Fliptocat's PSA's! All projects temporarily suspended. :/

Started by Fliptocat, November 15, 2010, 10:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What do you want next?

Aqua (Kingdom Hearts)
9 (33.3%)
Banjo (Banjo Kazooie)
13 (48.1%)
Zack Fair (Final Fantasy)
5 (18.5%)
Something else (Specify in post)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Just to suggest a couple potentials here that might spark some interest.
Up B: I get the feeling a flash step variant of some sort might feel about right here. Short range teleport, controllable direction, ends facing opposite. Good for headgames and closing, which Kenpachi himself would probably approve of.
Side B:Something akin to Ike's quickdraw(yeah yeah, lynch me after I finish if you still want to), only instead of slashing at the end of the dash, instead activate a diffrent short range teleport; this one only one or two steps back, and slightly above the starting point(good for any aerial setup, especially with the reach of that sword).

IMHO, you could also turn that neutral B into an armor pose of some sort - since he is traditionally very resilient to blades and so forth; maybe a time based low-level super armor on a short timer that'll give him the opportunity to just wade through a quick character's blows just long enough to really land a good shot.

Just a couple thoughts, hope they help.
Relax; It's later than you think.

hmm, well have you checked bleach vs crusade and shattered blade for attack ideas? (just a suggestion)

Thanks for the ideas. And I'm realizing tha I need to watch a few more videos so I can make my PSA play like Kenpachi, not just look like him.

I think my largest pointer as far as his technique is actually pretty simple; Unlike... well, pretty much everyone else in Bleach(as far as I've watched it, anyhow), Kenpachi doesn't abuse 'special' techniques to win, he relies more upon his own skill with a blade, and his own physical ability, intentionally internalizing that massive Reiatsu(sp? I never can remember that one.) in favor of beating his opponent tactically. Not to mention, it's pretty much because of all that that he's so damn imposing.
It's like he ENJOYS bringing a knife to a gunfight; and he keeps winning just that way. =)
Relax; It's later than you think.

Yeah, he's pretty different from the other characters in Bleach, that's the reason I picked him (Not to mention he's my favorite bleach char). I'll have to get a good graphic effect for his reiastu(No idea how to spell it either.) because there' nothing I can think of that would work for it at the moment.  And watching these videos things happen to fast for me to get a good look at 'em.... I'll have to analyse them a bit more closely.....

Oh, those little rants of mine aside, the model looks great; I definitely see this hack in my home-use package sometime in the future.
Relax; It's later than you think.

^Thanks, I'll try my best to see that i turns out well.
Alright, JokeKid, I fixed the wait position transitions. I also fixed the starting and charging animations for the smashes. He has two jumps like a normal character now, a grabbing animations, a ledge grab animation, and his landing animation is fixed. I'll probably disable all specials but the up special for the beta, it's the only one that really needs to be there.

good to hear that ^^
did u get rid of most T-poses?
cuz the worst thing about an import and what annoys me most is the T-posing ¬¬

^Yup. For most major animations he shouldn' T-pose. I just now added the Downed animation, in fact. Do you want him to have swimming and footstool animations for the beta? I can do it, but it'd be annoying...... What about item throws?
Also, looking at the model import betas on the vault, some are really unfinished. I already have twice as much done as certain ones.....

in fact i think an import shouldnt rly have betas, but thats ur deal ^^

^Just curious, but why? The only thing that bothers me is that some of them are really half-done and not viable for competitive play. By the beta release time, I'll have most, if not all of his attacks finished, except for maybe the final smash, since I have to make a another moveset for that. I'm going fix the glitches, as well, but the only one that absolutely has to be fixed by the beta time is the thrown glitch.

Oh, and do you want to test it again before the release?


Sure, but I still have to refine a few things before that time comes.

alright, i like how the progress is going with this so the waits worth it, keep up the good work