Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI</a>
Delicious like a chimichanga - 7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ - 9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! - 3 (6.4%)
- 13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ - 7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta? - 8 (17%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages:  1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 515
Author Topic: SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!  (Read 1770895 times)
BlueBrain
God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #180 on: December 05, 2010, 02:20:01 PM »

lol at random epic failures...
    this kind of things happen to anybody dude...

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #181 on: December 05, 2010, 02:27:21 PM »

OKAY I've done one more update @.@ And I've tested it and can say that all the Smashes work now! Happy Face

Get A Load of This!
    Mega Kitten

Gee it sure is anime around here.

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #182 on: December 05, 2010, 02:46:42 PM »

Now let's watch all something else hilarious happen..

I actually had to pick up TvC to get over my need for Joe in a crossover. Yeah, good job.

Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
    GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
    Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #183 on: December 05, 2010, 03:00:44 PM »

Now let's watch all something else hilarious happen..

I actually had to pick up TvC to get over my need for Joe in a crossover. Yeah, good job.

Well.....at least TvC is a good game ^^'

But daymn I'm sorry that I released it at a bad time for you, considering that you gave probably the most feedback (and I'm still thankful for those two vids before by the way).  I was just so excited to release this Wink

Get A Load of This!
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #184 on: December 05, 2010, 05:08:26 PM »

Oh that's just fiiine. I think I know a way you could make this up to me...hehehe...

I hope you don't think I'm actually angry or anything. It's good to see a completely unique character that isn't Shonen Jump or Final Fantasy or...just a souped up cast member actually get done. The looming prospect of a Nintendo vs. Capcom existing in the future only makes it better. Besides...it's only one more day...
    « Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 05:09:17 PM by Get A Load of This! » Logged

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #185 on: December 05, 2010, 05:42:47 PM »

Don't hate me for saying this but....

ANIMATION REFINEMENT! *SHOT!*

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #186 on: December 06, 2010, 12:16:48 AM »

Don't hate me for saying this but....

ANIMATION REFINEMENT! *SHOT!*

Part of the reason this took so long to do was because of the fact that I couldn't do any animation swaps with other characters.  Some of the moves are swapped and/or edited from Falcon's moveset already but apart from that it's mostly from scratch.  Also, some of the animations only look strange because of the lack of keyframes.  However I can't add any more keyframes because his FitCaptainMotionEtc.pac is literally at the brink of its limit.  The best I could do for most of them would be to use frame speed modifiers.

*Takes bullet out of Velen's face*But anyways, go on.....

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #187 on: December 07, 2010, 07:30:49 PM »

*ting* Wait, you've released an updated version ? o_O I hadn't noticed it until now.

This is definitely going to be tested, playtested, and getting a big detailed feedback during the week or weekend, whenever I find the time.

Though from what I'm seeing on this thread, it looks very promising.
    « Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 07:32:09 PM by Miacis Kusanagi » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Link40
    Extreme Kitten

You can not resist the power of the Wunderwaffe !

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #188 on: December 08, 2010, 06:57:28 AM »

Just to say that it is the best PSA ever made until now. I don't know really good Viewtiful Joe (I only played a few times the first), but I really love the PSA. You did a perfect work.
    I can't wait the clone engine to be done !

14fan
    Extreme Kitten

I may or may not continue hacking.

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #189 on: December 08, 2010, 07:50:08 AM »

I've only played with the version with the incorrect side smash tilts, so I don't know if this has been fixed, but I think his final smash requires some editing.

It's slowed down WAY too much. It needs to be a faster combo attack.

Also, opponents easily shield out of the last 3 hits, which tend to be the ones that kill.

Finally, I suggest removing the freefall after the final smash. All that causes is for VJ to kill himself if he misses, which is not very fun.

I've never played whatever game Viewtiful Joe comes from, so I could be wrong in that these need to remain to keep him in character, but these are a few suggestions if you revise.

Also, I really love the fast and slow! That was definitely a unique characteristic you added in to him.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #190 on: December 08, 2010, 10:37:17 AM »

I've only played with the version with the incorrect side smash tilts, so I don't know if this has been fixed, but I think his final smash requires some editing.

It's slowed down WAY too much. It needs to be a faster combo attack.

Also, opponents easily shield out of the last 3 hits, which tend to be the ones that kill.

Finally, I suggest removing the freefall after the final smash. All that causes is for VJ to kill himself if he misses, which is not very fun.

I've never played whatever game Viewtiful Joe comes from, so I could be wrong in that these need to remain to keep him in character, but these are a few suggestions if you revise.

Also, I really love the fast and slow! That was definitely a unique characteristic you added in to him.

Reason why it is that slow was a side effect of the Time Manipulation (which kind of how Viewtiful Joe's real "Slow" is).  I set it to a point where they shouldn't have been able to move but it came with the side effect of slowing down Joe's hitlag as well (honestly, all the Offensive Collisions only have a Hitlag Multiplier of 1).  That, and they can still move.  Maybe I'll add some kind of stun flags to the last couple of hits.

Also, the Smashes have definitely been  fixed now (and the Side Tilt too).

But thanks for telling me.  I'll fix that up soon ^^

@Link40
    Thank you so much.  I'm really glad that you enjoyed it so much.  Oh and here's a list of what PSAs I've been wanting to do:

- Deapool (over Snake)
    - Black Knight (over Ganon)
    - Dante (over Marth)
    - Amaterasu (over Wolf)
    - Ryu (over Ike)
    - Deoxys (over Lucario)
    - Chuck Norris (over Snake)
    - Iron Man (over Saums)
    - Shadow Paper Mario (over G&W!)

I'm not exactly short of ideas as you can see Wink
    « Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 03:56:42 PM by SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n » Logged

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #191 on: December 08, 2010, 04:32:32 PM »

Miacis' Ultra-Detailed feedback ACTIVATE !

Let's see in a few words what this PSA managed to accomplish, or not.
    Faithfulness to the character : Excellent.
    Diversity : Good
    Balancing : Lacks power on lots of moves. Needs some touch-ups.
    PSA work : A few errors or weird hitboxes, but nothing too bad.
    Effects : Need some touch-ups too.
    Animating : Lacking on some moves. Good on others. Where most of the upcoming work lies in.

As for the feeling when playing with him ... it's great. Smiley It's fun to play and original.
    However, something that bothers me is : what kind of gameplay do you expect players to have with Joe ?
    Because right now, he's basically "A little bit harassing on the ground, then F-Smash into edgeguarding like crazy. With some "standard offensive aerial game". And Berserk-cheap mode when entering Slow-Mo."
    There's also the strategy of building up your slow-mo by attacking in the void, then harassing your opponent with buffed-up moves until he gets to a certain % where you can finish him off with the Viewtiful-punch => Uppercut Chain Combo. I don't think even Onslaught could resist that.
    More details on that later. Tongue

In detail :

First off : the fighting stance. It really pisses me off because it's really silly and makes your hack look much less good than it actually is. By the next release, I don't want to see those legs in the ground anymore, OR ELSE !  Evil

Ground moves :
    A,A,A combo :  It's a nice-looking. move. But I hope you weren't expecting it to be the bread-and butter of his strategy, or even an useful move. Because it lacks hitstun, especially on the second hit, and is easy to counter, making it very rare to be worth using.
    The Mach mode attack (Red Hot One Hundred) is far too easy to escape considering how it hit in the games. o_o

Side-Tilt : One of his powerful attacks. Fast to land, good KB, a very nice move ... An okay move, but see below in the U-Smash comment ...

Up-Tilt : It's a cool-looking move, but considering how very powerful it is in Slow-Mo mode (which is good), I really think it needs an increase in power and KB in "normal mode". It's just unacceptable to have Joe's Uppercut unable to KO anything before the ~250%, imho.
    Also, little animation tweak : Joe is a bit too much above the ground in this move.
    Also, little GFX tweak : the smokes comes too late.

Down-Tilt : A very good pressure move. I like it. No KB growth, like alot of moves, but this one is okay with it.

Running attack : Nice, but needs a little less sharp momentum decrease. The end of the attack stops too brutally. It might need a bit of KB growth too.

Up-Smash : You know there is something wrong when Your U-Smash can't kill at 250%, but your side-tilt can ... Seriously ? 12% damage and so little KB ? This moves should really get a nice buff : it can be used to set enemies in the air if you manage to hit, but the fact it can basically never kill is a bit of a shame.

Side-Smash : Nice, good looking, effective. Nothing much to say except I've encountered some hitbox issues. Meaning sometimes the hit misses even though Joe is punching right in the guts. I think it happens more near the beginning of the move.
    GFX side-note : Why is there two smoke effects ? Either put them closer time-wise, or add more in-between if you want a continuous effect. (Or just keep a single one.)

Down-Smash : I took me a 1/4 speed to get what the f*ck Joe was doing. XD This needs to be slowed down, with a bit more "cuddled up" spinning and a bit less "extended arms/legs" spinning. Also, remove that ugly smoke GFX, or at least make it symetric. It looks like Joe is farting at the enemy.

Aerials :

ANA : Great move ! Good-looking, looks like the original, and very interesting with the weird KB directions and hitboxes. Quite powerful too.
    Only thing I think could improve it would be a "spinning smoke" GFX (Like the one at his feet on the F-Tilt.) sideways. :3 Not sure it will look good, but you should definitely test it, at least. ^^

AFA : Very nice move too. I like the two hitboxes. This is actually what makes those kinda moves look professionnal. Very useful for edgeguarding.
    Just like above, a little puft of smoke like in the third A,A,A attack would add a little more to the attack. :3

ABA : Nice, quick, powerful. Geeze, those aerials are beastly ! xD

AUA : See the exact same as above. Even more useful, actually.

ADA : Nice. That move is effective and good looking. Nothing much more to say about it. :3

Specials :

N-Special : Nice looking, true to the character, the little pinkie graphics ... Neat !
    I guess it was a choice to give it no KB Growth. I still believe it should have a bit. Not much, but not just ZERO ...
    Also, I need some explanation about the landing lag, because it confuses me to no end. o_o
    I was about to prepare a ramble about how a move, that's supposed to be Joe's bread and butter, already suffers from enough nerfs (no KB growth, few damage and risk of suicide) not to add the landing lag, but ...
    But right now, i've discovered that Joe cancels out the landing lag with a roll if you use the attack in the middle of a double jump. Was that intentionnal ? Because it looks very pretty. o_o

Side-Special : Pffrt. It looks funny as hell. xP
    Not the projectile itself, which is okay beside a little texture issue. The effects surrounding him are very glitchy though. Very very. Very.
    The moves slides too much on the ground, and this one throwing animation would love to have a few more frames ... or you may find something better by using a part of Falcon's Stand Throw. Simply because it looks more dramatic, which fits the Voomerang perfectly.

Also, again I'm not sure that 7% and no KB at all is such a good thing ...

Down-Special : Lotsa things to say ...
    - The V-Bombs spawn too rapidly. Even though I love the way Joe dances when you just press B repeatidly, it needs a slower spawning animation. Keep it fast, just not too much.
    (Also, about the texture, the V is facing sideways. You'll need to re-arrange it a little.)
    - Mach Speed is great. Very fun to play. :3
    - Slow Mode has got a big problem : the trigger is not how much damage you inflict, but how many times you attack. So if you keep pushing on A, you get it REAL fast. And since it makes your S-Smash very punishing with this exceptionnal stun, and your U-Tit a killing move, it's really breaking the balance of your character. I can't really give any good advice since that's a part of your caracter that needs your own appreciation, but it really needs balancing. If you really don't know what to do, then shorten the time it lasts.

Also, an important note about the GFX ... please remove that darn smoke when the character is ready to enter either mode. Keep it for they are actually in it. It looks good when it shows Joe is in a kickass mode. It looks silly if he's still fighting normally.

Otherwise, the most impressive part of the PSA. Kudos on pulling that off, Silent. Smiley

Up-Special : Very good. It looks epic on all aspects. Now, it needs a sound effect, or else it's going to look terrible. I think Fade had the same kinda issue with Cloud, if i'm not mistaken.

Throws :
    Unchanged, for the most part. Too bad, there's potential here for more flashiness.
    I'll need to find again those epic throws I had made up for a Viewtiful Joe moveset when I was a kid ... Maybe I can give some ides then.

Final Smash :
    Oh ... very nice !!! AND two different versions in the air and on the ground.
    The animation looks smooth, and simply spectacular. (You even managed to put a Shoryuken and Tatsumakii Senpuu Kyaku. That's just plain epicness incarnate. <3

Now, the move suffers from some hitbox issues. The hitbox triggering the series of attacks should definitely be a bit further. Joe always goes a bit too far, and misses some moves, especially the last one, which is kinda sad. :<

Also, some parts of the attack don't stun enough, and let people run out of the chain of attacks.
    Ground version : The downward kick, before the 2 last hits and the Shoryuken.
    Aerial version : The somersault right before the Tatsumakii Senpuu Kyaku, and all the kicks of said move.

Last thing : The first 2-3 attacks should be guard-breaking. Otherwise, it's just looks silly ...

I like the idea of the Freefall after the FS, though. Suits Joe so well. x3 Everything or nothing, epic spectacular attack or just vanishing. :3

Others :

- That cape is really really messing up the aesthetics ... :< I know it can't really be changed, but it would really help this PSA and model tremendously if it could be solved.

- The three victory poses are nice. ^^

- The taunts are nice too. Takes a bit to get used to it, but nice and in-character. :3
    _________________________________________________ ______________________
    I see lots of needed touch-ups, but this PSA is really on the good way. I have to say I'm impressed by your sense of making things look spectacular, Silent. That FS really looks epic. o.o

Overall, very in-character, very nice ideas and interesting stuff. Also the time manipulation tricks which is awesome. Now, all you need to do is to fill the holes, Silent. And I'm looking forward to when it's complete.  Wink
    « Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 04:43:38 PM by Miacis Kusanagi » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

zeno503
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #192 on: December 08, 2010, 10:46:38 PM »

Hey not sure how far you are with the Shadow PSA but do you think you'd be able to work with the PSA of Shadow over Fox? It could use some touching up and you did a hell of a job on Viewtiful Joe!

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #193 on: December 09, 2010, 10:26:35 AM »

@Miacis

Woah thanks so much for taking the time for all that feedback.  I'll try my best to get to work on all of those things as soon as I can.  I guess that break I was gonna take before starting Deadpool and after finishing Shadow won't happen Tongue

However, unfortunately progress will be slow after next week.  It's the Christmas Holidays for me, and I have to revise a lot for mock exams.

Get A Load of This!
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #194 on: December 09, 2010, 07:33:19 PM »

#Invalid YouTube Link#

Just want to say I'm happy to have seen this project develop from beginning to end. You got some quality work here, man. I'd give more feedback but Miacis covered pretty much every single base ever.

Pages:  1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 515
    Print
    Jump to: