Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: Project RIDLEY PSA *VERSION 1.1 IS OUT*  (Read 76172 times)
Weyard
Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #135 on: November 15, 2010, 09:00:59 PM »

We need to get that Dash finished at least before we call it a new version.

I asked earlier but I'm not sure how many people read through that massive post. Heres a .pac with it. It's SpecialN, SpecialN Start, and SpecialN End.  http://www.mediafire.com/?tfe77qbpu8h2rt1

When pressing B, he performs all 3 animations in the correct order, but he doesn't leave the starting position. There is no hitbox or anything. He just does the animations then freezes up, with no forward movement whatsoever. In the Fitmotion, I have him going forward, in sort of a pouncing motion in Special N. I already made sure that his TransN is above floor-level, thinking that might have had something to do with it, but it didn't solve the problem.

Just look into it and see if anyone sees anything that I've done wrong that might be causing the problem or just start it over for your self. Basically, just leave the timers alone because I know those are right, but I think it's something in the Action tab that has the problem.

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #136 on: November 16, 2010, 06:01:19 PM »

Im srs here
    Apparently this got boring fast .......

irishladdie727
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #137 on: November 16, 2010, 06:10:17 PM »

Right now his Dair has too small a hitbox.  I know it's supposed to be a meteor smash but it's literally impossible to connect with without basically being inside the enemy and begging to be owned.  Maybe stretch his tail out a little further for the animation and extend the hitbox.  Also, why not use some of his Boss animations for the ground pound attack and the side-b dash?

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2010, 08:20:41 PM »

Right now his Dair has too small a hitbox.  I know it's supposed to be a meteor smash but it's literally impossible to connect with without basically being inside the enemy and begging to be owned.  Maybe stretch his tail out a little further for the animation and extend the hitbox.  Also, why not use some of his Boss animations for the ground pound attack and the side-b dash?

Wait what? Are you sure you have the newest version? A couple of updates ago, Aether changed the hitbox on the tail so it connects easier.

With the current one, his entire body is a hitbox and his entire tail has a hitbox throughout the animation. I have never had a situation where it failed to connect or where I had any trouble getting it to connect. If you miss with it for some reason, just use it again and I guarantee it will connect if the Opponent is any where near you. It has low recoil for a reason.

There is no apparent hitbox on the tip of his tail because the Ridley model's tail bones don't reach all the way to the tip. The last bone is somewhere in the last 75% of the tail itself, several inches away from the tip. Unless I we offset the hitbox, it's not going to hit that far below him.

I've looked around for a download of his Boss model's files but couldn't find anything. I'd appreciate a link to them if you know where to find them.

zetsame
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #139 on: November 16, 2010, 08:48:05 PM »

What if for his final smash he went flying forwards (similar to marth)and pins down the first character he comes in contact with. He could then bite them a few times and does a flip and slams them with his tail, sending them flying upwards.

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #140 on: November 16, 2010, 08:50:47 PM »

The Down Air hits weird because the tails bones do not go as far down as the model's tail. Thats because StarWaffle used Charizards last tail segment to make the Tip Spike on Ridley's tail. The only way to make it hit lower is to offset the hitboxes, which iv never got to work since whoever made PSA has NO IDEA how x, y and z axis are supposed to work. If i offset something -5 y, it should go down by 5 of whatever the scale is. Not towards the screen, not up, not to the right, DOWN.  The only way i can figure out how to offset it down is to test each axis until i find the right one, which takes forever.

What if for his final smash he went flying forwards (similar to marth)and pins down the first character he comes in contact with. He could then bite them a few times and does a flip and slams them with his tail, sending them flying upwards.
    Yeah that would look pretty cool. Need to find someone with experience editing final smashes though.

*EDIT*
    Just looked through Boss Ridley's attacks and none of them really work on Charizard. Even after fixing the proportions they just look wrong for some reason.
    « Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:40:08 PM by Aether » Logged

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2010, 02:08:03 PM »

There is nothing more we can do until we find someone to finish off the Dash, instruct us how to set up a pound that actually works, and someone who can make the final Smash. Neither of us know anything about making them.

irishladdie727
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #142 on: November 17, 2010, 03:32:49 PM »

The Down Air hits weird because the tails bones do not go as far down as the model's tail. Thats because StarWaffle used Charizards last tail segment to make the Tip Spike on Ridley's tail. The only way to make it hit lower is to offset the hitboxes, which iv never got to work since whoever made PSA has NO IDEA how x, y and z axis are supposed to work. If i offset something -5 y, it should go down by 5 of whatever the scale is. Not towards the screen, not up, not to the right, DOWN.  The only way i can figure out how to offset it down is to test each axis until i find the right one, which takes forever.

Yeah that would look pretty cool. Need to find someone with experience editing final smashes though.

*EDIT*
    Just looked through Boss Ridley's attacks and none of them really work on Charizard. Even after fixing the proportions they just look wrong for some reason.

That stinks...  Do you think it would be any different if you took a look at Meta Ridley, or do you generally think that importing Boss animations onto Charizard is a no go?

I wish I knew some way to help you guys the the other stuff but I know nothing about animating.  I'm VERY handy with vertex edits though, so if we ended up having to make some minor edits to Starwaffle's original vertex in order to say... fit Boss Ridley's bone structure or something along those lines, I could do that.  Although tampering with perfection is a risky undertaking.

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2010, 04:01:26 PM »

*EDIT*

That stinks...  Do you think it would be any different if you took a look at Meta Ridley, or do you generally think that importing Boss animations onto Charizard is a no go?

I wish I knew some way to help you guys the the other stuff but I know nothing about animating.  I'm VERY handy with vertex edits though, so if we ended up having to make some minor edits to Starwaffle's original vertex in order to say... fit Boss Ridley's bone structure or something along those lines, I could do that.  Although tampering with perfection is a risky undertaking.

None of Boss Ridley's animations looked right with this model so I don't think MetaRidley's will either. Mostly because the wings and tail are apparently made of MANY more bones than they are on Charizard so they don't even move when transferring. One could make them work, but it would take countless hours.

I already have permission from StarWaffle to edit it if needed, so I guess that applies to anyone who would vertex it for this project. So can you try to make his beak "triangular" (like OtherM Ridley's) instead of Pterodactyal-like as it is now? Maybe make the head itself it a little thinner. This would include shortening the tip a bit I suppose. Also could you make his forearms/shoulders a little thicker. His entire upper body really. If you want, try to make a few of those random "spikes". You can see my attempt at them on his hips XD.

heres a few good pics of Other M Ridley for reference.

I can try the offsets on the tail and see how they turn out.

cuckoos
    Hyper Kitten

let the pupies hit the floor

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd Featured

« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2010, 09:11:35 PM »

I still think you guys should go with the standard Ridley model that Starwaffle made. Remember that Other M Ridley isn't Ridley's current design, seeing how Other M is a prequel to one of the Metroid games (I forget which one it is though!)

Anyways, if you could send me the Ridley boss file with all of his animations, I'd be grateful.

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2010, 10:09:20 PM »

I think
    I still think you guys should go with the standard Ridley model that Starwaffle made. Remember that Other M Ridley isn't Ridley's current design, seeing how Other M is a prequel to one of the Metroid games (I forget which one it is though!)

Anyways, if you could send me the Ridley boss file with all of his animations, I'd be grateful.

I think Aether got it from this page. http://www.4shared.com/file/BBe0drnn/Ridley__4-18-10_.html

---

We aren't forcing people to use the Other M texture that comes with it, and we might just pack all of those textures with it in the final version if we can get the necessary permissions. The Vertexed Other M model would only be on 1 slot either way.

And now I have a rant which has a couple spoilers in it, so I'll put it in spoiler tags.

The thing is, Ridley has never had a 3d model, aside from the Prime series....which are not considered canon, because they were not developed by R&D1.

Other M is canon to the franchise. It was developed by Team Ninja and R&D1. In all future non-spinoff games in the series, Ridley is likely to keep a look similar to his Other M model, unless Ridley is permanently dead after Fusion, which I highly doubt. Since the Other M Ridley is a clone of the Super Metroid Ridley, this is probably the exact same Body and appearance that he should have had in Super Metroid if it was a 3d game, un-restricted by sprites.
    Due to the flashbacks in Other M and it's commercial, one is lead to assume that Ridley looked the same way during his raid of K-2L, which took place 20 or so years before Metroid1. Further suggesting that in Metroid1, Ridley would have looked like this. Zero Mission is a retelling of Metroid1 and is not considered canon, his appearance is more anime-influenced in it. If you were to take EVERYTHING in Other M as canon, then Ridley's Other M appearance is his true form.
    That post in it's entirety, is the sole reason that I feel that we should have a nice Other M Ridley texture/model.

Thundaga_T2
    Extreme Kitten

Hey You!

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #146 on: November 18, 2010, 12:20:13 AM »

^Um Ridley technically wasnt in Fusion, it was an X parasite mimicking him.

Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
    Check out our music request thread here

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #147 on: November 18, 2010, 10:30:02 AM »

His frozen corpse was though.

SPOILERS*

This is how he looked on Super Metroid

This is how he looked on Other M

This is how his corpse looked on Other M

This is how his frozen corpse looked on Fusion

Now, by logic. Since his Fusion Sprite is almost exactly the same as his Super Metroid Sprite, he must have looked the same.

You could also throw this in. Although a flashback, it shows that he looked the same when K-2L was raided, which took place a decade or more before the original Metroid

But whatever, i plan to include all of the available textures when it is finished anyway. The Other M texture is just going to be a separate project under this post. Consider it unrelated.

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2010, 01:57:17 PM »

Ridley's body was frozen by the Federation after they recovered it from the Bottle Ship. His corpse was taken to the Research Facility in Fusion, and it was mimicked and destroyed by an X parasite there. The X parasite's version of Ridley has huge and deformed, however the froze corpse that it had stolen his information from, looked almost exactly the same as his Super Metroid form. And as I said earlier, the Other M Ridley is a direct clone of the Super Metroid Ridley, meaning that in Super Metroid, Ridley was meant to look like this.

I'm finished arguing about this. It's like everyone hates Other M so badly that they don't want anything associated with it to be used, period. I see enough of this unjustified resentment on other forums. There is nothing wrong with Other M, aside from the occasional problems with the control scheme.

If irishladdie727 is able to vertex it so it looks right, the community will have another good Ridley vertex to use if they so please, if not, they can continue to use StarWaffle's amazing model. It's just so people will have a little variety.

Back on subject- Still waiting on help with the remaining B moves.
    « Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 02:00:34 PM by Weyard » Logged

irishladdie727
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #149 on: November 19, 2010, 05:28:25 PM »

Ridley's body was frozen by the Federation after they recovered it from the Bottle Ship. His corpse was taken to the Research Facility in Fusion, and it was mimicked and destroyed by an X parasite there. The X parasite's version of Ridley has huge and deformed, however the froze corpse that it had stolen his information from, looked almost exactly the same as his Super Metroid form. And as I said earlier, the Other M Ridley is a direct clone of the Super Metroid Ridley, meaning that in Super Metroid, Ridley was meant to look like this.

I'm finished arguing about this. It's like everyone hates Other M so badly that they don't want anything associated with it to be used, period. I see enough of this unjustified resentment on other forums. There is nothing wrong with Other M, aside from the occasional problems with the control scheme.

If irishladdie727 is able to vertex it so it looks right, the community will have another good Ridley vertex to use if they so please, if not, they can continue to use StarWaffle's amazing model. It's just so people will have a little variety.

Back on subject- Still waiting on help with the remaining B moves.

Well from what I hear, the writing and voice acting are terrible, and they set feminism back even further than Peach has with how they characterized Samus, but I haven't actually played the game...

I can definitely do that vertex, but this is crunch week for school, so it might be a few days before I can start it.

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14
    Print
    Jump to: