Go Beyond textures, kick models to curb! Just who the hell do you think I am?!

Started by DrKoala, September 11, 2010, 12:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Option

Poll
17 (44.7%)
Poll
1 (2.6%)
Poll
5 (13.2%)
Poll
6 (15.8%)
Poll
4 (10.5%)
Poll
5 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Well then, first exporting bunch is done. Results and opinions in OP.

He should look great after you make his hair longer. Keep it up.

The hair is on the right track. It needs to be longer and it should look smooth. If you can do that, then he'd be cool.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

I heard Ike hair is annoying to vertex... I wonder how will it come out.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


You already know about the hair, so not much to say there.

At the moment, he still looks too much like Ike to me. Sleeves need to be shorter and turned up at an angle. Tunic should be made slightly baggier and pants need to be bagged up as well.

Have you done anything to the face yet? Since I feel that's the most important thing besides the hair. Lookin at pics of him, Felix has a more pronounced forehead not huge but larger than Ikes and his eyes are more angular.

Just my three cents.

Quote from: Beyond on August 28, 2011, 11:45:37 PM
You already know about the hair, so not much to say there.

At the moment, he still looks too much like Ike to me. Sleeves need to be shorter and turned up at an angle. Tunic should be made slightly baggier and pants need to be bagged up as well.

Have you done anything to the face yet? Since I feel that's the most important thing besides the hair. Lookin at pics of him, Felix has a more pronounced forehead not huge but larger than Ikes and his eyes are more angular.

Just my three cents.
Wow BY... You really are Beyond me, you said pretty much what I would have said. ._.


Bleh... hair... I want to be finally done with it...

K. I think you should model the hair more, whether you keep the transparency or not is your call though. Whatever's easier for you.

With that said, here's my opinion. While you did make his pants "wider," they aren't baggier. Looking at a pic of Felix his pants hang over the tops of his boots. I would also take the 2 tassels that hang off the sides of Ikes boots and move them to the front.

Here's a pic of what I feel should be done:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Btw, why did you not use Ike's headband straps for Felix's ponytail? You could've used them both, and that they'd be affected by gravity as well. Just pointing that out there.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Beyond on August 31, 2011, 01:59:23 PM
K. I think you should model the hair more, whether you keep the transparency or not is your call though. Whatever's easier for you.

With that said, here's my opinion. While you did make his pants "wider," they aren't baggier. Looking at a pic of Felix his pants hang over the tops of his boots. I would also take the 2 tassels that hang off the sides of Ikes boots and move them to the front.

Here's a pic of what I feel should be done:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Ah, now this should actually help out...
And I guess I'm really just gonna remove the hair's transparency for the most part. Should make things easier.

Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 31, 2011, 02:06:40 PM
Btw, why did you not use Ike's headband straps for Felix's ponytail? You could've used them both, and that they'd be affected by gravity as well. Just pointing that out there.

Uh... I already did that? Just look at the fourth image, you can see it there quite clearly.

Oh... It doesn't look like it...
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 31, 2011, 06:46:41 PM
Oh... It doesn't look like it...

Well, it's obvious that you can't tell from one pic alone, but it really does animate. Only reason it's standing up in that pic is because he's in the middle of his turning animiation.

A little advice for the hair transparency based on my experience with Zelda's and Ike's hair:

Use the polygonal lasso tool, or a similar tool to take away tiny snippets from the edges of the hair texture, with Ike's hair as stretched as it is, taking away too much will result in ALOT of the hair being taken away, so try to make them almost infinitesimally thin and infinitesimally short or it will end up being a headache.

If the small changes don't end up doing much take a little more away, then keep going until it's perfect.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

>_>



In comparison to



Quote from: Velen on August 31, 2011, 09:49:05 PM
A little advice for the hair transparency based on my experience with Zelda's and Ike's hair:

Use the polygonal lasso tool, or a similar tool to take away tiny snippets from the edges of the hair texture, with Ike's hair as stretched as it is, taking away too much will result in ALOT of the hair being taken away, so try to make them almost infinitesimally thin and infinitesimally short or it will end up being a headache.

If the small changes don't end up doing much take a little more away, then keep going until it's perfect.

...What?