SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47



@Silent: That's an awesome Kid buu you made here. I definitely love the GFX you put in the final smash. It looks very shiny :D

If I could make a suggestion to the moveset, try making Buu dash in air, as well as linking attacks together, since Buu appears in fighters.

He can link attacks... That's one of the things that makes him unique.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread


Copypasta powers from LST ftw!



I've done more, but I just thought I'd show this one for now. It's Tekkaman Blade's A attack Shamshir. It took a little while to animate, since I decided (like a total boss) to properly animate the fingers for when he spins the blade around in his hand (which is something not even Nintendo did with their blade wielding characters. What they did was set the hand in one open position while they just let the blade spin. I altered the fingers every couple of frames so that it would look more like he's actually spinning it. Fine details XD)

I decided to make it vastly different to most A attacks. Rather than being a quick poke or combo starter, it's large and very long lasting hitbox serves more for defensive anti air purposes.

Nice! So it's going to work like Metaknight's Attack100?
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Royal_Blade on December 05, 2011, 08:52:40 PM
Nice! So it's going to work like Metaknight's Attack100?

Think like that, except it doesn't mash.  This is actually an Attack11 you're seeing here.  So one press of A will do an animation that in total is 78 frames.  I wanted it to be different to most A attacks.

However, in application it would function somewhat like Metaknight's Attack100.  Just that since it's above his head it wouldn't work well on grounded opponents (small ones in particular) so it's best to try an use it on an opponent that's trying to get up from the ledge or something.

That seems like it should be an UTilt then... But as you said, he's gonna be different with his A attacks. I like it.

And man, do I ever love your animating skills... It just amazes me how smooth it is...

Do you animate like every 5th frame or so and let brawlbox just "guess" the filling then adjust it to your liking?
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Royal_Blade on December 05, 2011, 09:21:56 PM
And man, do I ever love your animating skills... It just amazes me how smooth it is...

Do you animate like every 5th frame or so and let brawlbox just "guess" the filling then adjust it to your liking?

Yeah basically.  For this animation, the main key frames for the main movements were (I think):

Frame 1
Frame 6
Frame 13
Frame 21
Frame 29
Frame 36
Frame 42
Frame 49
Frame 56
Frame 65
Frame 70
Frame 78

Then there were numerous other key frames jotted here and there inbetween these main frames to smoothen some areas out (the blade in particular has more key frames jotted all over the place to avoid it clipping through his body while spinning).  The fingers I did a key frame every frame or 2nd frame.  Then finally, I cleaned in Brawlbox 0.64 so that the file size wasn't absurd. 

Because of how my computer is, I animate in Brawlbox 0.63d (since if I accidentally left click in later versions in the work main area then the program automatically closes down without saving) and clean in 0.64.  I don't quite like 0.65's interface as much.  I find it personally to be a little less convenient (since I only really use Brawlbox for animation shenanigans and not model importing).

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on December 05, 2011, 07:13:46 PM
Copypasta powers from LST ftw!



I've done more, but I just thought I'd show this one for now. It's Tekkaman Blade's A attack Shamshir. It took a little while to animate, since I decided (like a total boss) to properly animate the fingers for when he spins the blade around in his hand (which is something not even Nintendo did with their blade wielding characters. What they did was set the hand in one open position while they just let the blade spin. I altered the fingers every couple of frames so that it would look more like he's actually spinning it. Fine details XD)

I decided to make it vastly different to most A attacks. Rather than being a quick poke or combo starter, it's large and very long lasting hitbox serves more for defensive anti air purposes.
Bro, this is sexy.. I love it! My favorite TvC character :') bye bye sore Sora~

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on December 05, 2011, 09:44:16 PM
Yeah basically.  For this animation, the main key frames for the main movements were (I think):

Frame 1
Frame 6
Frame 13
Frame 21
Frame 29
Frame 36
Frame 42
Frame 49
Frame 56
Frame 65
Frame 70
Frame 78

Then there were numerous other key frames jotted here and there inbetween these main frames to smoothen some areas out (the blade in particular has more key frames jotted all over the place to avoid it clipping through his body while spinning).  The fingers I did a key frame every frame or 2nd frame.  Then finally, I cleaned in Brawlbox 0.64 so that the file size wasn't absurd. 

Because of how my computer is, I animate in Brawlbox 0.63d (since if I accidentally left click in later versions in the work main area then the program automatically closes down without saving) and clean in 0.64.  I don't quite like 0.65's interface as much.  I find it personally to be a little less convenient (since I only really use Brawlbox for animation shenanigans and not model importing).
Yeah. Since I never did that many animations before, I recently started that way of animating. It saves up a lot of time and still provides and awesome outcome!

And I don't like 0.65 neither. It's too weird for my liking. I'd only use it for CSP's cause of the lighting.
And I haven't had that kind of problem with 0.64 yet, so I still use that. And I'll have to take note that 0.64's cleaning helps filesize, that's good to know.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

I don't have any problems with 0.65. Actually, this version compresses animations better than 0.63

Just bumping to say that I'm still working on Blade, but right now I'm prioritizing in this order:

1) School/Work (though last day of term is next week, but I still need to work in the holiday =D)
2) My Secret Santa stuff (I can't show previews or else it will be painfully obvious who it is I'm doing it for)
3) Tekkaman Blade/Project M animations

So yeah, I ain't dead yet XD

hmm ... secret santa stuff ... sounds interesting r)

And great to hear are working on Project:M animations :D
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.