Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 45 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Roo on January 16, 2011, 02:25:06 AM
DOH. >.<

I'm annoying the crap out of you lately huh tech? >_>

lol...
no...
Kryal's kinda touchy is all :P

at least he's helping :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Well, here's what I've noticed from the material properties chunk so far:

00000200 - Length
FFFF71A0 - MDL0 Offset
00000000 - Shader ID
03 - Flag
00 - Res. 0 (Always 0?)
00 - Res. 1 (Always 0?)
00 - Res. 2 (Always 0?)
00 - Ref. 0 - There seems to be one non-FF value for each texture used.
FF - Ref. 1
FF - Ref. 2
FF - Ref. 3
FF - Ref. 4
FF - Ref. 5
FF - Ref. 6
FF - Ref. 7
0000000000 00000061FE
00000F61F6 00000461FE
00000F61F7 00000E61FE
00000F61F8 00000061FE
00000F61F9 00000C61FE
00000F61FA 00000561FE
00000F61FB 00000D61FE
00000F61FC 00000A61FE
00000F61FD 00000E6127

FFFFFF - Unknown? (Leonardo has "FFFFD2" here, and Roll has "FFFFED".)
00000000 00000000 - Filler

00000061FE FFFFF061F6
E378C06128 03F04061C0
28F8AF61C2 08FEB061C1
08F2F061C3 081FF06110
0000006111 000000

00000061FE FFFFF061F7
0038C06129 3BF3BF61C4
0806EF0000 00000061C5
081FF00000 0000006112
0000000000 000000

All byte sets in green seem to be common in the models. What I mean, is that from all of the values I've checked from other models (Pikachu, Leonardo, Roll, Amy, and Eevee so far), they all seem to be the same.

@RTB:
Quote from: Kryal;11988643BLib has a dae import/export class that is mostly done, but won't work with blender. It properly exports texture coords and bones/skins to Maya/Max.



For the sake of example, here's the decoded 'Shader0' from FitPikachu00:





----Block 0----

61 FE 00 00 0F - BP Mask 0x0F

61 F6 00 00 04 - KSel[0] (Swap Mode) = ?4 [S1=0,S2=1]

61 FE 00 00 0F - BP Mask 0x0F

61 F7 00 00 0E - KSel[1] (Swap Mode) = ?E [S1=2,S2=3]

61 FE 00 00 0F - BP Mask 0x0F

61 F8 00 00 00 - KSel[2] (Swap Mode) = ?0 [S1=0,S2=0]

61 FE 00 00 0F - BP Mask 0x0F

61 F9 00 00 0C - KSel[3] (Swap Mode) = ?C [S1=0,S2=3]

61 FE 00 00 0F - BP Mask 0x0F

61 FA 00 00 05 - KSel[4] (Swap Mode) = ?5 [S1=1,S2=1]

61 FE 00 00 0F - BP Mask 0x0F

61 FB 00 00 0D - KSel[5] (Swap Mode) = ?D [S1=1,S2=3]

61 FE 00 00 0F - BP Mask 0x0F

61 FC 00 00 0A - KSel[6] (Swap Mode) = ?F [S1=2,S2=2]

61 FE 00 00 0F - BP Mask 0x0F

61 FD 00 00 0E - KSel[7] (Swap Mode) = ?E [S1=2,S2=3]

61 27 FF FF FF - IREF = 0xFFFFFF

PADDING



---Block 1---

61 FE FF FF F0 - BP Mask 0xFFFFF0

61 F6 E3 78 C0 - KSel[0] (Sel Mode) = 0xE378C? [C0=C,A0=1C,C1=D,A1=1C]

(Enable tex/color/coord map 0 for stage 0, disable stage 1)

61 28 03 F0 40 - TRef[0]   = 0x03F040 [TM0=0,TC0=0,En0=1,CC=0,TM1=7,TC2=7,En1=0,CC1=0]

61 C0 28 F8 AF - ColEnv[0] = 0x28F8AF [D=F,C=A,B=8,A=F,Bias=0,Op=0,Clamp=1,Shift=2,Dest=0]

61 C2 08 FE B0 - ColEnv[1] = 0x08FEB0

61 C1 08 F2 F0 - AlpEnc[0] = 0x08F2F0 [RS=0,TS=0,D=7,C=5,B=4,A=7,Bias=0,Op=0,Clamp=1,Shift=0,Dest=0]

61 C3 08 1F F0 - AlpEnc[1] = 0x081FF0

61 10 00 00 00 - Cmd[0]       = 0x000000

61 11 00 00 00 - Cmd[1]    = 0x000000

PADDING



--Block2--

61 FE FF FF F0 - BP Mask 0xFFFFF0

61 F7 00 38 C0 - KSel[1] (Sel Mode) = 0x0038C?

61 29 3B F3 BF - TRef[1]   = 0x3BF3BF

61 C4 08 0F EF - ColEnv[2] = 0x080FEF

00 00 00 00 00 - NOP

61 C5 08 1F F0 - AlpEnv[2] = 0x081FF0

00 00 00 00 00 - NOP

61 12 00 00 00 - Cmd[2]    = 0x000000

PADDING





There are three code blocks. GPU display lists must align to 16-byte blocks, which is why they are padded with zeros at the end. Technically, they could all be executed in one batch, but because they have been separated in such a manner it's possible they are used individually.



These commands directly control the Texture Environment (TEV) and the processing of each stage (up to 16).



IMPORTANT! THESE COMMANDS REFERENCE TEXTURE, TEXCOORD AND COLOR MAPS USED IN MATERIALS! This is why you can't just swap out 'shaders'. Materials define the texture layers for a polygon which includes texture coordinates, texture matrices and color sets. Even though you may be using a texture coordinate with an ID of 12, it's been assigned to layer 0 in the material. The 'shader' must then enable coordinate 0 with respect to the material layout.



So, these structures closely regulate the texture environment while processing textures on a material. The material sets global rendering options such as transparency and clipping, while the 'shader' sets fine-tuned options in the color pipeline to simulate shaders.



[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Aha, that helps clear things up a bit. :)

@anyone:
here's my chat group:
http://tcll5850.chatango.com/

anyone who wants to join, feel free :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 20, 2011, 04:22:36 AM #305 Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 04:33:20 AM by TheShyGuy
wut do u guys gotta figure out about the mdl0 at this point? Or are you guys at the point of just converting to other formats now....srry not up to date lol...

edit:
i might re-make ur mdl0 template(to know a bit more about the mdl0) in c#, if you mind just reply...I wont be using the source(cuz i dunno xml) just a reg mdl0 file.

January 20, 2011, 10:22:15 PM #306 Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 12:50:42 AM by Tcll
Quote from: TheShyGuy on January 20, 2011, 04:22:36 AM
wut do u guys gotta figure out about the mdl0 at this point? Or are you guys at the point of just converting to other formats now....srry not up to date lol...

edit:
i might re-make ur mdl0 template(to know a bit more about the mdl0) in c#, if you mind just reply...I wont be using the source(cuz i dunno xml) just a reg mdl0 file.


here's where progress is taking me :/
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295671

and I don't care ;)
that's why I built the template...

but don't look at the code through the XML

switch into edit mode and look at the code through there :/
the jumps and structs are what do all the work :)

EDIT:
forgot to say...
don't edit the current template you have...
I'm bout to have a big UD with alot of edits and helpers :)
and the names are alot more accurate too ;)

I won't fix the 0 offset just yet...
it's not causing too much of a prob right now,
but I will prbly need it fixed for upcoming edits...
so I'll fix it in my next UD when I have some time... ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I dunno for sure if this is possible, but to help avoid any glitches with trans N perhaps you should have an option that allows to select the character that you're exporting the mdl0 to. I mean like, the program sets up the new model's bones, polygons etc to work SPASIFICALLY with X character. Even if X character used to be on Y character.

What you'll have to do is set up the bone structure in 3ds max before converting. Just put the transN bone in the correct place and convert. And you'll still have to do some glitch fixing in the PSA.


hey RTB...
you still viewing this thread <:\

IDK how much you know,
but I've asked the famous and knowledgable people,
and they're being a bunch of losers...

Pharrox up and left and even though he's been on recently,
he hasn't answered or reply'd to anything I've left for him...
he was a very big help at first though :/
Kryal is kinda following by not answering anything I ask...
Bero (I'm told) knows a little, but isn't really showing it in the areas I need...
then again, the Q's I asked were directed more to Kryal with him around...
(not laying anything on him) ;)

so yea...
I've been down jerk-lane...
actually, I'm still kinda in the middle of it...
you wanna help me out of it so I can finally complete this dang plugin... plz... *mixed emotions*

I'll try to PM Bero and see what he says... :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Wow, I can see why no one wants to help you.

"but I've asked the famous and knowledgable people,
and they're being a bunch of losers..."

Do you actually expect to get help with that attitude?

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
Central Thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

Quote from: SSJCerious on January 23, 2011, 04:15:55 PM
Wow, I can see why no one wants to help you.

"but I've asked the famous and knowledgable people,
and they're being a bunch of losers..."

Do you actually expect to get help with that attitude?

that part wasn't really stated with an attitude,
but I see how it coulda been mistaken...
sry...

the famous and knowledgable are Pharrox, Kryal, Bero, and RTB
^that's how I ment it :(

sry bout the mis-understanding...

the thing that P's me is it's been months with no progress :/
(maybe weeks, but feels like months)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Well, its not like brawlbox was made in a week ya know? I understand wanting progress, but you cant expect fast paced work considering this has never been attempted before....i think.

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
Central Thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

Quote from: SSJCerious on January 23, 2011, 04:42:56 PM
Well, its not like brawlbox was made in a week ya know? I understand wanting progress, but you cant expect fast paced work considering this has never been attempted before....i think.

but it has...
those 4 people (2 of them for fact)
know the MDL0 format...
once I learn how to read the format, I'll be able to write to it...

but there is one outstander who I'd like to contact...

William Hahne

he has a better converter (mesh-wise) than Pharrox

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Wait...there are converters that already xist? LINK PLZ!!!!

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
Central Thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601