Full, Real Raichu! (Updated 25/04/2011) (Partially Playable)

Started by stranger24, September 06, 2010, 02:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

If you're going to make a completely different moveset. Can I makes these suggestions?

B
--------
Thunderbolt
Charge Beam
Bide?

Side B
--------------
Sweet Kiss
Focus Blast
Mud Slap
Strength (Command throw?)
Thunderpunch?

Down B:
Light Screen?
Shock Wave
Hidden Power?
Snore (Works differently than Rest)
Charge?
Dig?


Those are all the suggestions for specials I have. If you decide to use any....well, you know.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

You can check the moveset I posted last page. It has decent (and related to the game) ideas you could use and everything is explained with details...

Also, I think we should discuss the moveset BEFORE starting to do the animations...
That might even give enough time to Dantarion to finish the clone engine, that will allow 7 more characterts to the game WITHOUT replacing anyone.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


I disagree with your FS idea, I think it should be Discharge, Shock Wave, or a made up one named Uganda Thunder.

Charge + Discharge
----------------
Raichu charges up electrical energy until he is overflowing with it, then he unleashes it all by launching lightning bolts and electricity all over the place and in different directions.

Shock Wave
----------------
Raichu concentrates and charges up an enormous amount of energy, before unleashing it in a spectacular burst!

Uganda Thunder
-----------------

Raichu concentrate's really hard and summons up many large clouds above the stage, which one by one begin unleashing huge lightning bolts randomly at high speed. There are a total of twenty lightning bolts, but they can be obstructed by stage objects, just like Thunder can.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: stranger24 on September 06, 2010, 02:13:25 PM
Would like permission to have this closed and/or moved to Attack and Animation thread since it's more relevant there.[/center]
as you wish.

September 18, 2010, 01:00:19 AM #49 Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 01:06:58 AM by stranger24
Whoa I didn't see all the posts before since it was moved haha. I'm definitely considering these suggestions though, don't worry. I suppose I could rename thunder to shockwave and have it do something similar, since in some pokemon games it looks the same as thunder.

And @ Br3compactor, I totally agree. The original moveset I came up with is just as a starting point, and then moving on from there. The one I want to work on the most is the throws though, like for the ideas. I'm less confident about those than anything.

Sometime soon i'll rearrange the Original post and get a starting point for the movesets and stuff. I'm definitely taking everything into consideration though, and I really appreciate the help.

Edit:
Quote from: Velen Zaiga on September 18, 2010, 12:17:52 AM
I disagree with your FS idea, I think it should be Discharge, Shock Wave, or a made up one named Uganda Thunder.

Charge + Discharge
----------------
Raichu charges up electrical energy until he is overflowing with it, then he unleashes it all by launching lightning bolts and electricity all over the place and in different directions.

Shock Wave
----------------
Raichu concentrates and charges up an enormous amount of energy, before unleashing it in a spectacular burst!

Uganda Thunder
-----------------

Raichu concentrate's really hard and summons up many large clouds above the stage, which one by one begin unleashing huge lightning bolts randomly at high speed. There are a total of twenty lightning bolts, but they can be obstructed by stage objects, just like Thunder can.

I don't know how hard a Final smash would be to program, so at this point I'm seriously not even considering it at all. I'm like... extremely new at this x3 It all depends on a person's interpretation of Raichu's power I suppose.  Original post will be updated soon with a full moveset idea, and then i'll make it an open discussion on that for now.

If the feet problem is not fixed up, instead of trying to decrease the scale size of the feet try increasing the scale size of the rest of the body so compared to the body the feet look normal.

Quote from: OMGWeegeeNorris on September 18, 2010, 01:05:12 AM
If the feet problem is not fixed up, instead of trying to decrease the scale size of the feet try increasing the scale size of the rest of the body so compared to the body the feet look normal.

Lol you used my raichu as an avatar x3 But thank you anyways, I did fix up the feet, yes

Um, not to nag, but, do you know how the move Discharge works?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen Zaiga on September 18, 2010, 01:59:07 AM
Um, not to nag, but, do you know how the move Discharge works?

Yes and I also know that super smash bros games have altered attacks MAJORLY from their original games, for any character. It was just an idea either way.

Quote from: stranger24 on September 18, 2010, 02:02:36 AM
Quote from: Velen Zaiga on September 18, 2010, 01:59:07 AM
Um, not to nag, but, do you know how the move Discharge works?

Yes and I also know that super smash bros games have altered attacks MAJORLY from their original games, for any character. It was just an idea either way.
Well okay, but even with the attack increase, that major drawback will lower it's usefulness. Fun idea, yeah, but not very practical in practice...at least I think so.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

September 18, 2010, 02:10:26 AM #55 Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 02:12:50 AM by stranger24
Quote from: Velen Zaiga on September 18, 2010, 02:06:55 AM
Well okay, but even with the attack increase, that major drawback will lower it's usefulness. Fun idea, yeah, but not very practical in practice...at least I think so.

The point is to represent power without being too powerful. Some people will find it useful, others won't. The Discharge itself after being charged will be fairly powerful anyways. It's like a charge move like Samus' B, only it doesn't have in between values and being fully charged applies those effects.

Also the description for Discharge says "A flare of electricity is loosed to strike all Pokémon in battle. It may also cause paralysis. " It may not mention having to charge beforehand, but this way it makes for an extra move thrown into the same button combination. It'll most likely be an alright ranged for an attack and i'll have to work on exactly what the factors are for how to use it properly.

WELL............. <.< >.>........you could, for Raichu's Final Smash, make it use Charge(pikachu's up taunt) and then use "thunder". What I mean is have Raichu use a slow calling of the thunder move and make the field explode with electricity, like static pikachu but with insane range and only one hit. Also, to counter that good Final Smash, make it so you can hit Raichu out of the move. Maybe you can use static pika's psa as a base for the Raichu psa. And could you get recolors of Raichu? For example, Shiny Raichu for the red costume, PikaRai(Riachu with Pikachu's colors) for the green and Raiblue(Raichu with Pikablues texture) for the blue. That would be awesome.

Oh, by the way, I change avatars/pics often so you might find me with Baby Ridley if I manage to get it or some other pic that I want to use. ^_^

September 18, 2010, 03:30:42 AM #57 Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 03:37:05 AM by Christian_CAO
Just wondering if you're discussing moveset options.  :)
If so, might I suggest this scheme:
(It's a bit lengthy but I hope you find the time to read it) :kdance:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


These are only suggestions and I know it's a long read, so forgive me for that. I understand that allot of this is very difficult to pull off but it's all quite possible, though file size may be an issue. Just tell me what you think about any of these ideas.

I'm sure that what ever you come up with for this fantastic project will be great :happy:
^3^

Quote from: Christian_CAO on September 18, 2010, 03:30:42 AM
Just wondering if you're discussing moveset options.  :)
If so, might I suggest this scheme:
(It's a bit lengthy but I hope you find the time to read it) :kdance:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


These are only suggestions and I know it's a long read, so forgive me for that. I understand that allot of this is very difficult to pull off but it's all quite possible, though file size may be an issue. Just tell me what you think about any of these ideas.

I'm sure that what ever you come up with for this fantastic project will be great :happy:

Kinda cliched name for the final smash x3.

But these are great suggestions actually. The only thing I'm slightly worried about is the damage %age, if it's quite possibly too high for playability. I want this to be fair too. The thing that did get me was the final smash though, it seems like a great idea, but I've had amazing issues looking for a way to edit pikachu's final smash. The graphics/texture for Volt Tackle isn't accessible at all as far as I know. If you could find a way for that to be accessible, then I'd probably consider this of all things so far.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions :) I appreciate it.

Quote from: stranger24 on September 18, 2010, 10:43:56 AM
Quote from: Christian_CAO on September 18, 2010, 03:30:42 AM
Just wondering if you're discussing moveset options.  :)
If so, might I suggest this scheme:
(It's a bit lengthy but I hope you find the time to read it) :kdance:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


These are only suggestions and I know it's a long read, so forgive me for that. I understand that allot of this is very difficult to pull off but it's all quite possible, though file size may be an issue. Just tell me what you think about any of these ideas.

I'm sure that what ever you come up with for this fantastic project will be great :happy:

Kinda cliched name for the final smash x3.

But these are great suggestions actually. The only thing I'm slightly worried about is the damage %age, if it's quite possibly too high for playability. I want this to be fair too. The thing that did get me was the final smash though, it seems like a great idea, but I've had amazing issues looking for a way to edit pikachu's final smash. The graphics/texture for Volt Tackle isn't accessible at all as far as I know. If you could find a way for that to be accessible, then I'd probably consider this of all things so far.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions :) I appreciate it.

You should ask Dingo or Sumire, or someone like Chuy or Mewtwo2000.

Heck, even head to Smash Boards, look up one of the project teams' members and ask them about it. They could probably help you out.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302