Master of Winds

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #429 on: July 31, 2012, 09:42:20 PM »

Two questions. 

I tried to change the WarpStar to the Triforce.  One thing led to another and I finally figured out that I need to change it to a triangular shape instead of a star.  Any idea how to do that?

Also, I wanted to put a Pokémon over Mr. Saturn.  I expanded the ItmCommonBrres in the common3 file in BrawlBox, expanded ItmDoseisanBrres, and replaced ModelData0 and TextureData0 with files I took directly from a Pokémon PAC file.  By my uneducated logic, it should have worked.  Instead of working, the game froze at the Strap Menu.  I went back and restored the common3 backup that I had made right before switching Saturn out for a Pokémon and the game worked.  Any idea what I can do to make this work?

SmashHacker2012
    Expert Kitten

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

• Awards Tutorial Writer

« Reply #430 on: August 01, 2012, 10:59:16 PM »

Two questions. 

I tried to change the WarpStar to the Triforce.  One thing led to another and I finally figured out that I need to change it to a triangular shape instead of a star.  Any idea how to do that?

Also, I wanted to put a Pokémon over Mr. Saturn.  I expanded the ItmCommonBrres in the common3 file in BrawlBox, expanded ItmDoseisanBrres, and replaced ModelData0 and TextureData0 with files I took directly from a Pokémon PAC file.  By my uneducated logic, it should have worked.  Instead of working, the game froze at the Strap Menu.  I went back and restored the common3 backup that I had made right before switching Saturn out for a Pokémon and the game worked.  Any idea what I can do to make this work?
    I Get the same problem every time you try to edit common3.pac it just freezes O_o
    I Have asked like 2-4 time but i still don't know Shocked

tygar
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #431 on: August 02, 2012, 04:56:13 AM »

Not sure how often these are read..i need some help with some questions
    1)As far as i could tell theres 2 main types of hacks skins and psa, from my reading it seems like u cant play online with psas and certain skins does that mean you cant play at all if someone on ur roster has those skins or u cant chose a char with a modded skin.
    2)I have seen a few different mod setups which is the best I just want to be able to play with friends online.
    3)Do the skins that dont disconect you show then?
    4)It seemed like a PSA replaces a character because i saw things like naruto/scizor over X im assuming that means you can no longer play that character its over?
    I think thats all for now thanks im brand new hopefully I can buy my sd card tomorrow to start trying it out

Edit/What size sd card X) thanks again
    « Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:00:57 AM by tygar » Logged

BNuge
    Advanced Kitten

Silent Master of Winds

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #432 on: August 02, 2012, 09:15:02 AM »

I Get the same problem every time you try to edit common3.pac it just freezes O_o
    I Have asked like 2-4 time but i still don't know Shocked

I've edited common3 before (just replacing brres files with other ones from Brawl Vault).  The issue I ran into was I tried to just wing it and see what happens.  I didn't expect it to lock up at the strap menu. 

I have a basic idea of how to fix my issue though.  I think I have to play with the bones.  Joy. 

What have you tried to edit?

Not sure how often these are read..i need some help with some questions
    1)As far as i could tell theres 2 main types of hacks skins and psa, from my reading it seems like u cant play online with psas and certain skins does that mean you cant play at all if someone on ur roster has those skins or u cant chose a char with a modded skin.
    2)I have seen a few different mod setups which is the best I just want to be able to play with friends online.
    3)Do the skins that dont disconect you show then?
    4)It seemed like a PSA replaces a character because i saw things like naruto/scizor over X im assuming that means you can no longer play that character its over?
    I think thats all for now thanks im brand new hopefully I can buy my sd card tomorrow to start trying it out

Edit/What size sd card X) thanks again

PSAs are alternate movesets.  Textures just make the character look different.  Some PSAs just modify a character's attacks like making Samus's fire attacks do Ice damage instead.  Others completely change the character such as turning Toon Link into Skull Kid with a completely different moveset.  A texture is something like making Marth look exactly like Lyndis without changing his attacks.  The only difference is appearance. 

Just so you know, you can mix them.  If you put a PSA on Marth that changes a few of his moves (such as making them a bit stronger), then you could still put a Lyn texture over Marth. 

1. I don't use wifi, so I can't help you much there.  I do know that some mods say they are wifi tested and safe, so you can look for those.  The ones that don't say it are usually "maybes" as far as I know. 

2. I use Brawl Plus with Gecko and it runs nicely.  Again, I can't help much with wifi issues. 

3. Can't help you. 

4. As I said before, some PSAs just alter a few attacks, while others change the character completely.  If Toon Link is changed to Skull Kid, then that means Toon Link was completely replaced with Skull Kid.  As long as Skull Kid is in the game, it's impossible to play as Toon Link. 

There is one exception to that rule.  rel files.  Mewtwo is a good example. 

Mewtwo is designed to go over Lucario.  But some people liked Lucario, so they decided to put Mewtwo with his new moveset over Ness.  This can only work if they also make something called a rel file.  Without that file, the game locks up as soon as it tries to spawn Mewtwo in a match.  I don't know enough people here to recommend anyone, but if you really want to replace a character with a character other than the default (Mewtwo over Ness instead of Lucario), you'd need to get someone to make a rel file for it.  Just a fun fact. 

I believe the best size is 2GB.  I've heard that more than that can crash the game. 

tygar
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #433 on: August 02, 2012, 11:26:49 AM »

"Just so you know, you can mix them.  If you put a PSA on Marth that changes a few of his moves (such as making them a bit stronger), then you could still put a Lyn texture over Marth."
    Oh wow I didnt realize that :O thanks!

" I use Brawl Plus with Gecko and it runs nicely"
    Alright cool Cheesy

"I believe the best size is 2GB.  I've heard that more than that can crash the game.  "
    Good thing I didnt go buy that cheap 10g one without checking back here xD thanks for quick response

Few more questions for characters like pikachu can you rlly only have 4? I have like 10 i want to use Sad can he atleast use 6 like normal?
    And I thought you had to replace stages with other stages but some guy was refering to his stages you could replace them over custom stages are many stages able to do that?

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #434 on: August 02, 2012, 02:58:47 PM »

"Just so you know, you can mix them.  If you put a PSA on Marth that changes a few of his moves (such as making them a bit stronger), then you could still put a Lyn texture over Marth."
    Oh wow I didnt realize that :O thanks!

" I use Brawl Plus with Gecko and it runs nicely"
    Alright cool Cheesy

"I believe the best size is 2GB.  I've heard that more than that can crash the game.  "
    Good thing I didnt go buy that cheap 10g one without checking back here xD thanks for quick response

Few more questions for characters like pikachu can you rlly only have 4? I have like 10 i want to use Sad can he atleast use 6 like normal?
    And I thought you had to replace stages with other stages but some guy was refering to his stages you could replace them over custom stages are many stages able to do that?

you can click the quote button to quote stuff.. it makes it clear who you replied to.

you are limited to how many alt colors a character has for how many textures you can use

Pages:  1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 53
    Print
    Jump to: