Question: :|
|: - 1 (8.3%)
c: - 7 (58.3%)
:[ - 2 (16.7%)
>:U - 2 (16.7%)
:T - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages:  1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 61
Author Topic: Ridley's Lair: Hats  (Read 314116 times)
Carnage
God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #615 on: April 26, 2012, 12:55:30 AM »

I suppose I can see one of the lifts from maybe the Prime games working, but it'd kinda small and pretty flat. /:

The Zebes platform isn't a finalized thing, so any other ideas would still be appreciated.

~Edit~

So I was digging through the Other M ISO trying to write a comprehensive documentation of its set up (because there doesn't seem to be one anywhere, and for good reason apparently) and I found this:

From what I can tell, it's a Metroid hatching ground, but.... where the hell was that in the game? ._.

There were quite a few other unnecessary files, including full models of the Bottle Ship, the battle field from Samus's flashback
    WHICH ONE AMIRITE and what appears to be a long road with random Federation vehicles strewn about.

Also, dafuq is this:

Whatever the case, I'll try to incorporate this into the stage somehow.

isnt that the dark room where alien queen comes out in the cutscene? since it shows the eggs on the ground

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #616 on: April 26, 2012, 01:57:06 AM »

I suppose I can see one of the lifts from maybe the Prime games working, but it'd kinda small and pretty flat. /:

The Zebes platform isn't a finalized thing, so any other ideas would still be appreciated.

~Edit~

So I was digging through the Other M ISO trying to write a comprehensive documentation of its set up (because there doesn't seem to be one anywhere, and for good reason apparently) and I found this:

From what I can tell, it's a Metroid hatching ground, but.... where the hell was that in the game? ._.

There were quite a few other unnecessary files, including full models of the Bottle Ship, the battle field from Samus's flashback
    WHICH ONE AMIRITE and what appears to be a long road with random Federation vehicles strewn about.

Also, dafuq is this:

Whatever the case, I'll try to incorporate this into the stage somehow.

I'm guessing that's the experimental simulated desert area, I think. I don't know haven't played the game in awhile.
    « Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:02:07 AM by Sorceress » Logged

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #617 on: April 26, 2012, 11:33:10 AM »

That... makes sense I suppose. But, like, a reflection of what?

The thing is, it's spherical and has an SRT0 file that doesn't loop properly, and it obviously doesn't match the background, so I was thinking that maybe it was a background model itself or something that landed there.

The whole thing is messing with my mind. But it's ultimately irrelevant, since I removed it anyway. XD

If you think of it as a golden sphere, with a reflection that follows the camera, it'd be perfect.

But if you removed it, I guess it's gone lol.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #618 on: April 26, 2012, 01:32:30 PM »

isnt that the dark room where alien queen comes out in the cutscene? since it shows the eggs on the ground

It definitely isn't. Pride said the same thing, but I'm almost 100% positive that I found the actual room where the Queen resides.

Pretty sure that's it. I'll go look at some Youtube videos to check.

I';m guessing that's the experimental simulated desert area, I think. I don't know haven't played the game in awhile.

At first I was thinking it was some sort of background, but judging by the texture of the sphere thing I'm thinking it was from some unused cutscene involving Samus witnessing the baby Metroid hatching from the egg.

If you think of it as a golden sphere, with a reflection that follows the camera, it'd be perfect.

But if you removed it, I guess it's gone lol.

Heheh, I guess it could have some use at some point as the background of another stage perhaps, but it's UVing doesnt look too great, and it looks like a background that would more belong in SSB. Ah well.

RayxConsume
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #619 on: April 29, 2012, 10:56:07 AM »

It's from a brief cutscene where MB tells Samus that the Metroids in the Bottle Ship were cloned from DNA extracted on her suit after the Mother Brain battle. Samus then has a flashback of SR388 where the Baby hatched from the goldenish orb/egg.
    I thought the cave environment shown in your ISO rip was a pretty cool recreation of what that SR-388 area would look like in modern gaming. Smiley

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #620 on: May 04, 2012, 10:19:37 AM »

Hi.

So now that finals are finally over, I can get back to work on a few things.

But since my brain works in weird ways, I had an idea that I just couldn't get out of my head. I've been planning it for a while, but I just realized that model importing made it possible.

Here's a small preview of it:

I would be genuinely surprised if anyone knew where I was going with this by that picture alone.

Oh, and ignore the [censored]ty placeholder textures, heheh.

I'll give you a hint: Metroid.

SURPRISE Awesome Face

But yeah. With the summer coming around, this stage should be finished relatiely quickly? Maybe? There's lots to be done, including modeling a certain boss character that'll lurk in the background and occasionally boost toward you.

*cough*
    « Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:21:50 AM by Gamma Ridley » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #621 on: May 04, 2012, 10:26:28 AM »

Hi.

But since my brain works in weird ways, I had an idea that I just couldn't get out of my head. I've been planning it for a while, but I just realized that model importing made it possible.

I would be genuinely surprised if anyone knew where I was going with this by that picture alone.

SURPRISE Awesome Face

But yeah. With the summer coming around, this stage should be finished relatiely quickly? Maybe? There's lots to be done, including modeling a certain boss character that'll lurk in the background and occasionally boost toward you.

*cough*

well i only played one metroid game and that was metroid other M and i dont remenber that maybe its from other metroid game so i have no clue where thats from

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #622 on: May 04, 2012, 10:31:47 AM »

well i only played one metroid game and that was metroid other M and i dont remenber that maybe its from other metroid game so i have no clue where thats from

You've played one Metroid game

And it was Other M

There is no srs face big enough to show my disappointment. Im srs here

Well, it's definitely not from there. Though if it was, I wouldn't have to make the stage from scratch would I? XD

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #623 on: May 04, 2012, 10:45:34 AM »

You've played one Metroid game

And it was Other M

There is no srs face big enough to show my disappointment. Im srs here

Well, it's definitely not from there. Though if it was, I wouldn't have to make the stage from scratch would I? XD
    i liked other M it was preety fun to play imo i liked it more than metroid prime 3 i played at a friends house since i hate aiming with the wii mote atleast in other m they were only missiles

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #624 on: May 04, 2012, 12:21:59 PM »

:|

Speaking of Other M, I just remembered a really ignorant comment I read on Youtube about one of the boss characters, which reminded me that I could just use it as a base rather than starting from scratch.

Now if only I could find the .brres it's contained in so I don't have to rig anything.[/lazy]

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #625 on: May 04, 2012, 05:39:21 PM »

Hi.

SURPRISE Awesome Face

*cough*

That's totally the room where you fight Serris in Fusion   Im srs here

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #626 on: May 04, 2012, 05:59:10 PM »

That's totally the room where you fight Serris in Fusion   Im srs here

Yessssssssssss. It totally is. =D

Success.

Serris was one of my favorite bosses from Fusion, and had the best theme, hands down.

I read a comment on Youtube where some sillyhead thought Serris was from Other M, but he was obviously mistaken.

He was thinking about Fune and Namihe.

... these guys:

It then came to me that rather than making a Serris model from scratch (which is probably beyond my capabilities at this point), I could just use Fune (left) as a base, and parts of Namihe (right) for detail. Namely, the eyes. All that would be needed is a convincing Serris texture, and boom.

The biggest problem is that these models are from the Models Resource, so they're not rigged. And I suck at rigging. So I'll probably have to dig around in the ISO a bit more. Woohoo.

I'm probably going to remake those little tanker... things, since they aren't exactly perfect, but it's good to know that they're convincing enough. XD

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #627 on: May 05, 2012, 01:06:44 AM »

i remenber those worms in other m they were easy Tongue

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #628 on: May 23, 2012, 03:33:05 PM »

~Update And Stuff~

Hi.

Thought I'd bump this thing with some junk I've been working on. I'm sure most people keep an eye on the WIP thread, but hey. Might as well post my junk here too.

Sooo here's what I've been making for DemonBoy's Parallel Worlds tournament:

Based on this piece of artwork by SJS:

SJ has agreed to texture him. Mmhmm.

Also did a bit of work on Feraligatr, nothing worth showing; I tried placing the PBR model's legs on the Pokepark model's body, but that model is weird and likes to screw things up. So it may be a while before I have more previews for him.

What else what else...

Oh. Added a poll. Vote pleeeeaaase. =D

... uhhh yeah. Think that's it for now.

kbye

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #629 on: May 23, 2012, 03:34:26 PM »

Oh my god Steampunk xD

Pages:  1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 61